Cat Fisting (teach a man to fish)

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Re: Cat Fisting (teach a man to fish)

Post by Euclidthegreek »

I want to try this. Finally a good excuse for getting wet and muddy and exploring the nastier parts of swamps.*(Yes, I know you could do it for science, but now we've got one for the average redneck as well.)

*Insert sex joke here
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

A sport I'm very keen on is Nuttin' Salmon.

Basically you stand in a stream that salmon are swimleaping up from, and, well, bosh. Extra points for solid forehead contact.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LksuKTD8y0o

I do know people like this. There is just no fish that big in my area.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Snarky00
/shrug

Post by Snarky00 »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I saw Bear do this on Man Vs. Wild.
And I think Les Stroud either did it or attempted it in an episode of Survivorman.
Survivorman > Man VS. Wild. Bear Grylls is a wussy and an idiot. He purposefully puts himself in situations that would not come up in a survival situation to show off for the cameras and following any of his advice is a good way to end up dead. He also likes to film himself going to sleep in the wild then gets up and checks himself in a hotel for a few hours then in the morning he goes back and films himself waking up in the wild.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Snarky00 wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:I saw Bear do this on Man Vs. Wild.
And I think Les Stroud either did it or attempted it in an episode of Survivorman.
Survivorman > Man VS. Wild. Bear Grylls is a wussy and an idiot. He purposefully puts himself in situations that would not come up in a survival situation to show off for the cameras and following any of his advice is a good way to end up dead. He also likes to film himself going to sleep in the wild then gets up and checks himself in a hotel for a few hours then in the morning he goes back and films himself waking up in the wild.
I wouldn't disagree with you. I think the fact that Les does everything himself makes it more interesting, and more challenging. Having a camera crew follow you around while "surviving" doesn't really compare, especially with the talk of his cheating (I love this). And Les occasionally mentions how he prepped (and the clip/making-of shows really make that clear), while Bear constantly gives the illusion that he is winging it, which I'm sure isn't true in the least. My only real qualm with Survivorman is how he tends to go on about how loneliness can kill you, and suchlike. It just gets tired very quickly.
I've actually only seen 2 Man Vs Wild episodes, actually. The one in the Bayou and the one with Will Ferrell.
I think I've seen every Survivorman. Which is unfortunate, because I'd like to see more (though I recognize that there is only so much you can do before they get repetitive, which they did, even with only the 2 seasons) but he's done with it.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Those guys have nothing. I know guys who can do twice as much as they can. just remember that is a tv show. what those rednecks done in that video was real.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I don't know anybody who can do that because I don't want my life to end like Deliverance.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

That was a stupid movie. It is not like that around here. Half of that movie was real. I do know people who play the banjo like that. I am that good with a bow. None of the people i know do that kinda crap in the woods.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

HARDKORE wrote:Those guys have nothing. I know guys who can do twice as much as they can. just remember that is a tv show. what those rednecks done in that video was real.
Realize that Les Stroud is Canadian, and not native to the general area. He does some research, and gets deposited with minor supplies. He's done this (done a survival show, not cat-fisted) in the Australian Outback, the bayou, Africa, deep in South American Jungle, in frozen tundra, etc. There may be others who can do what he does*, but why discredit him?
Actually, wouldn't that discredit the rednecks more than anything? They do it all the time, so they know what the bite feels like, and all that. Les likely did not.

*Though few, as he tries to make the show look good, filming it himself. So he fashions himself part survivalist and part cinematographer. And he does get some beautiful shots.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Sorry man you lost me a canadian.

Just know that rednecks are awesome. One day they will rule the world.

Note that i am not a redneck.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Are you sure they won't just keep inbreeding and get killed by their cumulative birth defects?

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

That is just a stero type. That is crap from the movies. I am 25. I have not met anyone that was imbread and i dont know any imbreaders.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

HARDKORE wrote:That is just a stero type. That is crap from the movies. I am 25. I have not met anyone that was in bread and i dont know any in bread-ers.
And yet I know some Michigan rednecks who aren't "inbred" persay. But she admits that her extended family tree looks more like a family web. Which is scary considering that makes it necessary for the old and the young to copulate. I think the more appropriate analogy would be a mesh basketball net or something akin. Either way, she said there are very few people in her town/area who she could date where she couldn't figure how she was related to them fairly easily.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

That means it's the perfect time to move out.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

He is right. Get her on the move. Lethal, you take her out. You can take her cat fisting. What a better way to show that your willing to stick your fist in strange places then by catching a catfish on it.