Video Game Christmas Wish Lists?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

kash

Video Game Christmas Wish Lists?

Post by kash »

Just curious what everyone else is looking forward to in the upcoming season. The only next-gen console I >actually< own is a Wii (which happens to be broken to a certain extent anyways), but I'm very interested in buying an Xbox360 in the coming months. My birthday is in November and then Christmas is coming up too so I think I'm good to treat myself to a little something perhaps.

Wii - sadly not much to look forward to:
Okami
Sam & Max Season One
Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People eps. 1 & 2

Xbox360 - stuff I definitely want when I get the system:
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Soul Calibur IV
Bioshock
Rez HD
Ikaruga
Grand Theft Auto IV
Call of Duty IV
Star Ocean IV
Final Fantasy XIII

Wow, I just realized how many of those are sequels.

PS3 (if I had one or were to buy one):
Little Big Planet - intriguing concept for a game
Metal Gear Solid 4

Unfortunately, I don't have the money or time right now to play just about all of these games, but I would eventually like to get up on some of that. When I finally do have some spare cash the first thing I'll probably buy is a new guitar. I did however just buy a new 40" Samsung 1080i HDTV so the 360 would certainly be a nice complement to that.

Anyways enough of my ramblings, anyone else?
it's the beer that is addicted to me

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Rock Band 2
FF Crystal Chronicles (whenever it comes out... spring?)

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

I agree with that list. (mostly)

I will add PSP's Star Ocean onto that list. It was supposed to come out on Halloween but now it is pushed back to Jan. 6 so that can still be considered a christmas gift (at least for my family)

Gah. I want LBP so badly. It looks so fun. But I will probably break down and buy a 360 this season just so I have something to game on. My Wii is sadly lacking good games. Sam and Max is the only one I can think of right now that I want. Stupid Wii not making good games...
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

kash

Post by kash »

Lottel wrote:I agree with that list. (mostly)

I will add PSP's Star Ocean onto that list. It was supposed to come out on Halloween but now it is pushed back to Jan. 6 so that can still be considered a christmas gift (at least for my family)

I can't bring myself to care about the PSP, there's just not enough for it, and it's an ugly little machine in my opinion. I have a DS Lite with an R4 but I get bored with handheld games fast because I always seem to get a headache about an hour in.

Gah. I want LBP so badly. It looks so fun. But I will probably break down and buy a 360 this season just so I have something to game on. My Wii is sadly lacking good games. Sam and Max is the only one I can think of right now that I want. Stupid Wii not making good games...

LBP is the only thing that I really want on PS3, but like I said, I'm shooting for the Xbox anyways (cheaper too).

Yeah, there's really nothing great out there for the Wii except for a couple of the Nintendo titles -- Brawl, Zelda, & Galaxy to be specific, and RE4 was a great re-release. But since Brawl there's been nothing to get excited about :\
it's the beer that is addicted to me

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I don't own a console (and have no real intention of purchasing one*), and thus don't particularly care. I'd love for Force Unleashed to come out on PC because a) that is the only system I really game on, even though that isn't terribly often and b) my roomate had some significant difficulties getting the hang of it, difficulties that would be hugely remedied by a mouse and keyboard.

*My roomate has PS3. I really only play Madden and occasionally NHL. I played Ratchet and Clank, too, and that was fun. My soon-to-be roomate has 360. I'll probably play through GTA4, and continue somewhat with Madden and NHL (though, he doesn't have the same passion for Madden as my current roomate, and thus will primarily have older versions).

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

I agree with the PSP. Good games on it are few and far between. But I do not regret getting it. I just wish Sony would take it seriously. For both PSP and PS3.
I love my DS too but I just get bored with the touch screen. Sometimes I just wanna push buttons to make my guy move, not drag a stylus across the screen. And the sensitivity on the DS is kinda wonky sometimes. It is often difficult it to read quick double taps or little things like that that make action games on the DS possible.

All in all, video games have been disappointing me this last year. I am going to have to break my promise and buy a 360 in order to have anything to do at all gamewise.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I had to go to three different stores, but I was able to get Fallout 3 for the PS3 at release.

There is really only one other game that comes to mind as a must have for me, and that is Left 4 Dead for the PC.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

I still only have a PS2, so i'm not really looking forward to any games to come out soon-ish.

But it's all good, since i have Puzzle Pirate to entertain me, especially when this forum hibernates.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird