Official SMBC TF2 map released

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

marTAY

Official SMBC TF2 map released

Post by marTAY »

Saturday Morning Breakfast Castle (cp_smbcastle) has been released!

Official page: http://www.smbc-comics.com/smbcastle

Please vote/approve it at: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/42829

Description:
Single round dustbowl style CP with 3 CP's set in a castle movie set in 1940's hollywood. At the beginning, the offense has 2 paths into the castle. The first is some unrestored damage to the castle on the left side (if you're facing the castle). The second way in by way of catapult. 2 are positioned to launch the
players deep into the castle (some classes can get to the top of the turrets).

Screenshots:
About to catapult....

CATAPULTING!

Backstage:

ATTTTAAAACK

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Wow. What a sweet idea for a map. I'll have to give it a try when I have time in four months...
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

looks freakin' sweet. can't wait to give it a try during lunch today

Havock

Post by Havock »

nice idea for a map :D. btw what is the smbc server ip? i need to add it to my favorites in steam.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

I just got done playing the map and thought it was really sweet. My thoughts are thus (Left/Right side of the map is based on if you were facing the castle from the Red base):

- Catapults are freakin' sweet. I like that a scout can go straight to the top of the cap tower from one. Might make a cap too easy, but defending should be hard work. Also catapulting into the trees was fun. Not sure how effective any sniper would be from there as they are so exposed, but it was fun to try to land on them anyways.

- I didn't play with anyone else, but the first capture point seems like it would be extremely hard to capture if anyone on the defending team was a soldier/demo as any rocket in the area would do a ton of damage with the capture cave so tightly enclosed and it can be hit from a variety of hiding spots... but of course i have no idea unless i played with other peeps

- The brick all makes the metal clang noise when you hit it instead of the brick clunk noise.

- Just before the water on the left side of the map, you can see through a hole in the cliffs where two seems don't line up.

This level rocks. The catapults are their own game even with nobody else there. Fine work MarTay

[smbc] thesonofmorgoth

Post by [smbc] thesonofmorgoth »

The map rocks enough said. I actually like it more than some of the built in maps for the sole class that every class can be used in that map well. Snipers for one in other maps they arent as good but in this one they have good use. Every stage of the map appeals to a different class.

if only people would start playing on the smbc server!

and also add me to ur friends in steam im [smbc] thesonofmorgoth

at least then i can invite u

marTAY

Post by marTAY »

bawesome! You'll have to show me that bad seam at some point. I may release an smbcastle3 at some point, mainly to address the difficult to cap III point.

The smbc server is:
69.12.100.220:27015

It's name starts with smbc-comics.com when you go to find servers. So, if you've forgotten the ip or haven't favorited it, just sort by name and look for 'smbc'.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Thank you for the ip. I will try it when i get the game. You all better be good. I have been playing team fortress for 9 years now.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."