What are some "must read" graphic novels contained in one bo

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

DanielMatt

What are some "must read" graphic novels contained in one bo

Post by DanielMatt »

Hey everyone, relatively new to the forum but I wanted to bounce a question off you. I have collected things like Y: The Last Man, Watchmen, and Preacher. Thinking about other classics like Sandman, sort of trying to get the graphic novel ‘must-haves.

I am now looking for ‘one shot deals’ (not sure if these type of novels have a specific name). This means those graphic novels that get their story start and ending in a single book. A few examples would be Black Hole, the Fifth Beatle, Underwater Welder, and Beautiful Darkness.

Even though these were released per week or month, they were eventually compiled in a single book (So I am not just thinking about a single release, just contained).

Do you have any suggestions for can’t-miss books like that? Thank you so much for any suggestions that you might have and I look forward to your recommendations.
The complete Marvel reading order - http://cmro.travis-starnes.com

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: What are some "must read" graphic novels contained in on

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I only own Sin City and Watchmen.

I have also read the first of the X-men 1602 series. I wasn't terribly impressed.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

I think you've listed a lot of of the one-shot comics I have already read (not sure from your comment if you've read Sandman or not, but you if you haven't, do).

Otherwise I've really been enjoying Gene Luen Yang's stuff (e.g. American Born Chinese, Boxers), and Heck by Zander Cannon was really mind bendy and quite good. The Fables series is worth a read, and I really enjoyed the Lucifer series which is a spin off of Sandman.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

lumusislight

Post by lumusislight »

[u]DanielMatt[/u] wrote: @dissertationwriter
Hey everyone, relatively new to the forum but I wanted to bounce a question off you. I have collected things like Y: The Last Man, Watchmen, and Preacher. Thinking about other classics like Sandman, sort of trying to get the graphic novel ‘must-haves.

I am now looking for ‘one shot deals’ (not sure if these type of novels have a specific name). This means those graphic novels that get their story start and ending in a single book. A few examples would be Black Hole, the Fifth Beatle, Underwater Welder, and Beautiful Darkness.

Even though these were released per week or month, they were eventually compiled in a single book (So I am not just thinking about a single release, just contained).

Do you have any suggestions for can’t-miss books like that? Thank you so much for any suggestions that you might have and I look forward to your recommendations.
Hi,

I have This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki on my reading list. Last month I sold two books from my collection (Watchmen and Daytripper - now some guy from Mexico is happier than me). But my biggest expectation is the novel Here by Richard McGuire. Just waiting for the delivery.