Drives me crazy

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Gangler
watashi wa kawaii desu ne ^o^;

Drives me crazy

Post by Gangler »

I don't know what music the neighbors are playing, but it has a very strong bass beat. I've been hearing that bass coming from behind the walls for eight hours now. No accompanying music, just *THUMPTHOOMTHUMPBOOMTHUMPTHOOMTHUMPBOOM* on and on. It doesn't stop.

How about you guys? What's been tearing away at the ol' sanity today?
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: Drives me crazy

Post by DonRetrasado »

It seems like the hotter it gets, the more crazy people show up to my work and make trouble. I worked 12:30-8:30 today and I'm working 8:45-4:45 tomorrow, and I'm already exhausted. I am more and more tired and I simply don't have the time to sleep, go to school, go to work, go to readings, study, work out, fix up the garage, and whatever other crazy thing I need to do (and of course I either get free time or I get less time to do something important). The only thing that really keeps me cool right now is reading a lot, which I have less and less time for. And I don't need customers with unusual and complicated requests or complaining that they returned their items on time. Fuck off, it's 60 cents and you don't look poor.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

The hell? Complaining over a sixty cent fine? Talk about petty. Even at the worst of timesI can still shell out sixty cents, or wait patiently until the next pay before I utilize your services again.

Not really a matter of poor so much as just plain being ridiculous. I have to imagine that their very presence as a customer would indicate they can handle a sixty cent fine.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon
about to eat your face.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

It's a public library, so if they return everything on time there's no cost to them (except taxes). It's generally not the poor-looking people who complain, though.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I have found that in my area if you volunteer at the library and make friends with everyone who works there you will never have to pay a late fee ever again because they will waive them for you.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

In my area, volunteers aren't subject to fines. Though I had a woman come up with a $12 bill that mystified us both. (turned out she had a book out so long it was reported lost, and was automatically charged for it)

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

Twelve dollars isn't all that much I wouldn't think. I mean, at least where I live a single book caps out at $11 for the fine, and then if you have it out long enough for them to charge you for the purchase that gets added on. It's not unheard of for me to end up with a sixty or seventy dollar fine simply because I had half a dozen books signed out and didn't return them for a month after the due date. Sure, it's only forty cents a day per book, but that adds up. Of course these days I pirate most of my literature. Just more affordable that way ;)
about to eat your face.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

DonRetrasado wrote:Though I had a woman come up with a $12 bill that mystified us both.
I was disappointed when I figured out that you didn't mean currency.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Gangler wrote:Twelve dollars isn't all that much I wouldn't think. I mean, at least where I live a single book caps out at $11 for the fine, and then if you have it out long enough for them to charge you for the purchase that gets added on. It's not unheard of for me to end up with a sixty or seventy dollar fine simply because I had half a dozen books signed out and didn't return them for a month after the due date. Sure, it's only forty cents a day per book, but that adds up. Of course these days I pirate most of my literature. Just more affordable that way ;)
Yes I have also seen this happen.
Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Though I had a woman come up with a $12 bill that mystified us both.
I was disappointed when I figured out that you didn't mean currency.
Actually, when you quoted me I had forgotten why I posted that and also began to think I meant currency.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Gangler

Post by Gangler »

I thought it was currency on the first read through too. It was compounded by the fact that a $12 bill would indeed be mystifying.
about to eat your face.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

FengharTheNord wrote:
That's the song that has been going through my head everytime I see the thread title too.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Maybe try not living next to the pump room for the local swimming pool?
Holy shit we actually trap megaliters of water in the ground so that people can SWIM in them what the fuck is wrong with this world
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

water falls... from the sky...

PRAISE SHAI-HULUD
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

My baby producing neighbours and their absolute stupidity. Mostly in regards to their extended womb* cars and their inability to drive and park them. Apparently their children are so so so so special that they can't actually get out of the car unless the car door opens on directly to their front gate/door. Never mind that they then take up two car spots in a street with minimal parking. As long as the children don't have to walk two feet more.

*stabbity stab stab*

*giant suv's in the middle of the city
King Prawn