What games do you fancy?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Re: What games do you fancy?

Post by ruotwocone »

yeah, going back through it now that i'm sober it does seem to be more junior high style flirting than anything truly romantic... of course by our horribly low standards I still hold that this is the most romantic thing on here.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Well since it wasn't geared towards romance a'tall in my mind I guess thats acceptable.

And really? Our standards are that low? I'll have to start hitting on wolf or something to try and raise the bar.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I wasn't aware we had standards.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I think their more "standards", and sure we do. Just mostly levels of ass allowed.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Asherian wrote:I hope then that its the ghostbusters NES game, so his soul really can be completely broken. I mean if your going to torture a small child thats the goal right?

I dunno.. Hold 'em in my experience is the least skill required poker, sheer luck wins it more often then any actual ability. Though I love blood and guts.. so maybe I don't get a real vote about poker styles Lethal.

Oh and rou.. I'm not sure how to respond, other then I wish I was that smashed.
I think it that without table cards, there is one less aspect of reading the other player: watching their subtle reactions. I have no problem with some other kinds, I just find that if you start playing the other kinds it quickly devolves into games with wild cards (blegh) and drawing (which I also don't like).

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ruotwocone wrote:
mountainmage wrote:Til tomorrow morning, then?
this has been the most romantic thread to ever exist here i think. oh the forbidden love of the internet!

or maybe i'm just too drunk to realize it sucks as much as the rest of the threads here... yay beers!
Definitely too drunk.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I think it that without table cards, there is one less aspect of reading the other player: watching their subtle reactions. I have no problem with some other kinds, I just find that if you start playing the other kinds it quickly devolves into games with wild cards (blegh) and drawing (which I also don't like).
I honestly don't like wild cards either, drawing I can deal with. My personal favorite style is blood/guts. Basically you have 2 or 3 cards period. Has weird pot rules beyond that. Its mostly something to break during other styles, but still my fav.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

mountainmage wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:
mountainmage wrote:Til tomorrow morning, then?
this has been the most romantic thread to ever exist here i think. oh the forbidden love of the internet!

or maybe i'm just too drunk to realize it sucks as much as the rest of the threads here... yay beers!
Definitely too drunk.
probably true... but at least i'm now drunk again! yay beers!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Asherian wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:I think it that without table cards, there is one less aspect of reading the other player: watching their subtle reactions. I have no problem with some other kinds, I just find that if you start playing the other kinds it quickly devolves into games with wild cards (blegh) and drawing (which I also don't like).
I honestly don't like wild cards either, drawing I can deal with. My personal favorite style is blood/guts. Basically you have 2 or 3 cards period. Has weird pot rules beyond that. Its mostly something to break during other styles, but still my fav.
Have you ever played three-card prile (I think that is how it is spelled)? It is the game that you see a glimpse of near the beginning of Lock Stock and Three Smoking Barrels (though I think they have a different name for it in the movie).
And interesting game with strange pot rules and slightly different rules (mostly just that straights beat flushes rather than the other way around*)

*I'm no statistician, but I believe when you go down to 3 cards the straight is more difficult to get than the flush.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Since I don't know anyone who plays cards, I have to stick with what's on my computer. Namely solitaire and hearts . Screw freecell and spider solitaire.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

Asherian wrote:Well since it wasn't geared towards romance a'tall in my mind I guess thats acceptable.

And really? Our standards are that low? I'll have to start hitting on wolf or something to try and raise the bar.
Yes, hit on wolf. Raise that bar!

mountainmage (no that won't do. I'm calling you mage from now on) thats the joy of the internet. You don't have to know people who play cards to play cards. There are plenty of websites dedicated to some form of card game. And I personally like Blackjack, Asshole (played that all through HS) and poker. I do play 52 pick up with my niece.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I'll try to please mi'lady, and Ash is fine, though I normally do Ashe to shorten it just to differentiate from the noun.

I dunno, playing cards on the internet just seems to suck all the fun of it out. It is one of my few really social activities though so I guess its just as well I still feel the need to interact with fleshpods to do it. If I was anywhere near you I'd play with you Mountain, but that's a bit far to drive just to play cards. However if other people in the general CA area were into it...

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Playing cards is probably better than just playing against the computer. Playing Hearts against computer players is the worst because the computer is a cheating bastard.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'm 2/15 on beating those damn computer players in Hearts.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

you guys need to work on your anti-AI strategy... you should be able to win MS Hearts at least 60-70% of the time.