Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Asherian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:06 am

Only way I'm going back to alliance is if they let gnomes be druids. I know it'll never happen.. but man I want it. Paying for your account wolf would kind of defeat the purpose in saving money by spending less monthly on it then I would on other games... Plus I think I might be settling down on Kil'jaeden.

Can't blame you kidd, these games Aren't for everyone, I just enjoy them, but I'm anti-social except via a computer, so there yah go.

I tried puzzle pirates.. I forget what, but something annoyed me enough to decide it wasn't worth it.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches
User avatar
Asherian
Token Erisian
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am
Location: A City in the rain

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Kidd » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:13 am

Oh no, I'm anti-social as well (kinda. I just don't like to lead. Every time I go out with friends, I somehow become the leader and I hate it) so I thought they'd be great. Then I realized that no matter how nerdy I am, the people I play with and against are more nerdy. A thousand times over and a thousand times again more nerdy. It's just too much for me to handle and have fun with.
I Believe In Harvey Dent.
User avatar
Kidd
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Asherian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:18 am

I'd argue that, I know a lot of very non-nerdy people who play. Both from the game and in RL who picked up the game. I mean yeah, some people are hellishly nerdy, I'm one of them, but not everyone who plays/gets to 80/gets into it is. Then again, depends on your definition of nerdy I guess. I've played with soccer moms(great guild officers if way to overbearing), clubbers (relabila-what?), and people who shouldn't be allowed near a computer. Ever, yet there they were.

Computers and video games are becoming a lot more mainstream, WoW is just the first MMO to really hit that 'non-nerd' market, its why its so big/popular. Even norms enjoy it.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches
User avatar
Asherian
Token Erisian
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am
Location: A City in the rain

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Kidd » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:21 am

Oh no, I meant my friends IRL that play. I mean, that shit started to cross into my life and shit, so I got annoyed by it. But the grind is just too much for me sometimes. I know there are regular 'non-nerdy' people that play, I just never seemed to come across enough of them. :(
I Believe In Harvey Dent.
User avatar
Kidd
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Asherian » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:28 am

*laugh* They tend to deny it to fit in better ; ) Though if your friends are nerds shouldn't be to bad. Yeah.. I feel bad for people who don't play who's friends do. It seems like every conversation breaks down into it after a while.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches
User avatar
Asherian
Token Erisian
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am
Location: A City in the rain

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby wolf » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:27 am

Asherian wrote: Yeah.. I feel bad for people who don't play who's friends do. It seems like every conversation breaks down into it after a while.


WoW is just one of those games. When more than one WoW player are in the same room, they WILL talk about it. My friend use to call it "geeking out". She hated it, thought WoW was a soul sucking game and forbid us to play it/mention it in her presence. The best is getting random strangers in on a WoW conversation. This one time in line at Subway me and my ex room mate were talking about what characters we were re-rolling as and this guy over heard and was a player as well. So the three of us sat there talking about the game while my room mates girlfriend sat in silence eating her sub.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop
User avatar
wolf
She-Barbarian of the North
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby AHMETxRock » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:12 am

Your first mistake was talking about anything a nerd would feel comfortable approaching you about. If you were talking about what bra brand you would be buying, you would get the same amount of attention (especially if your ex-roommate was male), but it is highly unprobable a nerd would admit that they too would be going to the same victoria's secret as you for their Live Action Role Play NightElf costume.

I felt bad when I'm in the hallway and kids are talking about their accounts, and I think, not only do I understand, but I could take them all at once. IT's not enough that they're ten year olds, is it? I gotta lord over them with my account that can 1-hit kill them? Am I that bad?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.
User avatar
AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop
 
Posts: 5524
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 am
Location: Box of Cereal.

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Lethal Interjection » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:26 am

AHMETxRock wrote:IT's not enough that they're ten year olds, is it? I gotta lord over them with my account that can 1-hit kill them?


So you are beating up 10 year olds? In real life or in the game?
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Asherian » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:43 am

I think he was trying to be factitious, commenting that's how WoW players think/interact with each other.

I could be wrong, he already has brought up how he loves to torture children in What sort of games do you fancy. Maybe it just really floats his boat to beat up and condescend to someone of about the same mental level.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches
User avatar
Asherian
Token Erisian
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am
Location: A City in the rain

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby wolf » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:05 pm

AHMETxRock wrote:Your first mistake was talking about anything a nerd would feel comfortable approaching you about.


Mistake? I never said i regretted it or it was a mistake. I love talking to random people about stuff. You get to hear some interesting stories. Now my room mates gf might have felt it was a mistake but who cares? She was a bitch and was jealous of me, thought I was going to try and steal her boyfriend away from her.

Asherian wrote:I think he was trying to be factitious, commenting that's how WoW players think/interact with each other.

I could be wrong, he already has brought up how he loves to torture children in What sort of games do you fancy. Maybe it just really floats his boat to beat up and condescend to someone of about the same mental level.


I hope it was fictitious because if he was being factual I'm a little confused. I'm pretty sure he said he was something like 18 years old so where would he be that is full of 10 year olds? Is he trolling elementary schools offering the children candy, bragging how he ganks kids all the time?

Granted he did use the past tensed word of "felt". He felt bad. Now this could mean he no longer feels bad about being able to beat a 10 year old kid in a game or that he is referring to when he was 10 years old and listening to other 10 year olds. However his statement of "IT's not enough that they're ten year olds," infers that he was not 10 years old as well.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop
User avatar
wolf
She-Barbarian of the North
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby cheez.wiz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:38 pm

wolf wrote:
Asherian wrote:I think he was trying to be factitious, commenting that's how WoW players think/interact with each other.

I could be wrong, he already has brought up how he loves to torture children in What sort of games do you fancy. Maybe it just really floats his boat to beat up and condescend to someone of about the same mental level.


I hope it was fictitious because if he was being factual I'm a little confused. I'm pretty sure he said he was something like 18 years old so where would he be that is full of 10 year olds? Is he trolling elementary schools offering the children candy, bragging how he ganks kids all the time?

Granted he did use the past tensed word of "felt". He felt bad. Now this could mean he no longer feels bad about being able to beat a 10 year old kid in a game or that he is referring to when he was 10 years old and listening to other 10 year olds. However his statement of "IT's not enough that they're ten year olds," infers that he was not 10 years old as well.


My guess goes toward facetious.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird
cheez.wiz
Human-based Product
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:12 am
Location: My cat's name is mitten.

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby ruotwocone » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:59 pm

my guess is that 10 year olds need more beatings. kids these days just got no respect.
User avatar
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: true... wait, false!

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Kidd » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:39 pm

ruotwocone wrote:my guess is that 10 year olds need more beatings. kids these days just got no respect.


Well that's because they need to earn respect*.




This joke only works well if you mentally picture me shaking my fist.
I Believe In Harvey Dent.
User avatar
Kidd
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:59 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby Lethal Interjection » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:45 am

Kidd wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:my guess is that 10 year olds need more beatings. kids these days just got no respect.


Well that's because they need to earn respect*.




This joke only works well if you mentally picture me shaking my fist.


And Ruo's was funnier when I pictured him as Rodney Dangerfield.
User avatar
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution
 
Posts: 8059
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Behind your ear. It's magic!

Re: Dangerous Virus Spread BY Games

Postby ruotwocone » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:46 am

Lethal Interjection wrote:And Ruo's was funnier when I pictured him as Rodney Dangerfield.

that's basically the tone i was going for.
User avatar
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: true... wait, false!

PreviousNext

Return to Games/Music/Movies/Television

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests