Lost Odyssey

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Lost Odyssey

Post by HARDKORE »

Will you all tell me what you think of this game. Its for 360. I would like to hear what you all think. Its better to hear from people you know instead of internet boards of people who hate everything.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I hate it.

In fact, I hate everything.

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

Well, I've heard some things... >_>
<_<

but anyway...
the commercial rocks. I just don't know if it's the Janice Joplin version or the Mommas and the Poppas...
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Never even heard of it.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lottel wrote:the commercial rocks. I just don't know if it's the Janice Joplin version or the Mommas and the Poppas...
...um it's "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane in the commercial. But yes, that commercial is bad ass.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:
Lottel wrote:the commercial rocks. I just don't know if it's the Janice Joplin version or the Mommas and the Poppas...
...um it's "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane in the commercial. But yes, that commercial is bad ass.
A fantastic song. Check out this performance. She creeps me right out, its awesome.
Just doesn't seem to really fit the commercial, in my opinion.
Also, is this an RPG? It sure looks as much. In which case, if those battles that they showed, if they are anything like what the normal gameplay would be like, it could be pretty pimp. But I'm not an RPG guy, so I will still probably never play it.

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

gah. Jefferson Airplane. Don't know how I got them mixed up with Mommas and the Papas. Still, is it the JA version? I have a hard time telling the two versions apart.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

SWEET! And MS is publishing it which means I can pick it up for $10!! Huzzah! Now I just need a 360...
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Lottel wrote:gah. Jefferson Airplane. Don't know how I got them mixed up with Mommas and the Papas. Still, is it the JA version? I have a hard time telling the two versions apart.
I'm pretty sure it is Jefferson Airplane.
But I've never heard the Mamas and Papas version.
For that matter, upon searching, I can't find any proof that such a cover exists.
I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, as I love listening to some good covers.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, as I love listening to some good covers.
i also love me some good covers

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
Lottel wrote:gah. Jefferson Airplane. Don't know how I got them mixed up with Mommas and the Papas. Still, is it the JA version? I have a hard time telling the two versions apart.
I'm pretty sure it is Jefferson Airplane.
But I've never heard the Mamas and Papas version.
For that matter, upon searching, I can't find any proof that such a cover exists.
I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, as I love listening to some good covers.
Uhm sir? Do you mind re-reading what Lottel said? He wondered if it was a Janis Joplin version or a Mommas and the Papas version before he was corrected to Jefferson Airplane. The question, once it is corrected is "Is it the Janis Joplin version or the Jefferson Airplane version?"

A bunch of internet sites give lyrics to a version sung by Janis Joplin wich makes it a probable occurance.

But most voices i've heard state that the version in that commercial is by Jefferson Airplane.

kthxbai!
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

You are correct. I misunderstood. However...
He wondered if it was a Janis Joplin version or a Mommas and the Papas version before he was corrected to Jefferson Airplane.
Reread that for a second and tell me that it isn't confusing (both in your sentence and in the other posts). He was corrected that it was Jefferson Airplane, and then said that he gets JA and Mamas and Papas mixed up. Then he asked which version was in the ad. When he said he got them mixed up, I read it as the cover that Mamas and Papas does and the original by Jefferson Airplane. Rereading it, it does make somewhat more sense your way.

Regardless, though, I didn't come across Janis Joplin in my search, either.
And I used the quite reputable All Music Guide(the IMDb for music). I searched for simply "White Rabbit" in song titles and the only artists of note were Jefferson Airplane*, George Benson and The Damned (and the latter two I've never even heard of).
There could be a live bootleg version out there, but if it isn't on AMG it is probably not a legit release.

*Well, and I guess Jefferson Starship is somewhat of note, but I didn't count them.
Last edited by Lethal Interjection on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I didn't come across Janis Joplin in my search, either.
Yeah, I looked around too and think most of the people with lyrics pages who list Joplin are just incorrectly labeling (it's not too much of a stretch to get confused between the two, honestly).
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

TwoBuy wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:I didn't come across Janis Joplin in my search, either.
Yeah, I looked around too and think most of the people with lyrics pages who list Joplin are just incorrectly labeling (it's not too much of a stretch to get confused between the two, honestly).
Thats what I figured. And no, it isn't too much of a stretch.
In fact, just yesterday I had a discussion about how easy it is to mistake one band for another when there is a female singer.
However, that might just be because there aren't many of them.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

So... Everything is well that ends well.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird