LAST DOT FM

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Re: LAST DOT FM

Post by AHMETxRock »

Thanks. I have cats you know.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

AHMETxRock wrote:I liked how the guys were fighting, but it wasn't homo-erotic at all. How they ripped off their shirts, and got on top of one another, and defiled the virgins among themselves, and that big man with those HUGE BREASTS...
Oh yes...
Hahaha you have now made me view that film in a completely different way, and for some reason like it more...
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

You are welcome. We are now internet friends.
I'll never, ever let you go...

Avalant
Ahmet's sex life

Post by Avalant »

AHMETxRock wrote:You are welcome. We are now internet friends.
Translation: you're fucked.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

AHMETxRock wrote:I liked how the guys were fighting, but it wasn't homo-erotic at all. How they ripped off their shirts, and got on top of one another, and defiled the virgins among themselves, and that big man with those HUGE BREASTS...
Oh yes...
Why are you aborting with Astasia? Sounds like it will be fun times man. Just lay back and think of Fight Club.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

AHMETxRock wrote:You are welcome. We are now internet friends.
Nothing like homo-eroticising films in people's minds for making internet friends ;)
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Fight Club was way homo-erotic. That's what it was about.

Rainbow
*~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Post by Rainbow »

If you play it backwards everything they say ends with 'honey' and the whole time they are listening to techno.
AHMETxROCK wrote:This is not quoteworthy.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Rainbow wrote:If you play it backwards everything they say ends with 'honey' and the whole time they are listening to techno.
You have no idea how true I want this to be.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Thomas Aquinas

Post by Thomas Aquinas »

That book (doesn't work on the movie, since Helena Bonham Carter's face is everywhere) works better if every time they say the name "Marla" you mentally replace it with "Marty."
not actually a saint.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I always feel weird talking to people who've read a book I have and come out missing the main message. Like this one roomate I had read my copy of "I am Legend" right before the movie came out, then could not understand how the movie differed hideously from it. Then again, the guy also couldn't fathom anything but the most blatant of the story lines going on it the story before said movie so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He rarely read if ever though, the only other book I ever saw him read was Ender's Game (just the first, not the rest of the series.). I'm sure if he read fight club he'd miss the whole tyler/cornelias(yes I use the movie name for convience)/marla triangle. People always get different things reading a book, at least one thats written decently. I can't think of a book that isn't written in big type for kids thats simple enough not to have a debatable plot/meaning to it.

I wanted to destroy something beautiful.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Asherian wrote:I wanted to destroy something beautiful.
I know, like really, right? Totally get that feeling, all the time.

I remember my Writer's Craft class was exceptionally weird because of that, and while everyone else's work was fairly straightforward, I usually picked extended metaphors that I considered dubious later when no one would get it without me explaining things. And then, of course, they'd find it was so obvious. Furthermore my writing style was so confusing that they'd miss important plot details. Some time later, someone came up asking about one of my favourite and most notoriously unclear stories and said, "so, did the main character kill the other guy's sister or something?" The joke is that that was what the story was about. Because that's when his "life" begins. That's why it's in the title in the story. It is so damn obvious!

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I joined a creative writing class senior year, but that became the guidance councelor's dumping ground for students with nowhere else to go.
I started working for the paper, and seeing as how that class got a bunch of 15 year old mommas and dudes that can't write half a paragraph, I carried half the paper myself.
Irony, I was practically the only person to do grammar and spelling edits. I'm nasty with spellcheck on my side.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

I've always loved the more ambiguous tales. I was speaking more of stories with multiple layers in that post more so though. I love Philip K. Dick novels for that reason, so very often they end on a "wait what?" note, or Roger Zelazny, though thats more for his lack of prose then intentional confusion I think. I have to admit, I'm interested to see what your story leaving them questioning if he killed the guy or not sounds interesting. The only product from my creative writing class I thought worth while was my piece that had "Wait are you talking about Santa Claus?" written across the top in big red letters... Wish I still had a copy of the thing around somewhere.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

My story was multi-layered! It was deep and interesting and today I could probably write a lot better! I always debate if I'm going to post a story or not because I'm always pretty uncertain if my story is good or plainly terrible. I will say this much, though; I did not put any intentional ambiguity in that story. If the reader thought for themselves they could figure out the whole story, because it is extremely straight-forward. I was shocked by how much trouble people had reading it, even if they said that they liked it, so I don't know what that means for me exactly (I don't really trust people when they say "it's good, really!" even if they want me to believe them).

I think what made it most clear was a friend who read it and explained to me, "you can either simplify everything and make it really clear, or you can make it kind of murky and more ambiguous and confusing." It's kind of hard to hear someone say "people simply don't like your writing style" but it's probably important that I did.