My review of Eternal Sonata

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

My review of Eternal Sonata

Post by HARDKORE »

This is a dreamy game. Let me say that again, it is a game about a dream. The dream of Mr. Frederic Chopin. The great piano player. It takes place in his dreams. At the end of chapters, you can hear his music and read about 10 min worth of info while listening to it. The main characters and towns of this game are all musical. Ritardando (Gradually slowing in tempo) is one of the main towns. Throughout the game you will find score pieces. You can use them to play sessions with other characters. Score high enough and you got a bonus item.

Plot

You start out as Polka. She is sick. In this world, sick people can use magic so she is an outcast because of that fact. She meets Frederic and they set out to save the people from being turned into monsters. Along the way that meet the HARDKORE of the game. His name is Allegretto. He wilds the sword. Along the way, he and Polka fall in love.

Graphics

They are not normal third like in star ocean. They are cartoonish in nature. I like them. I played it in 720. To each his own in the graphics department.

Add-ons

You can download a pack that lets you have all the score pieces to start the game with. You do not need to because all the pieces in the pack are found in the game.

Story line

It is just like one big long story. They only side quest is a set of barters to get some stuff. On the second play threw you can go to the other side and bring a character back to life if you want.

Battle system

This sucks. Each character has like 5 seconds to move and attack. You have to be thinking 3 or 4 turns ahead to do any good at this game.

Overall

3/5 with second play threw 2/5

If you like RPG then go for it. If not stay away.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Re: My review of Eternal Sonata

Post by LordRetard »

I thought a lot about getting this game, I just still don't know if its connection to Chopin makes it worth playing.

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Re: My review of Eternal Sonata

Post by HARDKORE »

Well you will learn about him. You will also learn some about the TB.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."