44%
no
56%

Total votes: 9

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Are zombie movies being over done

Post by HARDKORE »

They are alot of them in the market now. Almost every forth movie that comes out (well at least in my area) is a zombie movie.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Oh hell no, Hollywood just invented fast-moving zombies. The zombie-movie franchise is safe for another ten years, along with any requirement for screenwriting creativity.

And who knows? Maybe ten years down the track they'll come up with intelligent zombies and keep it going for another decade.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Like the zombies from Resident evil 3. The ones with the enhanced virus.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

HARDKORE wrote:Like the zombies from Resident evil 3. The ones with the enhanced virus.
ok... seriously!? we bring up fast zombies and you go for Resident Evil 3 over Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later? You've got to be from Arkansas or Louisiana or something cuz dang.

resident evil 3... <grumble> seriously!?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I read that Robert Rodriguez actually anticipated this influx back before it got going. Which is when he came up with the idea for Planet Terror. It just took him another couple of years to hammer it out and release it with Tarantino, at which point many people were saying "Another zombie movie?"

Shaun of the Dead was awesome. Definitely the best zombie movie I've ever seen.

I really liked Resident Evil 3 too. Screw you. I did. The first was mediocre. The second was terrible. But I really, really enjoyed the 3rd. Great action, good plot, and I can't really ask for more.

I haven't seen 28 Days Later, but I definitely want to.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Shaun of the Dead was awesome. Definitely the best zombie movie I've ever seen.
My god, yes. Best zombie movie ever. Especially when he's playing PS2 with him later. Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are geniuses (see: hot fuzz)
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

Indeed, can't wait for the thrid film in their Blood and Ice Cream trilogy (I think it is mint, so maybe an army film?)
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

ScienceGal

Post by ScienceGal »

Shaun of the Dead is absolutely the best zombie movie. My favorite scence is when Shaun slips on the blood in the convenience store and seems completely oblivious to all of the obvious zombie signs around him.

Does anyone know when Run, Fatboy, Run is coming out?

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Dude, how can you not think of Resident evil 3 as having fast zombies. They can even climb. I would say that zombies as we know it are evolving.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

it's not about RE3 having fast zombies... it does. the issue is that you could have chosen a plethora of fast zombie movies and the one you decided to mention was RE3. That's like somebody mentioning that a lot of comic book movies have come out recently and you say, "yeah, i liked Elektra"

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I understand now ruotwocone I have never seen a real comic book. I have not seen the movie. I do have the ultimate alliance video game.

Raptor_Jesus

Post by Raptor_Jesus »

Zombie movies need to see a revival, if you ask me. I mean, sure, you can go see those crappy Resident Evil movies that are vastly inferior to the games, and you can see all the campy B-movie looking Zombie flicks, but that's just it. Zombie movies are campy, they're played out, and personally I'm tired of them. If they made one with good production values, a semi-believable story, and GOOD ACTING, it could bring back the Zombie niche.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

It's true, most of the new ones are either unimaginitive or remakes (Shaun of the Dead being the exception). Someone doing something from scratch could really help out.

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

HARDKORE wrote:I understand now ruotwocone I have never seen a real comic book. I have not seen the movie. I do have the ultimate alliance video game.
Do not tell me you base any part of what you call comic book fact on that game? That game was fun, yes. And it did have several accurate things and revived the careers of several super beings. (thank god for it too. I love Deadpool and I am glad, for one, that he now has new stuff)

But a lot of the "facts" one learns about super heroes are horribly, horribly, wrong.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Over-saturation...of zombie movies? You are crazy, leave me!