Any shows you are particularly fond of?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Any shows you are particularly fond of?

Post by AHMETxRock »

Just like how you could throw out the name of a movie or comic you like, why not just talk about various shows we've had a fondness for?

I've just finished watching a show called the Leage of Super Villains. An amusing parody of the power rangers ran as a subplot in one of the episodes. It clearly caters to a younger crowd, but made me laugh nontheless.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Shakedown 1979

Re: Any shows you are particularly fond of?

Post by Shakedown 1979 »

I dont watch many shows but there are a few.

I like How I Met Your Mother a lot, I generally watch the show for Neil Patrick Harris and I actually just completed season 3 today. I was watching this old prison show that aired on HBO called OZ but I finished that a few days ago (and didnt like the ending much) Im looking forward to the new season of Rescue Me that will begin airing on Tuesday. Other than that I dont watch much. I used to follow House but it got boring for me

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

AHMETxRock wrote:I've just finished watching a show called the Leage of Super Villains. An amusing parody of the power rangers ran as a subplot in one of the episodes. It clearly caters to a younger crowd, but made me laugh nontheless.
I have seen that show, the little red guy is funny. Also the guy with robot hands reminds me of my mother.

'Bout the only show I watch regularly is mythbusters. The kids control the TV all other times of the day.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Hahah that makes me think of Disgaea and the Defenders of Earth.

In terms of "real-people TV" I pretty much only watch Mythbusters and reruns of Seinfeld. I watch a lot of cartoons, though. I can't actually THINK of any. Futurama was really fantastic.

I guess right now I'm watching That 70s Show, I watch a lot of it even though I don't find it that funny.

RaxoZellet

Post by RaxoZellet »

I am fonf of Cheers and Frasier reruns. They're not favorite shows but whenever they're on I'll watch them.

But a show I'll always watch is Scrubs. I just love the show. I've seen almost every episode twice.
Rated G

Shakedown 1979

Post by Shakedown 1979 »

Oh yeah I dont see it on the air much anymore but if I can catch it ill watch Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry. Thats my childhood right there

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I'm particularly fond of M*A*S*H. I've seen every episodes 4+ times but I still love to watch it.

Other shows I like to watch, or just like in general:
The Simpsons
Futurama
South Park
Family Guy
Forensic Files (and a few other shows on TruTV, such as COPS, world's wildest police videos, Most Shocking, Most Daring, etc.)
MythBusters
Cowboy Bebop
Metalocalypse
Venture Bros.
Fullmetal Alchemist
The Daily Show/The Colbert Report
Bleach/Naruto (The fanbase is retarded, but that's what happens when an anime becomes popular. Still, I make no excuses, I just like the shows.)
Gundam 00

And more probably, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

They better not fuck it up. Truly it was an amazing space opera (although, not in the traditional sense of the phrase).
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

The Venture Bothers and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I'm looking forward to it. Cowboy Bebop was pretty cool but moreover Keanu Reeves is hilarious whenever he is placed in a role that he is clearly not suitable for, such as the ones he has been in during the past 18 years*. Totally regardless of whether or not they fuck it up (I think I know which!) you have to see it, pretty much. Then again I liked the American Godzilla so I actually have high hopes for something so dumb.

*Which was also hilarious anyway.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Ones I own:

Family Guy. I own the first three seasons (minus one disc which has gone missing). I have watched about 2 or 3 episodes since it has returned. I just feel like it has been trying to get cancelled again. They have upped the contraversiality and randomness, and I just don't care anymore. If it wasn't for a couple of episodes in those first seasons (and the fact that I'm missing a disc) I would probably sell them.
Futurama. I've about reached my saturation point for this series. After about 4 viewings of each episode my interest has waned. I've thought about selling them, but my love for the secondary characters keeps me going.
God, The Devil, and Bob. A very shortlived animated series (I think only 4 of the 12 or so episodes aired) that I loved at the time. I found out it was on DVD and searched for and bought it. It isn't as good as I remember, but I'm still glad to own it, particularly for its complete obscurity.
Made in Canadia. Another reasonably obscure show. Aired on CBC back in the late 90s - early 00s. Lasted 5 seasons (pretty long for a Canadian show) but I've met few who've heard of it, fewer who watched it. They've only released one DVD (season 1), and it is about as barebones as they come. I could've created better menus. Absolutely hilarious, and I would kill for the entire series to be released. Stars Rick Mercer and throughout the seasons probably had every stock Canadian actor in it, particularly if they ever did a spot on Red Green.
Wonderfalls. Has a considerable cult following. A nice little show starring the fantastic Caroline Dhavernas. It also only aired about 5 episodes of the season. There is something about it that makes it feel quite amateur, but I really like it nonetheless.
Firefly. Also cult following, but this one you probably know. Actually shares a producer (I think) with Wonderfalls. A fantastic show, and a real shame it was cancelled.
Dead Like Me. Interesting premise and I blind bought season 1 because it was quite cheap. I was not disappointed. The main character bothers me some, but the show itself is fantastic. I went out to find the second (and last) season and everywhere I looked it was quite expensive. Then I just decided to check the Future Shop next to my work, and they had it for under $20, and I was ecstatic.
Arrested Development. Unlike most people, I actually was watching this when it was on TV. The most brilliant show ever. I can't see anything ever passing it. Hilarious, dense with small, obscure, sometimes unnoticable (until a second, third, fourth or fifth viewing) jokes. It makes me happy every time I watch it, and I still laugh after many viewings.
Band of Brothers. Not really a show, but a mini-series. And one of the best war "movies" ever made. Pretty near flawless.

As you can tell, most of these were cancelled (including Family Guy when I purchased them). I have a hard time purchasing box sets when the show is still filming, mostly because it is a continuing cost. But between all of those listed, it is only 16 sets, 17 seasons.

Ones I plan on purchasing:

The Office (US). I hope it ends soon, because it is pushing its plot/characters too far, but I think it is absolutely great. I love the characters, particularly the secondary ones, and the style of the show is great. Will definitely be purchasing. I have them all up to the current one. Unfortunately, due to the hours I work, I can't watch them up to date. So I actually haven't seen this season at all yet.
Scrubs. Hilarious show. I really love it. Luckily my sister owns all the seasons, so I can just borrow them. Though I do plan on buying the series sometime.
House MD. I love it. I have all the seasons, but not the DVDs. Same thing as The Office, I have yet to see an episode from this season. I hate downloading one episode at a time. When the season is done I'll do the whole thing and watch it. I would like to purchase it, but there is a saturation point for me. Granted, it is after 4 or 5 viewings. But I have a hard time watching the first few seasons because I know what is happening.
Flight of the Conchords. Just hilarious. I've watched all but the finale this season (this is one I've actually been downloading from week to week, mostly because it doesn't have continuing plot, really). I own the CD, but none of the DVDs yet.
MASH. Great, great stuff. I've probably seen approaching 3/4 of the episodes. Way ahead of its time with the comedy, from what I can tell. I really want to buy the cool boxset (Martinis and Medicine), with the movie and all the seasons, but it is very expensive.

Others:

24. I've been keeping up with it because my roomate is a huge fan. The first and third season were great. The rest have been merely okay. But I watch it anyways.
How I Met Your Mother. I actually have watched very little, but I think it is quite funny, and I rarely find a new sitcom that I like. I hope to check it all out eventually.
And a bunch of Discovery Channel, Outdoor Life Network stuff. Like Mythbusters (apparently the guys were on CSI this week, I'm intrigued), Survivorman, Mantracker and a few others.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Lethal Interjection wrote: Made in Canadia. Another reasonably obscure show. Aired on CBC back in the late 90s - early 00s. Lasted 5 seasons (pretty long for a Canadian show) but I've met few who've heard of it, fewer who watched it. They've only released one DVD (season 1), and it is about as barebones as they come. I could've created better menus. Absolutely hilarious, and I would kill for the entire series to be released. Stars Rick Mercer and throughout the seasons probably had every stock Canadian actor in it, particularly if they ever did a spot on Red Green.
I second the being will to kill for the rest of that series. My dad owns the first season, and I have only ever seen the first season, and it ends on a cliff-hanger! I suppose it's my own fault for not getting into Canadian made things until I was an adult, but I would still love to see the rest of the series.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Life on Mars is a show that I intend to never miss. Having watched the last few episodes of an English version of the story last year, the American remake is living up to the expectation I was after. Also I catch Good News Week, an interesting, comedic and informal game show with two teams answering questions based on the enws of the week. How I Met Your Mother, House, and The Simpsons are also shows I tend to watch if nothing more important shows up.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I've watched many episodes of the simpsons before as a child, and I have to say that I love it. Rewatching it puts so many things into context nowadays. I now understand the concept of a tranny, instead of a man that just looked like a woman. I get it now.

I'm not a big junkie of television, but there are some favorites. Spongebob used to amuse me, but it is evident that when they nixed their former creative director, they targeted our wallets rather than our sense of humor. I could go on about children shows I find amusing, but I won't. Not now.

Colbert Report justifies me staying up at night. If I'm not watching it or not on the computer, I'm not up. Except for when I am.
I saw venture brothers at a very akward phase where the episode wasn't really all that funny due to not having any context of the situation. I found later episodes to be hilarious, such as when a third, typical henchmen joins the two unreliable but best agents. I think they're bee mercenaries, correct?
Just like an std, will never fully go away.