Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Into the Wild

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Bought this on Tuesday.
Fantastic direction and cinematography.
The music was awesome too.
That said, I hated the main character. I've been stewing over this for a few days. There are just a bunch of things that make the kid a real ass, in my opinion. Despite the fact that it is his story, and they are trying to glorify his message.
Anyone else seen this? I won't go into it further if people haven't.
And there may be spoilers from this point on in the thread.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Well, it was good that he gave that money to stop poverty in third world countries. It had a good cast. Most top athletes would probably spit on you but at least this one gave his money. I checked out the book and not seen the movie yet.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Into the Wild

Post by mountainmage »

This movie is hunky-dory!
Last edited by mountainmage on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Gasp! A troll! This is not acceptable.

Seriously though, yeah, the main character is a total idiot. What he did is like committing suicide. A noble cause, to swear off the material world of the devil. But enlightening yourself to death isn't good. Instead of spreading the truth to a dissillusioned world, he was just some dumbass college student who ran off and died. Fortunately, companies were able to buy the rights to his story and rake in profits.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

And yet, the entire story would have been different had he owned a compass and an up-to-date map of the area. If he owned those items, he could have gotten to the tram that crosses the river about a quarter-mile from his camp, and gotten back to civilisation in one piece. Malnourished yes, but in one piece.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

His arrogance was his downfall.
The fact that he didn't believe he needed anyone and they would just hinder him.
Spefically, he went on the trip to learn more about the world and such, but then wouldn't listen to any of the people who passed through his life, instead opting to preach his views at them. Learn, my ass.
And I don't think a compass and an updated map would've helped him that much. What he really needed was to have acquired more knowledge of the area. Gotten more familiar with the wild edibles, and he would've known that the river would've been impassable at such a time of year.
Actually, he only needed to hold out a few more days, if I recall, with the hunting party showing up. Really, just not being an idiot wouldn't helped.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

It was about two weeks afterwards when the hunting party arrived. The tram itself is there for when the river overflows, it's one of those "safety" things people are always bandying on about. As for how suicidal it was in the first place, who knows for certain that this was not his goal?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:As for how suicidal it was in the first place, who knows for certain that this was not his goal?
I don't think it was entirely suicidal. At least not blatantly or intentionally. However I think his whole journey was existential enough for him to accept the fact that it might end like that.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Please note that since a post was deleted, MM looks like he's giving attitude to Hardkore about a year after his last post in this thread.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Please note that since I edited my post, Cheez is wrong! :o
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Jew!
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Hey I run your family's bank account, and do their taxes. I could RUIN you.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

That's why my policy towards spam posts is to neuter the links, leaving the posts there in order to not change the meaning of the thread.

Also, Mage totally aimed that comment at our beloved HARDKORE the entire time. You just never saw how it was originally written. Shame on you, mountainmage! You may be able to edit posts, but everyone can see through your lies. Luckily, I keep a copy of everyone's posts for this very reason.
mountainmage wrote:Someone ban this idiot! Seriously, what does he bring to the table? Backwards Kentucky values, that's what! We should ban him, totally. Vote Edminster!

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Aha, I too have a quote from you, Edminster.
Edminster wrote:Dur i em stoopid. dat dere mountainmage feller is mytee smurt. heed make a gud mawd!
Clearly my opponent endorses me for mod.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

mountainmage wrote:Aha, I too have a quote from you, Edminster.
Edminster wrote:Dur i em stoopid. dat dere mountainmage feller is mytee smurt. heed make a gud mawd!
Clearly my opponent endorses me for mod.
Not once have I denied my n00b beginnings, Mage. This is where you have erred.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I did in fact write the above quote that my opponent has chosen to reveal. However, he is using it out of context. As the more intelligent of you may know, a while back on the forums we were discussing the relative merits of jobs with the MAWD Pathology Group. During the discussion, I brought up Mage's name attached to an endorsement.

Unfortunately, my inability to communicate in an elegant and erudite manner left people cold, and mountainmage was relegated to an even lower social position than he had previously become accustomed. Sadly, this seems to have left him with a deep-seated hatred of me which will never be reconciled. I can only hope that the following campaign promise can help heal the wound.

I promise that when I am elected, mountainmage will take his rightful place as the Lead Pathologist with the prestigious group I mentioned earlier.

gödel stop spreading fud