10 favourite PC games?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

wolf wrote:Also I think Americans think we talk like Newfies. I've never said "aboot" or "hoser"
the aboot and hoser stuff comes largely from Americans spending too much time watching Canadian Bacon and Strange Brew (as we should because those movies rock).

Although Canucks do pronounce about pretty strangely (kind of as aboat like i saw a boat rather than abowt as in ow that hurt). I always chuckle in my head a bit when watching Hockey Night in Canadia (so far the only thing i've found worth while on CBC Vancouver).

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I do understand that I probably say it more than I thnk I do, I just feel like the media portrayal is a major exaggeration.
Also, I am not surprised about your Edmonton experience. They have a similar accent and diction to the more northern Ontarians.
As for the about thing, I think I would be somewhere between Aboat and Abowt. I don't pronounce it as "ow" or as "oa" as ow or boat, but somewheres in between.
And I have never said hoser outside of jest.
Hockey Night In Canadia is probably the only thing worth watching on CBC. Other than maybe Arrested Development reruns. Oh, and The Hour. The Hour is awesome. And about 5 years ago Made In Canadia, which is probably the best sitcom (or any non-news/documentary program, or possibly even including that) from this side of the border.
I was going to do quotes in this post so you could see what I was responding to, but that would've been too much.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

mountainmage wrote:You still haven't taught a lesson in Canadian slang! I expect an Australian one as well.
Australian slang is pretty easy to master I think.
1.Think of an ordinary sentence, ie: That's a nice car, when did you start driving?
2. Add 'fucking' in front of descriptive adjectives (if more than one in a row, place before the last adjective).
That'a fucking nice car, when did you start driving?
3. Also add it between any instances of a possesive adjective followed by a noun.
That's a fucking nice car, when did you fucking start driving?
4. Also add before any verbs.
[/i]That's a fucking nice car, when did you fucking start fucking driving?[/i]
5. Add 'the fuck' after any iterrogative adjectives.
That's a fucking nice car, when the fuck did you fucking start fucking driving?
6. Add more uses of the f-word to taste
7. Begin and end with the classic, 'Mate' (for blokes mainly)
Maaate, that's a fucking nice car, when the fuck did you fucking start fucking driving, mate?

And hey, presto! You'd pass as a true blue, fair dinkum Aussie.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

mountainmage wrote:I guess that's a yes.

http://depositfiles.com/files/4661817
This is the rom download link. In case you missed it in the slew of Canadia talk.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

mountainmage wrote:
mountainmage wrote:I guess that's a yes.

http://depositfiles.com/files/4661817
This is the rom download link. In case you missed it in the slew of Canadia talk.
I saw it and thank you even has the emulators. Kick ass. Me love you long time. Well not really unless you are a busty female... Are you a busty female? If so please don't tell my lady friend
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

wolf wrote:I saw it and thank you even has the emulators. Kick ass. Me love you long time. Well not really unless you are a busty female... Are you a busty female? If so please don't tell my lady friend
yes, busty females are awesome

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

wolf wrote:I saw it and thank you even has the emulators. Kick ass. Me love you long time. Well not really unless you are a busty female... Are you a busty female? If so please don't tell my lady friend
For all you know, I could be a black transvestite. Also, you're welcome. :D
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away