Any PC Gamers Have Recommendations?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Re: Any PC Gamers Have Recommendations?

Post by Rainbow »

LordRetard wrote:Ah, the innocence of a child!

I don't entertain these ideas for very long, because I can't ever really get past the thought of the day-to-day difficulties that would arise. Upon your thought, though, wasn't it Ahmet the Wise* who said that we'd just find other ways to judge people if we all looked the same?

*I guess that's not really what he's called.
Yes, yes, but I don't even mean racism or that mess, I mean other physical things. I personally can never stop judging girls by their appearance, myself included, and to not be able to do so would be freeing, I imagine. I love, too, to close my eyes and be filled with brighter colours than actually exist, and while I'm well aware actual blindness would not be like my fantasy, the concept in my mind is glorious.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Hmm, that sounds like drugs to me.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

LordRetard wrote:Hmm, that sounds like drugs to me.
No, not really. I've only ever done pot, but I mean poetry. Writing and thinking and closing your eyes create the world as a much more wondrous place than it is with eyes open. You close your eyes and dream that everything is exaggerated and you think of the thick and green and growing world and the majesty of life and then you open your eyes and start living and the wonder fades away. When I take the time to close my eyes I slide away into loveliness that lives in my brain only. I imagine blindness like this, except in reality when you open your eyes back up and let the wonder fade away, this time you can't see.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Sounds like closed-eye hallucinations to me. I'm not much for poetry, honestly. James Tate is the only poet that I really have taste for. I used to write poetry, but I hated myself for it and I stopped.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

This is sexist, but I don't think men can write poetry anymore. Douchebags have ruined it for you guys. One of my two dream careers is to be an essayist that writes rants about life in lovely prose. I like poetry, but it's so often lame that I don't jump to say I love it. I think this is outweighed, however, by how brutally amazing poetry can be. Poems can trip you into a state of love and connect with you as can essays that just talk endlessly about whatever and make you feel the thoughts run in someone else's head. I have a serious love for Beat writing, quite inspired by my teacher from camp. He was straight out of the Dead Poet's Society or something, it was quite amazing. We went to an intersection to write one time and we spent pretty much the whole class doing Kerouac writing. It's so liberating I can't even say.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

You want a real optimistic take on what it would be like to be blind? Watch Blindness. Seriously.

Phoenix
Easily burned, but always comes back for more

Post by Phoenix »

I used to be pretty good at writing poetry, but never really got into it. Everybody says well written poetry is beautiful, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. I've found that instead, I love finding the right music to fit my mood. The right music just puts me at ease, and gives me a different view on things, and life in general. It's like drugs, but without being illegal, or having to worry about coming down :P Cheaper, too.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

You clearly have not spent enough time searching for poems you connect with which is, to be fair, a horribly painful thing to do. The internet isn't the best place to find poems and poetry books are usually just well-known poems, so it's quite a hassle. My little poetry gem is The Wondering Minstrels. It's one of the best databases for poetry because the poems it has are mostly just really good ones. It's worth checking out, and if you spend time looking on there and still don't find anything you like, maybe you are right and you just aren't one for poetry. I wouldn't say poems are beautiful, actually, but wonderful, yes. They can connect with me if they can, and that's hard to explain. It's brilliant, though. Wislawa Szymborska is one of my favorite poets.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I've been published with every work I submitted for poetry. Alas, I'm essentially depressed, and can't focus on these things.
I'm not talking your pansy-ass depression, I mean, manly, what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-my-brain kind of depression.
I know I'm depressed and that it could be solved with a pill, but since I'm not going to kill myself or anything, I can deal with it.

Yeah. A ton of girls agreed my poetry is very sweet, but that they don't find me attractive. I don't think it helped that I was going around asking every woman how attractive I was. About 6 out of then they said. But they're ghetto, they suggested I get a shape up and stuff to be more attractive. I think I should get a second opinion. AND NOT FROM ANYONE THAT IS ATTRACTED EVEN PARTIALLY TO WOMEN!
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

AHMETxRock wrote:I've been published with every work I submitted for poetry. Alas, I'm essentially depressed, and can't focus on these things.
I'm not talking your pansy-ass depression, I mean, manly, what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-my-brain kind of depression.
I know I'm depressed and that it could be solved with a pill, but since I'm not going to kill myself or anything, I can deal with it.

Yeah. A ton of girls agreed my poetry is very sweet, but that they don't find me attractive. I don't think it helped that I was going around asking every woman how attractive I was. About 6 out of then they said. But they're ghetto, they suggested I get a shape up and stuff to be more attractive. I think I should get a second opinion. AND NOT FROM ANYONE THAT IS ATTRACTED EVEN PARTIALLY TO WOMEN!
Post ur poetries. I write poetry that I hate because I will never, ever be satisfied with anything I write or draw. People tell me it's good and I won some awards and crap for writing, so people are all "you should be a writer, omg, that's so good" and this happens when I write total bullshit crap and beat out OTHER EIGHTH GRADERS. Needless to say, the only thing I like writing is Kerouac style (which I love so, so much) and it always ends up pretty sadistic, graphic, cynical, or perverted. To anyone who has not done Beat writing: do Beat writing. It is the best thing ever. Write exactly what you are thinking and just keep writing and writing and letting your mind twist.

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

Rainbow wrote: To anyone who has not done Beat writing: do Beat writing. It is the best thing ever. Write exactly what you are thinking and just keep writing and writing and letting your mind twist.
I did that once and discovered the purpose of everything. There is a well known theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable*. I made that happen and was allowed to keep the memory as both a punishment and a reminder never to write poetry ever, ever again.

Total Douglas Adams ripoff right there
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Rainbow wrote:People tell me it's good and I won some awards and crap for writing, so people are all "you should be a writer, omg, that's so good" and this happens when I write total bullshit crap and beat out OTHER EIGHTH GRADERS.
HEEEY, THIS SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. But then I won again recently and won a thousand dollars and that is what finally truly gave me that tiny bit of self-validation as a writer that I needed. I also looked back on my eight grade write and was like "god dammit this is so stupid the paragraphs don't even go together jesus christ I'm redundant and this is so lame" but then I remembered I was an Eight Grader and I was like "aight, I'll let it go this time".

Also I do write and enjoy writing poetry. Some of it is a little silly and some of it is pretty cool I think. I'm excellent at thinking in 5/7/5 syllables so I'm really good at writing haikus and I even wrote a whole story in haiku format(multiple haikus put together and it's not just formatted in 5/7/5 syllables but each haiku is a separate thought and piece of the story).

In fact, I'mma go find my poetries and post 'em up in writing and art.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

I had to write a bunch of poems for my Writer's Craft class in grade 12, probably the last time that I bothered to write poetry. A couple of them were really, really awful. I think I got the highest mark in the class at the end of the year (though that was probably due to the Blawg we did for our summative, which, once again, was really shitty and did really well). I put it together with double-sided tape and those ring-fixer tapes, wrote a bunch of shit on it, and called it "A HISTORY OF FUTILITY AND THE VILE: A LOOK AT THE HEROES OF MANKIND THROUGH THE EYES OF THE DIVINE". I don't think I could've possibly picked a more awesome/batshit title. Here's one of them; not the most representative of the collection, but the one that people found funniest and therefore, in my opinion, the only one approaching any sort of quality (and not very close at that).
While The Jackass Operation Spins Its Wheels wrote:The Natural World is made out of rocks,
And trees,
And animals that are not humans,
And water,
And fire that is not made by humans,
And lightning,
Which is electricity that is not made by humans,
And thank God that He would divinely ordain
That everything on Earth is natural
Except for us.
I wonder how he made the distinction
When the average man doesn't give a damn
What you say is natural or not.
Note the poorly spaced lines; that's Artsy.

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

LR, you are so artsy, you should take to sitting in Starbucks and wearing inexplicable little hats.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

I really really enjoyed that poem. Good show, I say. Go post more.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow