Optimus vs Samus

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Sheriff Dani
Site Admin, Moderator

Post by Sheriff Dani »

Yeah, I mean there are plenty of chicks that could rank up there. If this is cross universe, why not toss in comic books? Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Wonder Girl, Super Girl, Starfire, Mary Marvel, Power Girl, Arrowette, Poison Ivy, Catwoman . . . and that's only DC. What about Dark Phoenix of the Marvel-verse? Ultimate fucking power. Indy, Tank Girl, Katchoo. Video games? Kitana. Mileena. Sonya. Jade. Cammi. Chun Li. Samus. Any Sorc from any Final Fantasy game. And let me remind you of Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. Cartoons and TV shows? What about the GI Joe chicks? Lady J, Scarlett, Jinx. How about Kim Possible? What about Buffy? You can't freaking kill her. She beats up stuff a million times stronger than herself. Zoe? Kicking ass in bar fights, getting shot and not caring.

Then again, we're forgetting something aren't we? This whole discussion is for nothing, isn't it? OPTIMUS GOT ICED BY MEGATRON. Oooohhh. The end.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Sheriff Dani wrote:Then again, we're forgetting something aren't we? This whole discussion is for nothing, isn't it? OPTIMUS GOT ICED BY MEGATRON. Oooohhh. The end.
That's like saying Obi Wan got iced by Vader in A New Hope. Prime let it happen for the greater good.

And of that large list, name one you think should be in the Top 5 Most Powerful Beings Ever list.

I think the only female that could be in the top five would be if you really weight fear into the power rankings. Then you could put Janet Reno in. :)

On a serious note, I think Rouge post Ms. Marvel powers could qualify in the top 5, but I don't think she could beat OP cause I don't think she could steal power from a machine.

PS: Tank Girl :shock: Nigga Please. You're both losing credibility for that one. (though maybe not as much as I am for saying "Nigga Please").

Sheriff Dani
Site Admin, Moderator

Post by Sheriff Dani »

Mary Marvel, Dark Phoenix, Power Girl, and Wonder Woman can all rank up there. I'm telling you, they're incredibly powerful beings. Being a chick doesn't hurt their case; it actually helps. Ask any man who's ever forgotten an anniversary. Ouch.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Although Batman trumps ANY DC hero, and he's not in the top 5, so no DC characters can make the list unless Batman does too, and I don't think he does.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

TwoBuy wrote:Although Batman trumps ANY DC hero, and he's not in the top 5, so no DC characters can make the list unless Batman does too, and I don't think he does.
Really? Batman? I could never understand why people like Batman. I think he's kind of a cry baby. "My parents were killed. Boo hoo. Now I'm going to go all creepy and wear black and basically hunt people in the name of justice." Plus I like villians a lot more because if I had super powers or lots of money (like Batman) I'd be a super villian too.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

First, it's not a popularity contest. Second, I don't write for DC, so I didn't make the rules.

Hell Batman beat Superman! Twice!

Oh, and to whoever put the new emoticon in the list: Total Score! You rule!

:][>:=~+:

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:Oh, and to whoever put the new emoticon in the list: Total Score! You rule!
I didn't put it in the list, but I did make it. Image I made it after Image my other ones Image but I should have guessed Image it would be the most Image popular. I got tired of using the :shock: shocked icon all the time, when there's so much Image more potential with morphine.

Feel free to link to any of 'em you want. It's Photobucket's bandwidth, not mine.
TwoBuy wrote:First, it's not a popularity contest.
Nope, it's a power contest, so Dani makes a fine point about Dark Phoenix et al., though, admittedly, Westley probably does still hit close to #1. On the other hand, he's quite effeminate for a man. Romantic and powerful? Yes. Borderline pillow-biter? Also yes.
Pirate.

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

Sheriff Dani wrote:Mary Marvel, Dark Phoenix, Power Girl, and Wonder Woman can all rank up there. I'm telling you, they're incredibly powerful beings. Being a chick doesn't hurt their case; it actually helps. Ask any man who's ever forgotten an anniversary. Ouch.
Good point. Like, if there were a woman who was as powerful as Superman, she'd be equally as mighty as well as having the ability to sex you up.

PS: She-Ra was a poseur.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of Dark Pheonix being in the top 5. But every time I do, I go back to her being in the Marvel Universe which means that I'd be placing her above The Hulk (green, not crappy brown), and Spiderman, and I can't see that happening at Marvel. I don't know who would win between the two, but in Marvel-land, they are both unbeatable. This also applies to the Rouge theory I had.

I'm sorry, but I'm back to square one: no woman could beat OP.

Damn it. Now I'm thinking about: what if Rouge absorbed The Hulk's powers... Discuss

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

As for Batman, he's the World's Greatest Detective, thus he rightly headlines Detective Comics.

And it was more a case of "My parents have been killed in front of my eyes, I'm going to train my body and skills for years all around the world in order to kick the most ass possible"

Look at us getting off-topic in something that was already off-topic.

I don't know too much about the Marvel Universe so I don't know much 'bout Dark Phoenix.

To go back to the original Optimus vs. Samus, there's nothing to do with the masculinity/femininity thing in it, Samus was human-sized, Prime was a giant robot who could transform into an eighteen-wheeler. I still think he'd win.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

TheyMightBeJason

Post by TheyMightBeJason »

Only if Samus were inside OP when he transformed. Ouch!

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Jesster wrote:To go back to the original Optimus vs. Samus, there's nothing to do with the masculinity/femininity thing in it, Samus was human-sized, Prime was a giant robot who could transform into an eighteen-wheeler.
Has my picture proven nothing to you? They were the same size!

Prime just insisted on having flattering angles for his camera shots. He actually only came up to Megatron's knee, but that's a completely different story. Image

This whole "who's the better" thing is breaking my heart, anyway. It's like asking me to chose between Adelei Niska and Baron Greenback in a "who's the better villain" contest. Why must you make me choose?!
Pirate.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

TwoBuy wrote:I'd be placing her above The Hulk (green, not crappy brown), and Spiderman, and I can't see that happening at Marvel.
Peh, Spiderman is overrated. In my opinion, venom AND Carnage are way above him. Now They may not qualify, what with being on the wrong side of the law and all. But they top spiderman in style anyday.

But on the subject of Samus Vs Prime. In a proper fight, I think I'm going to have to go Optimus. But of it came down to style, Samus whoops Prime with ease.

Then again. The sheer awesome heroic character of a big robot truck is very hard to top.

On another point. You don't see them putting Optimus prime into Super smash brothers, do you?

Although I would get any game that did.
Not a big fan of signatures.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Simon. wrote:Peh, Spiderman is overrated. In my opinion, venom AND Carnage are way above him.
It's not my OPINION that Spiderman is the king of Marvel, it's the writers at Marvel who do. Spiderman is not anywhere near my favorite comic book character, but he CAN'T LOSE. The writers have made it imposible. He whoops Venom and Carnage constantly despite having weaker powers. And since Dark Pheonix and Spiderman both belong to Marvel (not me) DP can't be higher on the rankings despite having better powers.

Oh, and if any of you ever wonder where OP's trailer goes during transformation into a robot, Hasbro's official statement is "Pocket Dimensions." That's right, every Transformer has a bag of holding. So the idea of Samus being inside OP during transformation doesn't bode well for her ever making it to this universe again.

On a sidenote, if they have pocket dimensions, why didn't they ever use them as weapons?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Simon. wrote:On another point. You don't see them putting Optimus prime into Super smash brothers, do you?

Although I would get any game that did.
I'm thinking you haven't heard of Dream Mix TV World Fighters, or you would have brought it up.
TwoBuy wrote:That's right, every Transformer has a bag of holding. On a sidenote, if they have pocket dimensions, why didn't they ever use them as weapons?
Good point! Those things are fearsome weapons. I guess the Transformers just took them for granted, and never appreciated their military applications.
Pirate.