40%
GreenCrayon's Battle
60%

Total votes: 15

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

The Freakin' Forumbattle Finale

Post by ruotwocone »

After like years or something of laziness... GC has finally comic-ed up and submitted his half of the forumbattle finale. So here it is.

TwoBuy's Battle

GreenCrayon's Battle

tucker
Master of the single Entendre

Post by tucker »

zing
huh?

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Judging by the poll results I probably should have gone for "GreenCrayon is a booger-face". :?
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:Judging by the poll results
I'm just as puzzled as you are. I think I might have somehow managed to rig the voting with the powers of my subconscious.

I mean... your comic has many elements that resonate with this very forum (the [CENSORED] thing being used was a master stroke, the "good comic, well written" made me chuckle, and all the Britonian phrases were great). I was going to vote for your comic myself, but then I thought "Nah, it'll look bad if I don't get at least 1 vote".

You have to be this surprised to be GreenCrayon right now --> :shock:
Pirate.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Wow. That was almost worth the wait... almost*.
My vote goes to the brotha' good comic, well written.

*almost, almost, there we are.
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

GC's is made funny by the juxtaposition of semi-insightful philosophical statments arranged into an artistic composition against the "TwoBuy is a stupidhead".

While I agree yours was good in including many pieces we're familiar with (The [CENSORED] and good comic, well written) it just didn't make me laugh as much. Although referencing his recent marriage was funny, it could have been improved with a reference to the Welsh, if I remember correctly.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Jesster wrote:GC's is made funny by the juxtaposition of semi-insightful philosophical statments arranged into an artistic composition against the "TwoBuy is a stupidhead".

While I agree yours was good in including many pieces we're familiar with (The [CENSORED] and good comic, well written) it just didn't make me laugh as much. Although referencing his recent marriage was funny, it could have been improved with a reference to the Welsh, if I remember correctly.
yeah, so i'm gonna have to go ahead and dissagree there. GCs comic is opponent inspecific. It could have worked against anybody and is therefore, less funny. Also, making fun of emo kids is getting old for me. I get it, nobody likes emo kids, get over it. Finally, TwoBuy hasn't expressed any kind of deep seeded like/dislike of being emo. If he had gone around the forums ragging on emo kids all the time, it might have been funnier. Well anyways, those are my thoughts, and of course if they aren't yours then your opinions are obviously wrong and you should work on changing them.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

ruotwocone wrote:Also, making fun of emo kids is getting old for me. I get it, nobody likes emo kids, get over it. Finally, TwoBuy hasn't expressed any kind of deep seeded like/dislike of being emo. If he had gone around the forums ragging on emo kids all the time, it might have been funnier.
What's a emo?

Seriously, I do know. But when did I mention my comic was ragging on emo kids? I said it might be a bit too avant garde, nothing about emo at all. I guess you're not avant garde enough, ruo. Probably not avant garde at all. And so we all get to look down on you, because we're avant garde and pretentious, and you're just not. But you want to be. But you're not. So mneh.
Pirate.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

GreenCrayon wrote: What's a emo?

some other stuff that's probably too avant guarde for me to understand
i don't know really, i just try to use as many buzz words as possible when i'm online to sound more knowledgeable

PsychicBacon

Post by PsychicBacon »

Synergy, think outside the box! Other corporate buzz words that I can't think of at the moment!

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

PsychicBacon wrote:Synergy, think outside the box! Other corporate buzz words that I can't think of at the moment!
i was thinking more internet buzz words like those DRMs and net neutrality i keep hearing about rather than business ones, but what the hell - knowledge transfer, action plan, blamestorming, etc. oh, and my personal favorite "Men are from Omicron Persei 7 and Women are from Omicron Persei 9"

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I looked at the results again. Apperently I didn't threaten and insult you guys enough.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:Apperently I didn't threaten and insult you guys enough.
A fatal flaw is using the carrot in the "carrot and stick" plan to hurt people. Carrots don't make good weapons. They don't even make very good casseroles*.

Compare your technique with mine.

TwoBuy sez: "Epoch is a smelly retard."

It's good. It's to the point. But where's the love?

GreenCrayon sez: "Epoch is certainly smelly, but I can't get enough of that alluring stench. And I think he's special."

We both said the same thing, but Epoch feels warm and fuzzy inside after reading mine. Admittedly, he thinks I find his offensive odours** attractive, but since I've never met him, I don't know for sure that I wouldn't.

* You should be grateful that it offered to cook you dinner at all, really.
** Even I find that's one "u" too many. I'd have written it the Americanian way, but then I'd also have to admit that "aluminum" and "nucular" were correct... which is patently ridiculous.
Pirate.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

Sure, the joke didn't have anything particularly personal against TwoBuy, but it's avant garde humour just felt less formulaic than the 'take things well known about the person and rip into them'.

Maybe I just don't 'get' the joke in TowBuy's. I didn't find it all that amusing, so my vote went to the GC. I apologise if my opinion was 'wrong'.

I also 'apologise' for the overuse of ' during this post.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

I probably would've voted for TB's if the battle was up while the Green Crayster's marriage was still breaking news.
I am the Illegitemate Father of Genetics
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"