Wolverine

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

tehcooliest

Re: Wolverine

Post by tehcooliest »

I actually thought that the movie was quite predictable, even containing the slow-mo walkaway from the exploding vehicle.

I also thought that the special effects were quite bad. My two favorite characters in the movie, however, were sabertooth and Gambit. I didn't even realize it was the same actor from Friday Night Lights' Tim Riggins until the very end.

grayjaket

Post by grayjaket »

super mario wrote:that movie didn't actually address the initial point, you know, the origin.
It should follow the example of hulk and superman, where they tell you how he actually got the powers, its all very good saying oooh shit look they got the x gene,
BUT HOW!!!!

Really? Did you really just say that?

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

We can't say for certain whether or not he did, but we do have enough evidence to suggest he did type it.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

A Gram of Soma

Post by A Gram of Soma »

I had fun watching it. It was by no means a good movie, but I didn't go into it expecting it to be, just fun to watch.
Like all things Spanish, it is dangerous.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

I went in expecting it to be good and was horribly surprised. I now pretty much despise this movie.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I really really hated the ending. I quite enjoy Deadpool. And then that happened. No. Just, no.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I much prefer Deadpool when he's horribly mutated and kidnapping old ladies I think.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I do not at all. Anger.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

AmnioticDruid

Post by AmnioticDruid »

How many people are happy to hear?
Crucify the Eggo, motherfuckers.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'd be happier to hear it if I hadn't assumed it the second I knew Reynolds was cast as him.
Deadpool has been big bucks for Marvel lately, and to not have a Deadpool movie would be surprising.
I knew Ryan Reynolds was cast because they were hoping for further franchise bankability with him. Also he fits the role pretty well.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

No no no no no no NO!

This was the most godawful comic book film in the entire friggin' world. So bad that we spent three hours at work yesterday just listing all the things wrong with it. I'm also steadfastly refusing to go see the Deadpool film because Fox are making it and I'm sick of watching them ruin characters. I am entirely unsure why they even have the rights to Deadpool when he's never really been involved with X-Men beyond the occasional one-shot and Cable & Deapool.

But aaaaargh, I hate this film.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Jesster wrote:I am entirely unsure why they even have the rights to Deadpool when he's never really been involved with X-Men beyond the occasional one-shot and Cable & Deapool.
They bought the rights? And I'm assuming that any Deadpool movie will probably be just that. Not necessarily under the X-men movie franchise. Though we'll see, I suppose.

Also, I don't understand why so many people have been militantly against this movie. I agree that it wasn't great, but hate? Really Jesster? It was entertaining if nothing else, which gives it something already. There aren't many movies at all that I would say hate about, and those movies were infinitely worse than Wolverine.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

See my biggest issue is they Deadpool very Right at the beginning of the film. Reynold's shows us he can do the character spot on then the.. travesty at the end of the film. I have some vague hope the spin off movie they'll remove the knives that are longer then his thighs from his fore-arms and some of the other monkery they did with him and go back more to that. Maybe actually cover the cancer story that's how he gets spliced with Wolfies DNA in the first place.

Over all I enjoyed the movie, I went in expecting cannon to be shat on, pain to be brought to much of my cerebral cortex in any sort of comparison to the comics and -it wasn't as bad as I expected-. Really after X3 part of me was convinced Wolverine was going to be an experiment of weapon X to start and his mutant healing factor due to genetic experiments or something equally god awful. As is a lot of is corny, but surprisingly much of it is actually from the comics and close if not exactly cannon.

Gambit's hair was auburn btb, confused why your saying its not. Dark auburn but still red cast enough to be not brown. Then again, I never liked that character much so I didn't care... his fight scenes were kick though.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

The version I downloaded had unfinished CGI. It made it funnier in parts, but I haven't got a fucking clue what happens at the end aside from a metric fucktonn of CGI. From what I could work out they gave Deadpool eyelasers (wat) and then a powerplant collapsed or something.
no u

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

your_face wrote:The version I downloaded had unfinished CGI. It made it funnier in parts, but I haven't got a fucking clue what happens at the end aside from a metric fucktonn of CGI. From what I could work out they gave Deadpool eyelasers (wat) and then a powerplant collapsed or something.

hahaha yup. Same here.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow