Freecell

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Freecell

Post by ruotwocone »

So I play freecell pretty regularly. Most people i know seem to have a system for clearing the statistics part of it to keep it interesting (my dad for example clears it after every loss). My version is to clear it after 100 games. Usually i consider it a success if i can get 92 or more wins, which is probably most of the time... maybe 60-70% for me. My goal, however is to complete all 100 games without a loss. The closest i had ever come before now was 96 wins.
And all i have to say is: ONE $@$#%$#%ing GAME!! @%$#!

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

working hard I see.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I haven't been enslaved to the Freecell in some time. But I would usually go a rather long time (100 or more) before clearing. Usually it would be if I had a rough go lately (with a poor percentage in the last few games).
I would say I win at least 95% of the time.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I would say I win at least 95% of the time.
I would say I hate you at least 95% of the time. It's the same thing probably.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Proof that "one more game" never really means one more game.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I never got into freecell, my girlfriend plays it constantly though, on my computer, when I stand up to go to the toilet*. It looks like a cheating/retarded way to play solitaire. I think I tried playing it once, like solitaire and just had no idea wtf was going on. So I gave up on it because it was shit. If you can win a game 95% of the time, and it seems that most people can win freecell pretty easily, I don't think I saw my my girlfriend lose more than once or twice out of a lot, then where's the excitement, find a more challenging puzzle game out there. Get a DS and Brain Training or something.

*I guess that's where I need to change my ways.
Not a big fan of signatures.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

The screenshot I posted is in fact from Solitaire. I never really cared for Freecell either.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

TwoBuy wrote:I would say I hate you at least 95% of the time. It's the same thing probably.
So, the glass is half-full then?
Simon. wrote:If you can win a game 95% of the time, and it seems that most people can win freecell pretty easily, I don't think I saw my my girlfriend lose more than once or twice out of a lot, then where's the excitement, find a more challenging puzzle game out there. Get a DS and Brain Training or something.

*I guess that's where I need to change my ways.
Thats why I don't really play it any more. Some are challenging, but generally it just bored me.*
Its the same reason I fell out of Sudoku, for the most part. With Sudoku, I like them to be challenging (3 star at least), but I don't want to have to rely on a guess. If it isn't logical, it isn't for me. Plus, I don't like back-tracking if a guess is wrong. So when it comes down to a guess (it is possible I just missed a logical step, but there is only so much time I am willing to spend), I usually just scrap the puzzle part way through.
Miniclip has an online Sudoku that is awesome. It is the best online version I've seen, and it has "fastest time" stats and "average time" stats (for each of the easy, med, and hard that were updated each day). So that added an element that made it more interesting.
But I digress.

* And then there were the ones that were just impossible. I don't know if I just missed something on these ones, but I just didn't see any solution. When I came across these I definitely tended to clear scores. The game shouldn't have that. **
** So, I've realized that I hate logic/problem solving games that have no logical solutions. Which makes sense, I guess, but I didn't realize how much they bothered me until now, when comparing two games.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

i read an article a while ago about how there is only 1 game in the XP version of freecell that is unsolvable. it is possible that you've landed on it once or maybe twice, but probably not more than that. too lazy to try to confirm this though so i could be wrong

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

I have a picture on my old box of me winning hearts by shooting the moon 4 times in a row. Anybody else have that Pyrrhic victory?

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

wiztoast wrote:I have a picture on my old box of me winning hearts by shooting the moon 4 times in a row. Anybody else have that Pyrrhic victory?
indeed i have also accomplished this (although only once... stupid no passing hand). no proof of it for me though. guess you'll have to take me at my word*

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I have not. In fact, I doubt I've done it more than twice in a row.

Husper

Post by Husper »

A friend of mine managed to clear a beginner game of minesweeper in 4 seconds. Tried for hours to beat it and couldnt. I hate minesweeper now.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

4 seconds is strictly luck. It has to be a really easy beginner one, and your mouse cursor needs to be in the right place.
Trust me, I know.

Those are my current times. I think they are all pretty good. I haven't played in about a year. But when I do play, I'll get all OCD and have to beat my previous record. I don't think it is possible to beat 4 seconds though.

Edit: Man, I can't even fathom the 21 second intermediate. I just went to play and I wasn't even halfway through. I know I'm out of practice, but still. Must've also been a lucky one.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

those are all pretty close to the world record times. yikes. my best minesweeper expert is a paltry 135 seconds. crazy. you must not even really flag at all to get that.