Team Fortress 2 SMBC server

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Success! I tried your delicious IP and there the server stood, in all it's glory, 0 players, which will probably be it's status from here on. Nothing personal, we just don't have enough players to make a server useful. It's still hella cool though. I wish more people would join the SMBC group though, so that we could actually have an SMBC game sometime in the future.

Still, SUCCESS.
Not a big fan of signatures.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

agreed on getting more peeps in... one problem is that it is by invitation only at this point and we can't figure out how to change it so people have to ask to be let in which may be deterring some of the more SMBC reader types as opposed to the forum types. But you forum types have no excuse. get yo ass in the group so we can set up an official event to have the killins

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Ah, I have just discovered how to make a group public.

You have to do it when you create the group, as I just went to make one so I could see if I could do it. It's just a little box you tick when you create the group name. So if you want to create another one and make it public that's might be the only way to do it.

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

Is there a way to prefix your in-game name with something like [smbc] ? That way we can search for SMBC people when choosing a server.

I meant for the SMBC server to be for testing. The nice thing is that it is listed with all the other steam servers. So, if about 4 or 5 people get on, it'll be in the top 1% and will encourage others to join.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

we can change our prefix to SMBC, but an easier way is just to join the group, or to "friend" the smbc peeps. Then just go to the Community tab in Steam and you can see if any of your friends or groupmates are in a game. If they are you can just click to join their game in progress and it takes you right in. pretty slick really.

As far as the server goes, once we get a few more than 3 people in the group we will start setting up events so that we can try to get a good game of SMBC-ers going (also having some numbers in-game would probably get some other people to join too)

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Simon. wrote:Ah, I have just discovered how to make a group public.

You have to do it when you create the group
There is an option to do it, it just never worked before. Steam would just sit there loading for 20 minutes and never take the change. I just tried it again today and it worked though. ALL HAIL THE PUBLIC SMBC GROUP!
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

How do you join the SMBC group?

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

marTAY wrote:How do you join the SMBC group?
Go here, and click the "Join Group" button next to the plus-sign in the upper-right.

Looks like we already have two new members. Lord Syren and Frostbite. Neither appear to be spam! This is clearly a victory for somebody.
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Man I'd really love to join, but I will cost me upwards of $1000 to join (for new compy which would run it, and, naturally, the game), which I simply don't have.
Send money.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

for all those waifs out there not joining the SMBC group, i'm gunna let you all know that we are now up to 6 memebers, so clearly all the cool kids are doin' it. Also it is now public so you can join it by going to http://steamcommunity.com/groups/smbc in steam or by searching for "SMBC". If we can get like a dozen or even 10 members we could start scheduling events of pure joy and/or hatred

Saral

Post by Saral »

Hello. I love the comic, and coincidentally I love Team Fortress 2. I'll see if I can't drop in for a bit.
▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A SELECT START

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

wow, ask and ye shall receive. the group now has a whopping 10 members so i scheduled an event.

TF2 funtimes on Friday at 7:00pm US West coast time (GMT -8 ). That means 10:00pm Friday East Coast, 3:00am Saturday in England and 12:00pm (noon) Saturday in Western Australia.

I'll probably be a few hours late to the event, but i promise to show up nonetheless (unless the rest of you jerks don't either).

Edit: that's 10pm east coast time... stupid simple addition
Last edited by ruotwocone on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Wow. There's like a million people now. I looked for anyone I recognized and only found one name.

Proof Chason has no friends. :(
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Which is strange considering when I went to his page earlier today, before I saw your post, he had "zach weiner" as a friend! Who's profile was private and I could not see. INTERESTING.

In other news
Saral wrote:Hello. I love the comic, and coincidentally I love Team Fortress 2. I'll see if I can't drop in for a bit.
Good man! I'm glad a lot more people have joined, maybe they'll join the forum too? Who knows.

Also I should definitely be able to make the event I think. Let's hope it's totally awesome and lots of other smbc-gooers show up.

Edit: 24 members! Looks like someone's popular!

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

YO,

Looks like the group is really taking off. I, unfortunately, don't have a good enough computer to be playing TF2 with you guys. I'll have to get reports second-hand through MarTAY.

I'm considering doing some sort of exclusive SMBC-ey club gift or somesuch for TF2 group members. Anything you guys would like?*

*Bonus points if it's easy and mindless.