Favorite Band

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Phoenix
Easily burned, but always comes back for more

Re: Favorite Band

Post by Phoenix »

I happen to agree that screaming vocals are preferable to bad or lazy singers. The vocals I enjoy the most are in flames style with the distorted screaming voice, not straight up unmodified, an example being their Black And White track, viewed here:

Black And White or Drenched In Fear

Melodic Death Metal ftw tho.

Dethklok too. :P

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Dethklok is the only Death Metal band I like, probably because I know it's a parody of one. Also, it's kinda funny that their album sold more than any real Death Metal band's.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Have you watched any of the dethklok TV episodes, or just know of them?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I've seen every episode. I love the show.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:Dethklok is the only Death Metal band I like, probably because I know it's a parody of one. Also, it's kinda funny that their album sold more than any real Death Metal band's.
No way man real death metal is underground. The only death metal band I like is Dim Mak and no one has ever heard of them before. That's the way it's SUPPOSED TO BE.

Really though, Dim Mak is pretty amazing.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

All I'm saying is that Brendon Small managed to bring some good Death Metal to the general public. I don't even like the genre normally, but I make an exception in Dethklok's case.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

That show is pretty amazing. Also LordRetard, they make fun of that whole underground thing in the episode where they go to visit Toki's home.

And they make subtle nods towards underground metal bands. Such as the grocery store being named Fintroll's.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Frostbite wrote:
And they make subtle nods towards underground metal bands. Such as the grocery store being named Fintroll's.
You mean the "food library" :P

Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

I thoroughly enjoyed Dim Mak, Lord Retard.

As funny as Metalocalypse is Dethklok is in no way a death metal band.

Harsh vocals do not always mean that it's death metal.

I mean christ, listen to Tom Waits.

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Feedbacker wrote:Hardcore/Trivium-esque bands are for people too pussy to handle straight-up melodic death metal.
Actually hardcore is wayyyyy more melodic than death metal. And assuming you mean old Trivium (Instead on new, shitty Trivium) then that first CD was pretty decent. I listen to hardcore because it doesn't put me to sleep like death metal does.

All death metal does is blast beats and double bass pedal the ENTIRE song behind guitar solos after guitar solos while the vocalist is highly incomprehensible. I bores me to tears.
Hardcore has beats, melody, breakdowns, choruses(depending on the band), two-step beats, more breakdowns. It is awesome.

But I'm jussayin. I don't want a flame war going on. I listen to All Time Low and Mayday Parade stuff more these days.

Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

hawhaw1267 wrote:
Feedbacker wrote:Hardcore/Trivium-esque bands are for people too pussy to handle straight-up melodic death metal.
Actually hardcore is wayyyyy more melodic than death metal. And assuming you mean old Trivium (Instead on new, shitty Trivium) then that first CD was pretty decent. I listen to hardcore because it doesn't put me to sleep like death metal does.

All death metal does is blast beats and double bass pedal the ENTIRE song behind guitar solos after guitar solos while the vocalist is highly incomprehensible. I bores me to tears.
Hardcore has beats, melody, breakdowns, choruses(depending on the band), two-step beats, more breakdowns. It is awesome.

But I'm jussayin. I don't want a flame war going on. I listen to All Time Low and Mayday Parade stuff more these days.
As much as I disagree with ALOT of this, I definitely don't want to start a flame war. Those are teh sucks.

Really though you should listen melodic death metal. Not death metal. Melodic death metal. Yes it is a genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CffJeVSAJk8

There's an In Flames Video from when they were good, and if you honestly don't find the melody in that I really don't know what to tell you. Haha.

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Oh well In Flames is very very good. I thought you meant regular death metal. Which to me, is boring. haha

Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Well generalizations are bad, dear sir.

Wasn't there a discussion somewhere on here about how there's always a diamond in the proverbial rough for every genre?

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Frostbite wrote:That show is pretty amazing. Also LordRetard, they make fun of that whole underground thing in the episode where they go to visit Toki's home.

I haven't watched a lot of Dethklok, although I liked Mike Patton guest starring as Rikki Kixx. It's a very funny show but the music that they do is just plain boring and kind of lousy.
hawhaw1267 wrote:All death metal does is blast beats and double bass pedal the ENTIRE song behind guitar solos after guitar solos while the vocalist is highly incomprehensible. I bores me to tears.
Dim Mak, man? Brandon Thomas = best drummer I've ever heard, and the vocalist is surprisingly clear.

I find melodic death metal sounds a little silly. Whatever.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Feedbacker wrote:Well generalizations are bad, dear sir.

Wasn't there a discussion somewhere on here about how there's always a diamond in the proverbial rough for every genre?
That was six days ago, that's almost a whole week. How can anyone be expected to remember that? Yeah, I have nothing of value to add to this discussion.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.