Steam ID

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Re: Steam ID

Post by HARDKORE »

Good luck with getting these people to talk to you. I have messaged them several times and still noting in return.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

ruotwocone wrote:add your damn self it's an open group! Also, it is a TF2 group you monkey so you gotta TF2 it at least a little
Damnit! ALL of that takes effort...AND money...

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

HARDKORE wrote:Good luck with getting these people to talk to you. I have messaged them several times and still noting in return.
you have messaged whom several times? are you referring to my steam account? I haven't even logged on to steam in a couple months so that could be a problem.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

I log onto steam all the damn time! Noone messages me! I am on steam RIGHT NOW.
Not a big fan of signatures.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Why not join the Breakfast Cereal Players, H-kore?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Becuase i dont know anyone in it.

I have messaged a few of those people in it. No one ever answers.

There is even a few of them who would not add me as there buddy.

Got to love the custom tf. Best mod ever for the best game ever.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Just join the gorram thing, you're entitled to. It's an open group and besides, you're a member of the Forum. Just because nobody has made any introductions is truly a pansy reason to not join.

So what if nobody answers your messages? If you want to talk, that's what this Forum is for.

What does it matter if somebody wouldn't add you as a buddy? Nobody gives a shit about how many people are your 'buddies' on-line. And this extends to all of those social-networking sites that are bastardising the usage of the word 'Friend' when they really mean 'Acquaintance'. Tell me true: How many of your several-hundred 'Friends' on MySpace or Facebook or Friendster or what have you would provide an alibi for you? Or move a body? Or take a bullet for you? The number you answered with is the number of friends you have. And if you answered with a number higher than the number of fingers you own, you are most definitely wrong.

In short, join the group and quit complaining.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Edminster wrote:Tell me true: How many of your several-hundred 'Friends' on MySpace or Facebook or Friendster or what have you would provide an alibi for you? Or move a body? Or take a bullet for you? The number you answered with is the number of friends you have. And if you answered with a number higher than the number of fingers you own, you are most definitely wrong.
I don't think any of my friends would take a bullet for me, or any of those other things. But I think that applies to practically everyone's friends.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Not even an alibi? No offense is intended, but those are some piss-poor friends you have. I've got two people who not only would provide an alibi, but have in the past; I can't imagine life without at least one person like that. It must be very cold and lonely.

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'm doin' quite fine. Then again I've never needed to HAVE an alibi...so who knows?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Edminster wrote: How many of your several-hundred 'Friends' on MySpace or Facebook or Friendster or what have you would provide an alibi for you? Or move a body? Or take a bullet for you? The number you answered with is the number of friends you have. And if you answered with a number higher than the number of fingers you own, you are most definitely wrong.
Word of advice: Avoid informing your potential friends that you intend for them to take a bullet for you, it might reduce your chances of recruiting.

I'd include having the ability to cheer you up, or you know, be friendly when you really need something like that. I have my few close friends, but I've found myself in a new environment and having to get closer to people who were merely acquaintances before, so keeping a large circle of casual 'friends' (not sure how to define this in a way that satisfies Ed) becomes important to avoid being utterly alone.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:Not even an alibi? No offense is intended, but those are some piss-poor friends you have. I've got two people who not only would provide an alibi, but have in the past; I can't imagine life without at least one person like that. It must be very cold and lonely.
Alibi for what? I have several friends who would, depending on the severity of what I'm trying to cover up. Take a bullet? Outside of my family, a few might, but that is a very big maybe. Hide a body? Probably depends on the circumstances, and how well I was able to convince them it absolutely needed hiding.

I have a friend who has a very narrow view of "friend"ship (and yes, he would call me a friend). He doesn't throw the word around, like so many do, and I respect that to a degree. His "friend" stipulations ultimately require conversations where you actually get to know the other person, rather than smalltalk or whathaveyou. Relatively "intimate" details, and regular honest discussions. I like it, but it does have a few problems. Firstly, as a word, "friend" is so much easier than the dozens of stipulations or similar words you might use (acquaintance and so forth). Secondly, and more importantly, I'm a bit too wry and sarcastic, and perhaps too "unemotional" to be that way with many people. For example, my former roomate and I. We get along famously, have ridiculous amounts of fun, and almost never annoy eachother. We do have the deeper conversations on occasion, but they are seldom enough that I'm not 100% sure we would fit my other friend's tight definition of the word. But I'm in his wedding party, and he will very likely be in mine (isn't on the horizon at all, so it is hard to say).
Granted, my friend doesn't apply his stipulations to Facebook. On Facebook you pretty much have to bend to other people's views of the word "friend", or else you come off as a jackass because you refuse to add people. Personally, I have some work acquaintances that I would prefer to not have on there, some old gradeschool and highschool friends who I haven't talked to in a long, long time (some for over a decade), and even some cousins whose addition was essentially useless (at least one of which I haven't seen in nearly a decade).
I think I'm done on that topic. Tyrade #2 complete.

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

This thread...

SteamID: maelstrom2605

Mainly playing Left4Dead. Got the Orange Box when it was $9.99US and have installed and tried HL2, Ep1 and EP2. All crash on me and its tres gash. However TF2 works without crashing for the hour or so I played it. Clearly am a nubbins but will jump on an event if its not a silly time for me and midweek.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

I play teh L4D as well occasionally and when school let's out I'll be on more frequently, if for teh chattins if not for teh playins.

Steam ID: ParodoxPenguin

Yes, I know I spelled paradox wrong, but I was like, thirteen and had no idea until much later.
Last edited by FengharTheNord on Fri May 15, 2009 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow