Feministic retort!
33%

Total votes: 6

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Soap operas.

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ruotwocone wrote:
Kidd wrote:Well, my parents and whatnot are Irish (My father is an Irish Cowboy. Go figure.) I saw potato and found no way it could be racist. Potatoes are just that good.

And that sounds delicious. I would try it, but I don't have the patience to wait that long for a delicious potato.
uh, guys... potatoes are native to the Americas. Ireland's only had potatoes for about 400 years.
So? It doesn't change the fact that they are most identified with Irish farmers. I mean, the car existed will before the stereotype of [insert race here] people driving poorly.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

that's a terrible analogy. i think italy importing noodles from east asia originally or something similar would have made a better argument... just throwing that out.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:that's a terrible analogy. i think italy importing noodles from east asia originally or something similar would have made a better argument... just throwing that out.
Better analogy? Sure. As funny? No, seemingly not.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:
Kidd wrote:Well, my parents and whatnot are Irish (My father is an Irish Cowboy. Go figure.) I saw potato and found no way it could be racist. Potatoes are just that good.

And that sounds delicious. I would try it, but I don't have the patience to wait that long for a delicious potato.
uh, guys... potatoes are native to the Americas. Ireland's only had potatoes for about 400 years.
So? It doesn't change the fact that they are most identified with Irish farmers. I mean, the car existed will before the stereotype of [insert race here] people driving poorly.
Is "old" a race?
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

cheez.wiz wrote: Is "old" a race?
I did attempt to leave that open. You might also insert "female".

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Or the stereotype of Asians. Although I've never really seen any Asians driving in south Florida. Not that that means there aren't any, just that I'm not very attentive to who's driving other cars near me.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

My racism and sexism class states that there are "Identities".
Age is an identity. Race and sex are. Sexual preference, religion or lack thereof (or one of those philisophical paths that shouldn't qualify but due to political correctness do out of insistance), political affiliation (to some degree), as well as several other things.

This is how they treat it. I'm sorry. Just ignore it if I've hindered your convo. I just like to say things that I've just learned and pretend that i've always known them. That way I can pretend I'm intelligent.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I'd compare it more to most people thinking the Wright brothers were the first people to sustain flight. Wrong, but what is considered common 'knowledge'. Going for what people should/think they should know.

Ahmet, parroting only makes you smart if your a bird.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Then we all know what I must do, don't we?
By the way, you're supposed to imagine me sobbing like a woman who lied about being a virgin to her husband during their honeymoon.
With my brother?!?

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

AHMETxRock wrote:Then we all know what I must do, don't we?
By the way, you're supposed to imagine me sobbing like a woman who lied about being a virgin to her husband during their honeymoon.
With my brother?!?
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Did I mention the lesbian that fell in love with a male rock star, who was secretly a drag queen attracted to women but wanted to become one? The lesbian loved him because he considered him a her and he considered him to be a her. I don't know what happened.

Or mabey the one where everyone was in a fairy tale, and the fat woman couldn't get the man she was crushing on. She was miserable the whole time, so in the end, the drunk woman who didn't appear in that episode until that point popped up as a fairy godmother and granted her her wish to be in a relationship with the guy. Apparently they're married, their baby died, and the father stole someones baby to pretend it was all good.

OR mabey One Tree Hill, when the CW was formed. They brought back the show after it supposedly had it's series finalie. They started with a four year jump. They made Nathen, the basketball player who had just gotten a college scholarship, partially crippled after a barfight. Last week I found out he's able to play just as fine as he did after the past other three times his character almost died, or when his half brother almost died twice.