Oldrac versus Ahmet

Upper Bracket
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Oldrac versus Ahmet

Post by Edminster »

Oldrac:

Ahmet:
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Re: Oldrac versus Ahmet

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

I have never before voted with such certainty as that with which I now vote for my opponent.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Wow Oldrac, that was a pretty cool curse image. I'm totally using it.
Well, the month of fasting is upon us, so I need to sleep. Like, now.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Neglected Shoe
Oceanolobiolographer? I hardly know her!

Post by Neglected Shoe »

I abstain from voting. Both of the submissions were -way- too long. I feel and have felt all along that the spirit of the competition is to design "the perfect burn" in the form of concise, witty, and humiliating humor. I also feel that brevity honors our Godhead Zach, as he strives for one panel comics and short but poignant jokes. That's how this battle started, and I was hoping that's how it would finish. Sadly, I am disappointed.

In the words of mountainmage*, "odds are that you have done something wrong if you exceed 1200 pixels."

*my personal commentary on this battle in no way reflects the opinions of mountainmage
"Someone didn't pay attention in religion class."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I vote Oldrac, for that scathing thing I made up in his place. (i.e. the corner above the bottom right corner)
King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I... I don't know. I want to vote for both, but I'm not sure what that would accomplish. I think I'm going to have to sleep on it.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I'll vote Oldrac, but all the same I lament my choice because these were the two best submissions in the contest. Also, Ahmet is a douche.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Agh. Both had many funny points. Hmm.
Uh...

Fuck, now whoever I vote against will hate me, probably.

Ugh, Oldrac for print winner!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

I found myself quite enjoying Ahmet's rap battle -- I think his submission would have been better as that alone, with a little more time given to it. I don't like the avatar battle at all, because it absolutely ruins a much funnier joke I was going to make when I myself challenged Ahmet. [/sulk]

Oldrac... a Jack Chick tract? Priceless. While the contents could have sparkled just a little bit brighter, the concept wins over. Brevity may be the soul of wit, but the lengthier format was essential to the funny.

In conclusion*, Oldrac gets my vote, but Ahmet nearly earned a Megapoint. Nearly.

*Why didn't I just get to this bit first?
Pirate.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I was surprised. I also liked both of them a lot.
Oldrac's had a decent little story followed by that hilarious tract.
Ahmet's was just general quality.
I vote Oldrac.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Well I knew for a while Oldrac would beat me, and I'm happy to say he didn't fall even a bit short of my expectations. The name you gave me sounds like Bahamut when read aloud. I hope that was what you intended, because that's funnier than any kind of joke I would have come up with for my name. LOLWUT.

I'm glad that when I put effort into things you guys take notice. I remember how much difficulty I had getting it done. I left the house at 4 to get it scanned at my campus, and the moment I sit on the computer chair I'm told they're closing. I go to the libraries to see if they had scanners, which they didn't. Then it turns out the people downstairs had a scanner, but I spent a half hour getting it to work! Once I get it scanned and on my flash drive, I run to my computer and open paint. Just then, my sister comes in and says she needs to use the computer to look up activities for the girls she looks after in the program she is in! At 8 she gets off, but I kinda didn't feel like doing anything at that point. Fortunately the Daily Show wasn't at it's best, having a real interview rather than jokes, so I got up and made this shit.

Seriously, I didn't think for a moment I'd beat Oldrac. I'm voting for him to cancel out his vote for me. But yeah, this was one of the few times I have publicized my raps. What do you guys think about it? Also, LR is a douche.
Last edited by AHMETxRock on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Hey I'm just following orders, man. Anyway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahamut (compare with "behemoth")

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

My mother is sad because I am losing a competition on the internet. I tried, momma, I tried!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

After sleeping on it (twice!) I still can't decide. So I officially abstain, best of luck to both of you.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I was not aware of the history of this. Ahmet, I've been a steadfast and loyal (if not entirely willing) supporter of your career in the ForumBattle, but there is no way I can vote against Oldrac on this one.

Although I must admit that had LR not posted that you would have won because of the little Oldrac statue on the end of his sceptre in the final panel. Seriously man, your drawing skills have vastly improved since you first started posting your stuff.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud