33%
Feministic retort!
33%

Total votes: 6

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Soap operas.

Post by AHMETxRock »

So this one soap opera had this guy that had amnesia. Terribly original. But it calls into question everything that the couple had done, including the marriage and child. Apparentlhy he remembered his ex before he remembered her, but pretended to remember her so they could get in on like donkey kong. And I assume it was like donkey kong.

A while later, I'm stuck seeing the show again. This was two weeks ago. Apparently he has his memories back. But for some reason, she is holding a gun to his head. A GUN TO HIS HEAD. SAYING SOME CRAP ABOUT HOW SHE CAN'T LET THEM BE APART AGAIN. I don't get it, personally, and don't knwow what happened. But today, apparently, she's awake in a hospital. AND THIS TIME, SHE HAS AMNESIA. No bull. She has it this time. After attempting murder on her husband that had just recovered from amnesia, throught a completely contrived method that I did not witness, she herself has amnesia.

Grrrr.....
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Re: Soap operas.

Post by TwoBuy »

Awesome. It's like the Bender shouldn't be allowed on TV episode. I have double amnesia!
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Why were you watching this anyways?
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I was on my laptop while my mother was watching this to pass the time.

You need to know your enemies. I've watched these episodes, gotten input from fans of the series, then carefully explained to them in detail what is wrong with the shows. I love telling women how soap operas are only furthering sexist steroetypes in society that they themselves are fighting. You need to make sure you're out of their reach so they don't hit you, but it's all true.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Soap opera fans are your enemies? What kind of grudge do you have against these people? I mean, I despise Twlight, should I go and see it? Hell no!

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

Frostbite wrote:Why were you watching this anyways?
Oh please. Men watch soap operas too. What else do you call Battlestar Galactica, pro wrestling, LOST, etc.
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
Oh

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I had a brief stint with LOST, other than that, I don't really watch them. I wouldn't really consider that a soap opera though.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Soap operas are a specific genre that started some time ago, (which were sponsored by soap companies that would advertise during breaks, which is where the term soap plays in) and are meant to have a target audience consisting mainly women.

While shows like Lost, Battlestar Galactica, and the like can be seen as having qualities of soap operas, which I feel personally goes under the catagory of deserved insult, they are mere dramas. Hence the answered question, what do I call them.

TwoBuy

Post by TwoBuy »

AHMETxRock wrote:what do I call them.
Soap operas
Hey girl whats up
hahaha
Oh

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

AHMETxRock wrote:Soap operas are a specific genre that started some time ago, (which were sponsored by soap companies that would advertise during breaks, which is where the term soap plays in) and are meant to have a target audience consisting mainly women.

While shows like Lost, Battlestar Galactica, and the like can be seen as having qualities of soap operas, which I feel personally goes under the catagory of deserved insult, they are mere dramas. Hence the answered question, what do I call them.
Battlestar Galactica is exactly the same show as Days of our Lives except one has robots and the other is Battlestar Galactica.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

ruotwocone wrote:
AHMETxRock wrote:Soap operas are a specific genre that started some time ago, (which were sponsored by soap companies that would advertise during breaks, which is where the term soap plays in) and are meant to have a target audience consisting mainly women.

Battlestar Galactica is exactly the same show as Days of our Lives except one has robots and the other is Battlestar Galactica.
I have lost another arguement to you. Clearly, I must form an alliance with you as to shelter my pride from further damage.

Kidd

Post by Kidd »

Frostbite wrote:Soap opera fans are your enemies? What kind of grudge do you have against these people? I mean, I despise Twlight, should I go and see it? Hell no!
Twilight?
TWILIGHT?

*shakes with anger*

THE MOTHER FUCKER WHO PLAYS THE FUCKING VAMPIRE ROLE IS A FUCKING UGLY ASS MOTHER FUCKER YET EVERY GIRL HAS FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HIM AND IT PISSES ME OFF TO NO END.

Background to Twilight:
Basically, a fucking romance novel where he is EVERYTHING EVERY WOMAN WANTS IN A MAN. HE'S FUNNY, CHARMING, BEAUTIFUL, SWEET, NICE, CARING, WONT TRY TO HAVE SEX WITH HER BECAUSE HE 'RESPECTS HER BODY', UNDERSTANDS HER SPECIAL TIME OF THE MONTH AND GIVES HER SPACE, BUT NOT TOO MUCH OR SHE MIGHT THINK HE DOESN'T LOVE HER.

She is your average, nothing stellar, run-of-the-mill girl. She isn't the most beautiful, most intelligent, most....anything really, and yet he falls in love with her and loves her for who she is.

Women have been eating this shit up, man, and it bothers me. Here's my past three dates(all with different women), in the post-Twilight era.

Date 1:
Me: So do you like reading?
Her: Twilight is my favorite book of all time.
Me: Check, please?

Date 2:
Me: So what would you like to go do?
Her: Let's go see Twilight! It's the best movie ever.
Me: Please to be getting out of my car now, kthxbai.

Date 3:
Me: ...I'm going to regret this immediately, but.....do you like Twilight?
Her: I LOVE IT!
Me: *copycats BTK*
I Believe In Harvey Dent.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

There is a book cataloging/review website I visit, and I found this amazing review for Twilight (the book):
Trebleclef wrote:Essentially what happens when you walk into Hot Topic, pick out the first twelve year old you see, and then have her write an Anne Rice novel. Twilight is a shallow blunder, and it sure is proud of it. The book reads like fan-fiction from a horny teenager (though that phrase may be redundant) with a mental problem, instead of providing any form of good writing we get every vampire cliché known to man until you're guaranteed every scene-(I am ignorant and should be dragged into the street and shot in the mouth.) that reads it will adore it. It is truly astounding how Meyer is able to say so, SO little in the course of 500 pages.

More than half of Twilight is just characters giving wry smiles, chuckling, hissing, glaring, flaring nostrils and raising eyebrows during some vapid, angsty conversation. The whole thing is narrated by some chick named Bella Swan, someone so lacking in human characteristics that it is more than easy to forget this is your main character. Reading this book makes it no surprise the only people who like this are around thirteen years old, both the main characters are covered in disgusting gloss and teenage perfection. Bella Swan and Edward Cullen are two of the dullest characters I've ever become acquainted with.

Bella is just another "average, ordinary, everyday girl" typical of romance novels. She is the "new girl in school" cliché and instantly becomes popular by doing nothing. She is made essentially perfect in every manner, but in an attempt to hide this the author decides to make her clumsy. The problem is that anyone familiar with these stereotypes knows that when it comes to these characters this is actually a "plus". It also doesn't help she spends a large amount of time I could have spent hammering a nail into my foot whining about how she always falls down. That is, of course, when she isn't using insane amounts of adjectives to describe the "dreamy" vamp of her life, Edward Cullen.

Oh, Edward Cullen. How I loathe thee. This talking mannequin is spoken about for pages upon pages with what looks like a late-night session on fanfiction.net with a teenager and a thesaurus. Like Boring Bella, Ennuyeux Edward is without depth and without flaw. Know what else Bella and Edward are without? CHEMISTRY. This is pretty much the book version of Neo and Trinity from the Matrix, except even worse. A third of the book is spent with these two Barbie dolls enjoying fake, unrealistic sexual tension akin to an episode of InuYasha until an awful plot forms. The important thing is that it ends with Cullen and Bella at the prom... AWWWWWWWWW, NO ONE SAW THIS COMING. AWWWW.

There is a lot more to say about this offense against literature, but this is just a quick little review from me. Despite all of this bullshit, the most infuriating thing about this 4-part story is that it isn't rotting on LiveJournal where it belongs. It is out there making millions with people who wouldn't know quality if it punted them in the vagina. It offers nothing to the reader. Just some clever marketing, some clever abuse of the masses. It is a superficial story that leaves readers with the image of a girl who discovers her own worth and gets all she ever wanted, by giving up her identity and throwing away nearly everything in life that matters. For this reason, Twilight's fame is far more understandable. For this sacrifice of self for the shallow and meaningless truly captures the spirit of the generation it's written for, or at least, the lack thereof.

TL;DR, Shit sucks.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ruotwocone wrote: Battlestar Galactica is exactly the same show as Days of our Lives except one has robots and the other is Battlestar Galactica.
Well-played. Very.
I watched a bunch of Days of Our Lives back when I was babysat for the summers by friends of the family (who also had a pool! Huzzah!). This would've been back in the 6th grade abouts (1994ish). It was ridiculous then, but unless I wanted to sit in another room quietly by myself, I had to endure.
My mom and my sister still watch occasionally. The ridiculousness of what has happened on that show in the last 6 or 7 years pushes the boundaries so much further. I'm not sure if there has actually been robots on the show, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

Kidd wrote: THE MOTHER FUCKER WHO PLAYS THE FUCKING VAMPIRE ROLE IS A FUCKING UGLY ASS MOTHER FUCKER YET EVERY GIRL HAS FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HIM AND IT PISSES ME OFF TO NO END.

Women have been eating this shit up, man, and it bothers me.
I can honestly say I haven't fallen for that guy. I don't even remotely find him attractive. Nor did I have any desire to see the movie. Ended up seeing it because I went to the movies with my guy friend and let him pick the movie... I wonder about him last time I did that I ended up seeing In the Land of Women.

Ultimate down side to seeing Twilight? When the movie becomes so damn retarded and boring (very soon) that you start checking out the theatre for attractive women there are none. Why? Because there are no women there are little girls.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop