What games do you fancy?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Re: What games do you fancy?

Post by ruotwocone »

diode_dirigible wrote:I've had a recent hankering for PSX games, I dug out my old box and levered open the lid. Lo and behold, it still works!

So I had a Hogs of War marathon, then some Legend of Dragoon, Carmageddon, so on and so forth.
Legend of the Dragoon was a rad game if for no other reason than when entering a city you had the options of "entry" and "no entry"

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Legend of Dragoon, or as I so fondly remember it as, Falling Behind In My School Work, was a hell of a game. I don't even remember the story line anymore, but the ability to transform from a sexually ambiguous man to a sexually ambiguous man with slightly more armor piqued the interest of this then-ten-year-old.
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

diode_dirigible

Post by diode_dirigible »

Kidd wrote:Legend of Dragoon, or as I so fondly remember it as, Falling Behind In My School Work, was a hell of a game. I don't even remember the story line anymore, but the ability to transform from a sexually ambiguous man to a sexually ambiguous man with slightly more armor piqued the interest of this then-ten-year-old.
ah yes, those were confusing times for me as well. I nearly stopped playing when they replaced manyly-man lavitz with that pissy king albert though. that pissed me off

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Albert > Lavitz

There, I said it.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

Kidd wrote:Legend of Dragoon, or as I so fondly remember it as, Falling Behind In My School Work, was a hell of a game. I don't even remember the story line anymore, but the ability to transform from a sexually ambiguous man to a sexually ambiguous man with slightly more armor piqued the interest of this then-ten-year-old.

Oh crap. Why did you have to say that game? It reminds me that I own it and its been awhile since I played it.

I play the Final fantasy games a lot. Why? Because i don't play games to socialize with people. My PS2 goes on you better shut the hell up. Me and my ex roommate actually made a special tv stand for our gaming tv. It had jagged edges so you would cut yourself pretty badly if you walked infront of the tv.

Other than that i play browser games. Usually they are german... Why because i can play them anywhere. Like right now. My niece is some where in the house.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Holly hell, the jagged thing is a genius invention! They were going somewhere anyways, so it's not like the fact you are yelling at them is of any significant consequence.

Just how do you deal with the blood?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

wolf

Post by wolf »

The blood doesn't bother me because I'm not the person bleeding. At least next time they know not to walk infront of the tv. It's like training a dog with an electric collar, inflict enough pain and they don't do it again.... I'm no longer allowed to own pets.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Wow. Negative enforcement like that actually is condemned by most experts with pets. Now normally, I don't give a damned what people just say, but these have been studied under decent conditions of scientific background on premises that are sound, so I don't argue with them.

Essentially, if your cat pees on the floor, and you rub it's face in it then throw them in the litter box, they associate the litterbox with the punishment. People make big mistakes in pet training this way. You really need to find out why the pet won't use the box. It might be in a bad area, or something.

So find out why the hell people keep walking in front of the T.V. I'll buy the book, I swear.

Incidentally, all harvest moon sequels seem to be crap.

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

I have a cat that I got when it was a few days old. The first day, I set out the litter box, it started using it. It has also been trained to not eat meat. I'm vegetarian so I don't, except for special occasion, eat meat, so neither does Sandy. I tried giving her ham during Thanksgiving and she looked at me like I was crazy. It's a fucking awesome cat though. Kinda slow. It often jumps into walls for no reason. And then there was the night I had set out a glue trap to catch this mouse that had gotten in. The glue trap caught the mouse. The cat then steps on the glue trap, gets caught, tries to shake free, gets its face stuck as well, and takes off running around my room. I woke up at 3 a.m. to a combination of things breaking, loud hissing, and squealing from my Chinchilla.

Question: How easy is it to get a cat off a glue pad?

Answer: NOT MOTHER FUCKING VERY.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

AHMETxRock wrote:Wow. Negative enforcement like that actually is condemned by most experts with pets. Now normally, I don't give a damned what people just say, but these have been studied under decent conditions of scientific background on premises that are sound, so I don't argue with them.

Essentially, if your cat pees on the floor, and you rub it's face in it then throw them in the litter box, they associate the litterbox with the punishment. People make big mistakes in pet training this way. You really need to find out why the pet won't use the box. It might be in a bad area, or something.

So find out why the hell people keep walking in front of the T.V. I'll buy the book, I swear.

Incidentally, all harvest moon sequels seem to be crap.
yeah, so i wouldn't argue with our resident barbarian. she'll kill you. and not in a "haha, i'm going to kill you" way. She will STOP. YOUR. HEART.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Kidd wrote:I have a cat that I got when it was a few days old. The first day, I set out the litter box, it started using it. It has also been trained to not eat meat. I'm vegetarian so I don't, except for special occasion, eat meat, so neither does Sandy.
You still give her cat food with meat in it? Oh dear god I hope so. Cats are carnivores not omnivores. They -cannot- live on a completely meat/fish free diet. It will cause blindness, and given long enough death. I mean.. sounds like you've had her a while so sure you do.. but its right up there with people who fill hummingbird feeders with nutrasweet, just cause people can live with it doesn't mean its good for the animal.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Asherian wrote:
Kidd wrote:I have a cat that I got when it was a few days old. The first day, I set out the litter box, it started using it. It has also been trained to not eat meat. I'm vegetarian so I don't, except for special occasion, eat meat, so neither does Sandy.
You still give her cat food with meat in it? Oh dear god I hope so. Cats are carnivores not omnivores. They -cannot- live on a completely meat/fish free diet. It will cause blindness, and given long enough death. I mean.. sounds like you've had her a while so sure you do.. but its right up there with people who fill hummingbird feeders with nutrasweet, just cause people can live with it doesn't mean its good for the animal.
-.-
I know this. I meant I don't give her straight up table scraps (steak, ham, etc). I buy cat food that has the meat byproducts and things in it. But it's kibble pretty much. She'll eat her food (and a fucking lot of it, greedy prick) but she won't eat meat if offered to her.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

If you can stop my heart, you can stop the pain.
I'll carve it out myself, with a christmans candy cane.

I was having a super cool dream. It was an awesome story, which I am writing down right now. I was the titular character, but before I learned what the main protagonist was trying to accomplish, I wake up to a cat sitting on my face.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I'm just going to ignore what's been said so far and talk about my own gaming tastes. I play PC games along with PS3/PS2 games. Playing through Ico a second time since my roommate bought it recently. Although I've been sinking a ton of time into Fallout 3 and NHL 09. I created the number one best Atlanta Thrashers team ever after one season. I do enjoy a good RTS game as well. Yeah...stuff.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

wolf

Post by wolf »

AHMETxRock wrote: I wake up to a cat sitting on my face.
You know there is a joke in there but I'm not going to say it. But everyone's homework is to think it.

As usual we got side tracked. Like Frostbite mentioned and started to do lets get this back on track! I don't think I've seen anyone mention baord games. i mean come on. Monopoly, scrabble, dirty scrabble, the game of life are all good. Not to mention card games. Texas hold'em, ummm asshole. Its December I always go into board game mode.