ForumBattle II: This Time It's Prehensile

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

your_face wrote:Okay, so say hawhaw submits his and I don't bother because, let's face it, I'm a lazy bum and I don't know anything about hawhaw because I haven't been reading my back catalog.

I get 0 points, so how many does he get? Is he the winner by default or does somebody else take my place last minute style?

It doesn't actually matter, I'm just causing noise in "da 'hood, yo".
Yeah, he'll get winner's points. However, he competed last forum battle, so you get 6 buckets* of material just from reading those.

*3 from seeing how other people made fun of him and 3 for seeing the battles he made last time**.
**which did happen to tie*** me :shock:
***which was my only non-win**** of the tourney.
****I hate you crayon*****.
*****POS******
******Green Crayon.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

your_face wrote:Is he the winner by default or does somebody else take my place last minute style?
He's winner by default. Well, sort of.

Y'see, you'll get 0 points either way. But if more people still vote for you, you'll get 0 points, and he'll get 1 (for losing).

On the other hand, if you both get the same number of votes, you'll get 0, he'll get 2 (for getting a draw).

If more people vote for him (likely, but not a definite...), you'll get 0, he'll get 3.

If neither of you submit a comic, you both get 0, y'lazy stupidheads.

There will be no substitutions last minute. I was toying with the idea, but it's implausible in practice.

Oh, and in addition to TwoBuy's wisdom about how to take on hawhaw... think Steffles. Everyone else did.
Pirate.

epoch
lovably determined to find intertube acc

Post by epoch »

I know I am.
Fluid Philanderer.
Crusty wrote:Sig'ed

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

epoch wrote:it's like one post above this, just scroll up and read it. you people are maniacs.
Possibly the second best epoch post ever.

And in reference to the 'not submitting' thing, I meant if I never submit. Like, ever.

In this scenario, I assume that the submitter wins by default and the other sucks their non-gender specific thumb in a corner and cries.
no u

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

your_face wrote:In this scenario, I assume that the submitter wins by default
Nope. As stated earlier, it simply means the non-submitter loses by default. This doesn't necessarily mean the submitter wins per se.
Pirate.

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

How could the submitter not win if they don't have an opponent?

The only scenario I can see with this is if they receive 0 votes. In which case, I guess it would be a draw.

Perhaps I'm being... obtuse.
no u

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

i may have missed it, but when are our comics due?

epoch

Post by epoch »

your_face wrote:
epoch wrote:it's like one post above this, just scroll up and read it. you people are maniacs.
Possibly the second best epoch post ever.
what would be the first best?

I'm honestly curious, so that way I can "tailor" my humour based on what I've done so far that you guys liked.

sort of like a "choose your own epoch" adventure game.
Fluid Philanderer.

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

Dear Ruo,
The comics are due Thursday. However, GreenCrayon has stated that if there aren't enough submitted on time he will delay the deadline to Friday.
Love,
Crusty
I am the Illegitemate Father of Genetics
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

your_face wrote:How could the submitter not win if they don't have an opponent?
Okay, let's run a real world example, and see if that clears things up.

Situation:
your_face and hawhaw are facin' off in the ol' ForumBattle II. The deadline is sundown (Thursday). hawhaw submits his entry on time, but your_face don't bother. Deputy GreenCray'n puts up the post on the forum, all friendly-like, sayin': "Folks, looks like we got a no-show. Here's hawhaw's comic. It ain't pretty, but it's honest work. your_face din't get his in on time, so he's gettin' 0 points. Now, you folks wanna throw your votes at hawhaw's comic, or your_face's non-comic?"

Example 1:
Most folk see things the sane way. They can see there ain't no comic sittin' pretty in your_face's corner, so 9 votes all deliver 'emselves squarely at hawhaw. 2 votes go to your_face, on account of TwoBuy not likin' hawhaw, and using one o' his fake accounts to vote twice. Still, hawhaw obviously wins, so 3 points to him, and none t' your_face.

Example 2:
Well, things ain't been so fair in hawhaw's town. He's given hisself a lotta enemies, and it looks like as many folks voted for him as did for your_face, despite that there ain't no comic showin' for him. hawhaw gets 2 points, but your_face still gets none.

Example 3:
Would you look at that? Folks said it weren't gonna happen. Folks were wrong. your_face din't give up a comic, but he still got 5 votes, all from TwoBuy. And only 3 folks (all ruotwocone) voted for hawhaw. So, against all odds, hawhaw's comic loses (gettin' him just 1 point) and your_face wins. But, 'cos he didn't submit a comic, he still gets just 0 points. Ain't that a shame.

Conclusion:
Pretty much ever'one rides off in to the sunset, leaving the bodies of the two battlers for the buzzards to snack on. Folks were entertained, so it weren't a bad day. But their ghosts will pro'lly haunt this town for years to come. Tumbleweed floats past. A Steffles howls in the distance.

Clear now?

Oh, and Crusty is right. Thursday is sundown.
Pirate.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

oh man, listening to foreigners try to sound old west-ey is great. They're all trying to get the accent, but they can't really do it cuz they pronounce everything in staccato. classic

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

It's just payback for all the American films with an 'English' character in them.
no u

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

your_face wrote:It's just payback for all the American films with an 'English' character in them.
what? like dick van dyke? that was a flawless accent

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

epoch wrote:sort of like a "choose your own epoch" adventure game.
You're gunna have us donate $39 and then not do anything?
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

epoch

Post by epoch »

TwoBuy wrote:
epoch wrote:sort of like a "choose your own epoch" adventure game.
You're gunna have us donate $39 and then not do anything?
that's part of the game friend.

but I would do stuff...I'm not Gygax or anything. sheesh.
Fluid Philanderer.