Team Fortress 2 SMBC server

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

When you run TF2, you're actually running it on top of hl2.exe as a mod.

When it says hl2.exe has stopped working, it means TF2 has crashed on you. You might want to submit a bug report or support request, any maybe try updating your graphics drivers.

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

ZeWolfman

Post by ZeWolfman »

Tried a solution I'd seen posted a couple of times, turns out I'm not the only person with this problem. Yeah my monitor is widescreen, despite changing the settings I've not had any luck.

Thought I'd fixed it a minute ago, got past the usual "Crashing point" to get my first glimpse at a blackboard or something.. Then it crashed, it's teasing me.

Graphics drivers are up to date as far as I'm aware, not that they are overly impressive. I'll keep looking for a solution online.

And nice Group Avatar, I can only assume the robot is about to pwn the dogs...
Che-Kurt was not well received...

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

From marTAY:

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

I would also like to put forth as a second team motto:

Dulce et decorum est pro patria pwni.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

ZeWolfman wrote:And nice Group Avatar, I can only assume the robot is about to pwn the dogs...
No, he wants them to love each other.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

Ok, here's my "I kicked everybodies' bootay last night" story:

I was playing a 12 on 12 2mach match and it got down to sudden death. OH NO! My team and I blew away most of their forces. But about 5 engineers with 3 sentries and other forces set up a stronghold in the front room to force a stalemate. OH NO! Being a soldier, I rocket jumped to the second story outside and ran into the intelligence room. But the key is downstairs and I'll never make it past their stronghold. OH NO! But wait! What if I grab the intelligence and rocket jump back up. And so it came to past that everybody wondered aloud in their nerdy over-the-microphone voice, "how did he do it?" Well, my friends, that is how I did it.

And as we reigned blows down on the post-sudden-death losers, I sprayed the great SMBC seal upon the wall, and all fell silent (possibly out of awe or possibly because the level switched.. I can't be sure).

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

In other news, I'm considering upgrading my current hosting plan to allow me to run a TF2 server on it. This would have a unique IP address and would be in a major data center directly on an internet backbone (as opposed to my DSL connection, which clearly didn't hold). It would basically cost $15 a month, I think, and could support 24, maybe 32, players. It may cost more, but the only way to determine that is to have another SMBC TF2 event and see if I need to purchase more resources.

There are other options too. We can get $1/slot/month accounts, but if my wacky plan works, we could do much better than that, price-wise.

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

So, if Marty and I put together an SMBC TF home base, do you think you guys could get together a team of elite warriors so I could challenge other webcomics to battle?

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

wiztoast wrote:So, if Marty and I put together an SMBC TF home base, do you think you guys could get together a team of elite warriors so I could challenge other webcomics to battle?
Oh hells yeah! We will challenge the SHIT out of other webcomics. They'll be challenged so hard their SISTERS will get pregnant. I am the PacMan of TF. I eat bullets until it goes to the next level. I'll eat them so fast they'll start crying! Fuck that, I'm the Mrs. PacMan; I eat bullets faster than the original. And my enemies move in a less-predictable pattern.

PS, hells yeah.
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

seeing how i finally got the game, i'm sooooooooooooooooo in...*

*if i'm 1337 enough for you guys...

Edit: i'm not.

Post 200!
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

wiztoast wrote:So, if Marty and I put together an SMBC TF home base, do you think you guys could get together a team of elite warriors so I could challenge other webcomics to battle?
i'm totally up for it. and unlike twobuy i'm kinda pretty good at the game. I think we could probably kick the crap out of most other webcomics... except probably some of the gamer ones... and probably some of the more popular comics. But those assholes at Captain Excelsior and I Hate Funny are going down!*

*also i think we could probably take Synchronism

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

ruotwocone wrote:also i think we could probably take Synchronism
Well since it's been down for months, I would say that is a safe bet. I'll send Reva an IM and let her know IT'S ON!
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

Saral

Post by Saral »

ruotwocone wrote:I think we could probably kick the crap out of most other webcomics... except probably some of the gamer ones... and probably some of the more popular comics. But those assholes at Captain Excelsior and I Hate Funny are going down!*

*also i think we could probably take Synchronism
Phffft. Start small, go big. With enough practice, you can take anyone. It won't be that hard. If going to a different server every night has taught me one thing, it's that 80% of the playerbase of the game sucks.
▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A SELECT START

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I'm all up for it, as long as it doesn't happen in the next 4 days which it won't. IYAMSHAPED. Who doesn't go over 7GB of downloads in a month with 3 people on the connection? Damnit, Australia needs proper internet! But as for the game, HELLS YEAH. I played with some of the other SMBC peeps at our hugely successful event the other day, and they seemed like pretty cool guys, many friended me, despite not needing to as I am on their group list. How am I to decline though? By clicking decline? NOT LIKELY FASCIST. I suppose they were pretty good at TF2 as well? It's hard to tell with 2 people to a team, large games are needed for more funs.
Not a big fan of signatures.