Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Post by HARDKORE »

This is the port for the 360. I have herd good things about the graphics but nothing on game play. I have not played any of the other games in the series so any info would help. I know its turn based stragity from what i read online but that dont help much.

Rayler

Re: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Post by Rayler »

I've only played the DS version but its as addicting as crack and very very good.

Basically, you pick your own civilisation from the choices, each one with different advantages at different ages. You start off with one city and one warrior, which you explore the map with. After a few turns you get another warrior or other unit which you select, and the game starts to take off. You can make alliances with other countries or make war and as the game progresses you research more technology to create more units such as tanks, battleships and knights.

The ultimate goal is to capture all your enemies (domination victory), research every technology in the game and launch a rocket into space (technological victory), gather a ridiculous amount of gold and build the world bank (economic victory) or obtain a total of 20 great persons, wonders, or converted cities in any combination, and build the United Nations wonder (cultural victory).

Sorry for the long post, but its a fairly open ended game.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I own Civilization 3, Civilization 3: Test of Time the standalone expansion, and Alpha Centauri. They're great fun, but it's a lot more fun when you're playing with other people.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I picked up Civ IV and all it's xpacks off Steam for $25 when they had that huge after Christmas sale. Those are a ton of fun, and it's a nice change of pace to go from L4D to Civ IV.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Vince

Post by Vince »

I thought it was alright to be honest, but it was nothing special. After you've won so many times on the highest difficulty, it just didn't have the replay value I thought it would. Online play is slow as hell as well. The only time I would find online play fun is if you were playing with friends.

Although, I do get a pleasure out of nuking whales. That will never lose its entertainment value.
I wish I was queer so I could get chicks.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I Just got the achievement for winning with 1 city on the hardest setting. Its a pain. This game has good graphics for the 360. The only thing i dont like is the loading time when i got more then 4 cities.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Oh...gross, Civ on the console. Lame.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.