I need help

right now there's only one site that i'm using http://linktomp3.com

I know lots of guys up there on smbc comic know lots of ways to find new music

just tell me

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: How do you find new music online ?

Post by Edminster »

We have a thread where people post whatever they're listening to lately; that's what I use.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I don't really understand the question. There are a huge number of ways to find new music from what I can tell, and that's aside from the thread edminster linked.
Granted, I can't tell if this is meant to be well-hidden spam or not. Either way, here are some fancy tips:
- Listen to something that isn't just top 40 radio. Genre stations often have particular times/shows that showcase newer music. Stations that have a somewhat independent focus are even better (like NPR or CBC Radio2).
- Check out Songza. Search for an artist you like and select a playlist that includes them or is inspired by them. The playlists usually have a smattering of different artists which have some similarity to the artist you like. I haven't used Spotify, but I understand it does the same thing more or less.
- Satellite radio. For the same basic reasons as the above point.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I find writing my own music is the best way to get new music. If you want it online, just upload it and BAM two birds, one stone.
King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

You gotta go crate-digging if you want to find the rarest of the rare grooves.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Lethal Interjection wrote: Granted, I can't tell if this is meant to be well-hidden spam or not.
I'm going to go with spam. The linked site is for converting various formats to mp3, mainly YouTube videos, but it works with other stuff I believe. I've never actually used it. Either way, it isn't useful for finding new music, just converting it to mp3 once you've found it.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

runningman

Post by runningman »

I often search through last.fm. It's convenient when you see similar artists on the ones you already listen to.
Try to use http://www.smbc-comics.com/smbcforum/ and with the help of our service, you can deal with any writing assignment you get.