The Brotherhood of Wanton Destruction

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

What should I make the focus of this thread be?

Melee advanced techniques
No votes
Brawl drooling and speculation
50%
Smash and Nintendo's history
50%
Q&A with your friendly neighborhood smash fanatic
No votes

Total votes: 2

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

HARDKORE wrote:Image

Diddy and the king to replace roy and marth. That dont sound good. I liked the fire sword attack of roy.
Um...Marth is in brawl. Roy is not, however.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Raptor_Jesus

Post by Raptor_Jesus »

mountainmage wrote: Whoever the fuck says "Do a barrel roll" needs to be in there (with that as his taunt). That would be the biggest nod to the internet community since Alex Trebek asked a leroy jenkins question on jeopardy.
Peppy Hare.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I only played the first one (and only a couple of times at a friends house). It was pretty fun, but not super. I haven't played any of the others (largely because I haven't owned a nintendo since the 64).
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Brother Dysk

Post by Brother Dysk »

The 64 one was excellent. The Gamecube one had a totally wrong feel, as far as I'm concerned. Didn't like it.
Fuck 'em.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'll tell you what I miss. The secret level on Rush San Francisco.
Not exactly Smash Bros., but thinking about playing this on N64 reminded me of Rush.
I haven't played it in years. So much fun and so many hours spent playing that with friends.
And then they took that idea, and applied it to Rush San Francisco: 2049, and absolutely screwed it up, making it too gimicky.

For those of you who don't know, there was an unlockable bonus level where it was a simple grey room with all kinds of different jumps all through it (from huge ramps to little bumps and everything in between) which were lit up in bright colours. Basically you went over them and tried to do flips, spins, spirals, and just get good distance. The more tricks, the better the score.
That is, if you landed it. And if you rolled a few times and then landed it, you'd get your score multiplied. Oh, and it wasn't turn-based. It was just free-for-all for a given time, and you just try to rack up as much as you can. If you didn't land, you exploded, and it would just respawn you, for continued play. It was probably one of my favourite console video games of all time. So much fun was had.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I'll tell you what I miss. The secret level on Rush San Francisco.
Not exactly Smash Bros., but thinking about playing this on N64 reminded me of Rush.
I haven't played it in years. So much fun and so many hours spent playing that with friends.
And then they took that idea, and applied it to Rush San Francisco: 2049, and absolutely screwed it up, making it too gimicky.

For those of you who don't know, there was an unlockable bonus level where it was a simple grey room with all kinds of different jumps all through it (from huge ramps to little bumps and everything in between) which were lit up in bright colours. Basically you went over them and tried to do flips, spins, spirals, and just get good distance. The more tricks, the better the score.
That is, if you landed it. And if you rolled a few times and then landed it, you'd get your score multiplied. Oh, and it wasn't turn-based. It was just free-for-all for a given time, and you just try to rack up as much as you can. If you didn't land, you exploded, and it would just respawn you, for continued play. It was probably one of my favourite console video games of all time. So much fun was had.
I have Rush 2049 for the 64. Such a great game. That secret level was fun as hell.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

mountainmage wrote: I have Rush 2049 for the 64. Such a great game. That secret level was fun as hell.
I didn't care for it. Give me the simplicity of the original Rush: San Francisco's secret track any day.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Final smash compilation video. Man oh man do I want this game.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Hanibalicious

Post by Hanibalicious »

Simon. wrote:Final smash compilation video. Man oh man do I want this game.
It appears luigi has harnessed the ineffable power of dance

Raptor_Jesus

Post by Raptor_Jesus »

Hanibalicious wrote: It appears luigi has harnessed the ineffable power of dance
To be Fair, Luigi does a lot of 'shrooms.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I really have to disagree, that's not even that well done. A while ago some guys on the Something awful forums (I think) did NES covers of some popular songs and game music. I can't seem to find them now, but I do have them on my computer, I could email them to someone if they wanted, the zip file is 67.8 mb, so it'd have to be separate songs. The song list is as follows.

REM- Losing my religion
Europe - Final Countdown
Gueen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Lynyrd Synyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Led Zepplin - Kashmir
Rick James - Super Freak
Semisonic - Closing Time
Hidden NESmix Intro
Zero wing (Opening Theme)
Tetris (Music A)

They're all pretty fucking fantastic, I think, and better than that little redo. But yep, NES covers are awesome.
Not a big fan of signatures.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

if you're looking for video game midi awesomeness... this site can't be beat

Hanibalicious

Post by Hanibalicious »

Simon. wrote:
I really have to disagree, that's not even that well done.
I don't think that's the point. It's not a well done arrangement so much as it is a barrage of nostalgic jabs to the pleasure centre of my brain. As a song, it's meandering, and piecemeal, but as a quick trip into the latchkey generation, it's fantastic.