iTunes but good

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Apocalyptus » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Lethal Interjection wrote:"Australia"?


Eurgh that wasn't a film, it was just one long tourism advert. Every time someone said 'crikey' I wanted to strangle them.

'Gettin' Square' was a good Australian comedy froma few years ago. Plus The Square is supposed to have been really good. But noone went and saw it.
Wtf? Why do these both have 'Square' in the title? Coincidence, or something more?
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."
User avatar
Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting
 
Posts: 5301
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: iTunes but good

Postby smiley_cow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:32 pm

What's the Aussie opinion of the Crocodile Dundee movies? Or are those considered American?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.
User avatar
smiley_cow
polite but murderous
 
Posts: 6518
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:15 pm
Location: The vast and desolate prairies

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Cirtur » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:55 pm

I like the Chaser's War on Everything. And Pulp Sport.
User avatar
Cirtur
Licensed Troll Pornographer
 
Posts: 9996
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Europe

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Kimra » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:54 am

smiley_cow wrote:What's the Aussie opinion of the Crocodile Dundee movies? Or are those considered American?

Hey he lives around here somewhere. Well not 'here' but less than half an hour away where the rich people live.

The first movie, I think most Australians liked it because it took the piss out of Americans. I think the second movie was okay as well (can't remember the actual plot of either of them right now)... but that latest debacle? No. Nobody thinks anything about it, we all just want to pretend it never happened.

Other Aussie movies I've thought of that break that 'deep and thoughtful' mold!
The Castle, Pricilla, Mad Max (I count it as Australian though it was probably American all except for the actors), The Dish, and The Nuggest. Oh oh! The Wog Boy

Yay for a little memory and a little looking up on the internet.
King Prawn
User avatar
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt
 
Posts: 6872
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am
Location: meanwhile elsewhere

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Apocalyptus » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:40 am

Kimra wrote:The Nuggest


Haha, I can just picture this - a film where there is a fight to the death as to who is the 'Nuggest' . I'm open to suggestions as to what being 'Nugg' actually is .*

Haven't actually seen Wog Boy though, is it actually good?

*not because I can't be witty on my own, shut up.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."
User avatar
Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting
 
Posts: 5301
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Kimra » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 am

Apocalyptus wrote:
Kimra wrote:The Nuggest


Haha, I can just picture this - a film where there is a fight to the death as to who is the 'Nuggest' . I'm open to suggestions as to what being 'Nugg' actually is .*

Haven't actually seen Wog Boy though, is it actually good?

*not because I can't be witty on my own, shut up.


The Wog Boy is much like many Australian films (comedy), a decent laugh in a couple places, sometimes a bit too silly, sometimes not funny at all, but overall nice to pass two hours watching. So I'd watch it again if it was on.
King Prawn
User avatar
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt
 
Posts: 6872
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am
Location: meanwhile elsewhere

Re: iTunes but good

Postby smiley_cow » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:33 am

Wait, isn't Young Einstein and Australian movie? And if so, how is it it has not been mentioned yet? (If it is, I do believe it's my favourite Australian movie, though I haven't seen many)
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.
User avatar
smiley_cow
polite but murderous
 
Posts: 6518
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:15 pm
Location: The vast and desolate prairies

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Edminster » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:13 am

Man, that's a good movie. Of course, the only thing I really remember from it is the cat pie.

For those of you playing at home, here's Wikipedia's plot summary:
Wikipedia wrote:The film is an intentionally inaccurate portrayal of Albert Einstein as the son of an apple farmer in Tasmania in the early 1900s. In this movie, Einstein splits a beer atom (with a chisel) in order to add bubbles to beer, discovers the theory of relativity and travels to Sydney to patent it. Here he invents the electric guitar and surfing, while romancing Marie Curie, who was in fact much older at the time and married. He invents rock and roll and uses it to save the world from being destroyed due to mis-use of a nuclear reactor under the watching eye of Charles Darwin, who had in fact died in 1882. The rest of the movie is somewhat less historically correct.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
User avatar
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS
 
Posts: 8849
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Internet

Re: iTunes but good

Postby LordRetard » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:23 am

Wikipedia wrote:The rest of the movie is somewhat less historically correct.

This is my favourite line of this summary. Now I might have to see this movie.
User avatar
LordRetard
The Most Retardedest
 
Posts: 9999
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:44 pm
Location: My Parents' Basement

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Apocalyptus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:05 am

smiley_cow wrote:Wait, isn't Young Einstein and Australian movie? And if so, how is it it has not been mentioned yet? (If it is, I do believe it's my favourite Australian movie, though I haven't seen many)


Yeah it had Yahoo Serious in it I think. I've heard of it, but haven't seen it.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."
User avatar
Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting
 
Posts: 5301
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Kimra » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Apocalyptus wrote:Yeah it had Yahoo Serious in it I think. I've heard of it, but haven't seen it.

I didn't mention it because I thought it would be the least likely to have been seen. But I loved the movie when it came out... when I was about seven (1988). I might have to watch it again for all those things I missed the first time around.*

*for example I didn't even know who Madam Curie was then, now I know she invented over twenty new types of curry.
King Prawn
User avatar
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt
 
Posts: 6872
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am
Location: meanwhile elsewhere

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Lethal Interjection » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:38 pm

I thought Madam Curie was the Indian lady who ran the brothel downtown.
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: iTunes but good

Postby Edminster » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Well who do you think she tested the curry on?

Image
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
User avatar
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS
 
Posts: 8849
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Internet

Previous

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests