Fantasy Hockey

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

You can check by yourself, it marks me 1-9 when i clearly won the goalie related bits.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

cheez.wiz wrote:Wait, what?

How the hell are the points calculated? In my last matchup, the other side won the goal against average with two more points given per match, and the goaltending percentage with .020 less than mine.

Should i take goaltenders that suck more?
Mine did the same fucking thing. It's cause your goalies didn't notch enough time in the net for the week. Screwed me over big time.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Yeah, we just had/remembered this issue in another league. Your goalies need to clock 3 games in a week, between them. So you can't just yank them after you get a shutout, for example.
And if you have a Blues goalie... well, lets just say they dipped into their 4th string goalie this weekend, due to injury.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

But they did have 3 games. 2 wins and a loss.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Frostbite
I dunno.

Re: Fantasy Hockey

Post by Frostbite »

Man, I hate the goalie rules. Sorry yahoo that my two starting goalies were injured. Nevermind my one remaining goalie had the week of his life posting 3 wins with a 2.2 GAA and a .94 save percentage. No, I get boned because Nabokov and Dipietro get hurt like jerkoffs. Yeah, that's how things should be run. Stupid.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

All i have to say is that week where Luongo threw up two straight shut outs rocked! Go my stats!

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Frostbite wrote:Man, I hate the goalie rules. Sorry yahoo that my two starting goalies were injured. Nevermind my one remaining goalie had the week of his life posting 3 wins with a 2.2 GAA and a .94 save percentage. No, I get boned because Nabokov and Dipietro get hurt like jerkoffs. Yeah, that's how things should be run. Stupid.
Yeah, thanks for the points though :). I got screwed like that earlier too. Very stupid.
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Team Wigit was telling me that apparently we actually have it set for 4 games needing played, not 3 like I have in other leagues.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Man, Twotwins are dominating this league. What's up guys? We're filthy Americans with very limited hockey knowledge. Cream us already. I feel like we're the girl in the march madness pool who does really well by guessing which team will win based on the color scheme of the uniforms.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Fuck yeah. Whooo. Go Americans. Suck on it you filthy Canucks! I'm ruling this league! It's like my accidental pick-up of an AWESOME goalie was totally intentional! Like that year I grabbed Larry Johnson the day before Priest Holmes went down and ended up winning the fantasy football league by leaps and bounds.
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

My accidental first round draft pick goalie is out, Dipietro is out, my best scorer in Gaborick is out. Yeah, I'm boned.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

My problem is that I went a bit too heavy on particular stats and it has taken my team a bit to get going. But I am moving up in the ranks a bit. What also hurts me is that my LWs are terribly disappointing, but I have about 6 good to great RWs (my Cs are pretty staggered across skill level). So I just don't feel like I have a decent quality team across the board.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:My problem is that I went a bit too heavy on particular stats and it has taken my team a bit to get going. But I am moving up in the ranks a bit. What also hurts me is that my LWs are terribly disappointing, but I have about 6 good to great RWs (my Cs are pretty staggered across skill level). So I just don't feel like I have a decent quality team across the board.
And they're all GOING DOWN this week! F* yeah!
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

TwoBuy wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:My problem is that I went a bit too heavy on particular stats and it has taken my team a bit to get going. But I am moving up in the ranks a bit. What also hurts me is that my LWs are terribly disappointing, but I have about 6 good to great RWs (my Cs are pretty staggered across skill level). So I just don't feel like I have a decent quality team across the board.
And they're all GOING DOWN this week! F* yeah!
Apparently not so much. Another burned by the 4 games on the goalie stats.
It seems that perhaps 4 goalie games on the week is a bit much for a league of this sort. You have an injury or a team who doesn't play much that week or a hot backup, and you get pooched. And, with all starters picked, it isn't as if you can pick up some supplemental goalies (or at least none that will play...).

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Apparently not so much. Another burned by the 4 games on the goalie stats.
It seems that perhaps 4 goalie games on the week is a bit much for a league of this sort. You have an injury or a team who doesn't play much that week or a hot backup, and you get pooched. And, with all starters picked, it isn't as if you can pick up some supplemental goalies (or at least none that will play...).
Yeah, would have been fine (and maybe able to win those two other offensive categories too) except that Friday is my day to move subs around for the week and since I was on Thanksgiving break I forgot to do it so my starters weren't in for the weekend. Oh well. Still 1st place loser! And is that a 24 +/- I see?
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh