Wolverine

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Wolverine

Post by ZachWeiner »

Reminded me of Matrix 2. 15 minutes of needless fights with no resolution, then 10 minutes of vaguely philosophical talk accompanied by violin music. Repeat repeat repeat.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Wolverine

Post by mountainmage »

Oh well. Now I'll feel even less bad when I download it.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

The resolution between Wolverine and Sabretooth was amazingly stupid and annoying.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Well, his life is filled with deep philosophical issues. A man with his strength, his urge to fight, his sense of needed to do good, and his sense of needing to learn the truth, all in a world of super-powered beings. Some attempt to go for the greater good, others attempt to rule the world, and some just try to get by. The story of the hero requires something to be learned from every confrontation. The trials of hercules made him much more cunning, earned him world-wide renown, etc. Then his temporary willing enslavement taught him humility, as well as what it's like to be below the foot of a woman. The reason he had to do all that crap was to be forgiven for constantly killing his wife and family, after all.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Khazd
Triscuit Ninja

Post by Khazd »

AHMETxRock wrote:Well, his life is filled with deep philosophical issues. A man with his strength, his urge to fight, his sense of needed to do good, and his sense of needing to learn the truth, all in a world of super-powered beings. Some attempt to go for the greater good, others attempt to rule the world, and some just try to get by. The story of the hero requires something to be learned from every confrontation. The trials of hercules made him much more cunning, earned him world-wide renown, etc. Then his temporary willing enslavement taught him humility, as well as what it's like to be below the foot of a woman. The reason he had to do all that crap was to be forgiven for constantly killing his wife and family, after all.
He's Canadian. Nuff said.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I watched it this evening. Not as good as any of the other 3, though I still liked it. Deadpool was kick ass, but I'm not sure how they are going to resolve several things about him (they gave him more powers than he had, and then there is that other thing). And Liev Schreiber was great as Sabretooth. Also, Gambit was pretty ass-kicking as well. All together a great bunch of parts, but the whole wasn't great.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

I absolutely loved the updated image of Sabretooth- he's no longer in that silly scooby-doo villain type outfit.

THE CHOPS MAN.

The chops made it.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
bow chicka bow wow

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I just tonight, I must admit, I did like Sabre Tooth's mutton chops. Parts of it I really liked, other parts I thought were more meh.

Striker had issues, and I was actually a little disappointed that Deadpool survived, he scared me and I wanted him to die. I liked him a lot at the beginning though, which may have had something to do with that.

I listened to a Radio-Canadia review and they said their favourite line of the whole movie was when he was in the Rockie Mountains and he says, "I'm Canadian." Usually I'm not too big on nationalism, but I think this time I concur. I enjoyed that.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

smiley_cow wrote:Striker had issues, and I was actually a little disappointed that Deadpool survived, he scared me and I wanted him to die. I liked him a lot at the beginning though, which may have had something to do with that.
I assume there was a scene after the credits that I missed? I very much doubted he was gone, as they cast a reasonably big name, and Deadpool has become very popular in the comic world, so there was no way that was the end.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I have yet to see it, but I was told something that (if true) means that I never will see it.

Is it true that Gambit does not have an incredibly sexy Cajun accent?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:I have yet to see it, but I was told something that (if true) means that I never will see it.

Not much of one, no. He does occasionally have minor Cajun intonations, I believe, but not a full out accent.
I think they kind of learned their lesson that if they can't get a credible/bankable actor to do the accent justice, then just don't do it. Which I agree with. I wish they could go back to the first Xmen movie and just overdub all of Halle Berry's lines with her speaking normally rather than in that hack-and-slash accent.

super mario

Post by super mario »

that movie didn't actually address the initial point, you know, the origin.
It should follow the example of hulk and superman, where they tell you how he actually got the powers, its all very good saying oooh shit look they got the x gene,
BUT HOW!!!!

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I heard they all kinds of screwed up Deadpool, which makes me very irate.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:Striker had issues, and I was actually a little disappointed that Deadpool survived, he scared me and I wanted him to die. I liked him a lot at the beginning though, which may have had something to do with that.
I assume there was a scene after the credits that I missed? I very much doubted he was gone, as they cast a reasonably big name, and Deadpool has become very popular in the comic world, so there was no way that was the end.
Yeah, the film had two Easter Eggs, just to be extra sneaky.
Edminster wrote:I have yet to see it, but I was told something that (if true) means that I never will see it.

I was pretty disappointed about that too actually. He also didn't have sexy auburn hair. But the rest of him stayed pretty true to him I thought.

Except this eyes also only looked different when he used his powers. But this bothered my brother a lot more than it bothered me.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

I thought the whole super-charging of the staff and climbing up the wall was just ridiculous- unless they cut that out of the final cut.

Also my friends totally called that retarded line "I'm drinking to remember".
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
bow chicka bow wow