Team Fortress 2 SMBC server

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

a 184 pixel by 184 pixel group avatar that wasn't thrown together by me with my lame photoshop skills?

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

A love sonnet containing the aliases of every member in the group?
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Simon. wrote:Which is strange considering when I went to his page earlier today, before I saw your post, he had "zach weiner" as a friend! Who's profile was private and I could not see. INTERESTING.
Looks like I was wrong and stupid, it wasn't Chason, but Martbot I was thinking of. And yeah I have to agree with Ruo on the club gift-o. An avatar for the group would be pretty fucking awesome.
Not a big fan of signatures.

ZeWolfman

Post by ZeWolfman »

SMBC Team Fortress eh?

I like the idea of shooting you guys.

Sign me up..
Che-Kurt was not well received...

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

ZeWolfman wrote:SMBC Team Fortress eh?

I like the idea of shooting you guys.

Sign me up..
sign yourself up dopey

ZeWolfman

Post by ZeWolfman »

I didn't sign myself up for that kind of abuse!

And it's downloading, it'll be done some time next week..

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

also, everybody remember that our 1st ever event starts at 7:00pm PST (GMT -8 ) today. See the group page for details.

Also MARTAY MAKE SURE THE SERVER IS RUNNING PLEASE (sorry for the caps)

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

ruotwocone wrote:Also MARTAY MAKE SURE THE SERVER IS RUNNING PLEASE (sorry for the caps)
Has anyone got it running using the dns entry? I'm guessing it's on a dynamic ip so that's why he was trying to get it to work with the dns. Am I right Martbot, or can we just use the IP you posted earlier?
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

In honor of today's/tomorrow's classic infanticide comic, I'm going with a CLASSIC DOUBLE POST!

First, 40 f-bomb members! We're like golden gods or something.

Second, I made Marty an admin or whatever so he can post stuff from Zach (since the man himself is apparently too good for our group, even if he doesn't play the game ever).
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

You made me an admin!?! I don't know if I can handle that kind of pressure.

I'll have a magic 'Join' button on the front page in about an hour that you can click and it'll load the game up.

If my server can't handle the load, there are a ton of good servers out there, so maybe you should open a chat in case everybody needs to move to another.

I'll get back to you.

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

Ok, it's up. Can somebody go to the smbc front page and click the join button to make sure things pop up nicely?

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I just did so and it worked perfectly, I then went on to absolutely destroy my opposition in well, and took all 3 points personally, in record time too. Totally the MVP there. Also you have non-kosher maps? Nice, should be interesting.

I can't be at this event for too long, since I have friends coming over for some study, for exams in about 4 days, so I'll only be on for a little while. But I'll be there! It is in like an hour isn't it?

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

So, my server could handle Quake, but TF2 is a little much for more than about 4 players.

SO! What we need to do is come up with a list of about 4 or 5 servers out there that people get good lag on and are not constantly filled. That way we can choose one of them to hop on for these events.

We should each come up with a few servers and then we can post our lags and come up with a golden few.

ZeWolfman

Post by ZeWolfman »

Whilst it doesn't relate to getting an SMBC server going...

Has anyone else had problems after downloading TF2? For example, the game stops working whenever you are about to enter a level, message reading "hl2.exe has stopped working"?

Somebody better have... And have a solution for it too!

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

ZeWolfman wrote:Has anyone else had problems after downloading TF2? For example, the game stops working whenever you are about to enter a level, message reading "hl2.exe has stopped working"?

Somebody better have... And have a solution for it too!
hl2 is a different game? So, uhh? I don't really know what the problem is, are you sure you've downloaded and are playing the right game? Have you been able to play it yet? Also, are you using a widescreen monitor? I had some troubles with the graphic settings using a widescreen, and it would occasionally glitch up and freeze on the map-load screens, then I made my normal monitor my primary one (dual monitors ftw).

Other than that I'd suggest reinstalling steam, and checking you have all the tf2 files in your steamapps folder, you should have

team fortress 2 client content.gcf
team fortress 2 content.gcf
team fortress 2 materials.gcf
team fortress 2 meet the soldier.gcf
team fortress 2 trailer 2.gcf

The last two there are probably entirely unnecessary, but I have them in my folder, so they might be? The top three are definitely necessary for the game, still, I'd just reinstall steam and check over your files, try changing the graphics to low as well, if you've got them up on bango-matic, it could cause your computer trouble unless it's a fairly high end machine. The graphics do tend to chug a bit if it's not.