360 go bye bye

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

360 go bye bye

Post by HARDKORE »

was playing my 360 last week and all of a sudden, it froze. I turn it off and turn it back on when all of a sudden it stops loading and starts blinking. ¾ of the circle was blinking red. I called Microsoft and they tell me I have a complete internal hardware failure. Had to ship it to them and they said if they can fix it they will send a new one.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

yeah, that's pretty normal. I know lots of people with this problem. It sucks, but it's a reality.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

we should probably just kill everyone who works at MS. that would solve a lot of my problems. like having friends.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I've heard so many stories of people with xbox 360s that went ka-flooey. You'd think there'd be better product testing before they were released.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

mountainmage wrote:I've heard so many stories of people with xbox 360s that went ka-flooey. You'd think there'd be better product testing before they were released.
So from what I've heard anecdotally is that there was some problem with the manufacturer trying to cut corners or something and we use a new manufacturer now. But that's just my internal hear-say. Not sure if there's any truth to it.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

TwoBuy wrote:So from what I've heard anecdotally is that there was some problem with the manufacturer trying to cut corners or something and we use a new manufacturer now. But that's just my internal hear-say. Not sure if there's any truth to it.
I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully Microsoft picked a better one this time around. It's not fair to the customer, obviously, if their xbox is defective.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

The "red ring of death" is the reason I refuse to buy a 360 (that and my lack of money. apparently going to a store and asking please doesn't get you a free one) Anyhoo, I'm going to wait until they fix the problems and people tell me its safe to buy one
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Ha ha, red ringed.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Hey, at least they are being good about it.
Sure it cost you the shipping, but you might just get a brand new machine out of it.
I can't think of many other warranties that are that kind.

Husper

Post by Husper »

Consoles suck, mouse and keyboard is so much easier and precise when playing games. Though I did used to play perfect dark and goldeneye on the n64 fairly well, and tried it recently after a 7 year gap or so and could barely manage to negotiate walking round a corner. So it might be what you are used to... Nah, consoles suck. Except for mariokart.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Husper wrote:Consoles suck, mouse and keyboard is so much easier and precise when playing games. Though I did used to play perfect dark and goldeneye on the n64 fairly well, and tried it recently after a 7 year gap or so and could barely manage to negotiate walking round a corner. So it might be what you are used to... Nah, consoles suck. Except for mariokart.
i think what you're trying to say is that consoles suck for FPS games. Which is correct. You are forgetting about all the game types that consoles rock for - platformers, sports games, racing games, party games, etc.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Actully they sent me the box to ship it back in and it had the new shiping label in it so i didnt have to pay the cost of shiping. I wnt to wal mart and the guy who works there in electronics says he had to send his bac 2 times because of the red lights.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

HARDKORE wrote: he had to send his back 2 times because of the red lights.
I've heard similar stories. Anywhere from 1-4 times, by my friends' accounts.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Wow, it sounds like Microsoft is eating quite the cost for low-bidding.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Consoles also suck for RTS games.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.