My review of Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

HARDKORE
The Heavy

My review of Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post by HARDKORE »

If you all like the movies then this is right up your ally. Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, and Ernie Hudson, have their voices and likenesses in the game. Third person shooter. You play as a rookie Ghostbuster working with the guys.

Plot and Game play

The game takes place after the second movie. The bad guy from the first movie, Walter Peck is in this one. You find him in chains later on in the game. Basically it is the same as the movie. Bust the ghost. You fallow a set story line. Most of it is like the movie.

The Big Guy

That’s right. You can have a Ghostbusters game without him. The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is in the game. He is big.

Movie references

They are several of these. Gozer, Ivo Shandor, the fire house. You can even cross the streams.

Graphics and controls

I got this for my wii. It was 20 bucks cheaper. They are the 360 but I didn’t have the ester 20 bucks. They are still good. The controls are a bit trick to get the hang of. Especially when you don’t got enough space to fully move like a wii player should.

Overall

2/5 or 3/5

Rent this. it’s a good game in all, just not worth 60 bucks. Its not a long game and you could finish it in a few days. It would be worth buying if it had a new story line and new ghost. Its basically like they took the best parts of the movies and made the game out of it. Ecto 8 the boat is cool.
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

Asherian
Token Erisian

Re: My review of Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post by Asherian »

My soon to be new roomate has it on the 360, everything I've seen shows it to be a Very different game then the Wii version, at least partially cause the wii can't handle the higher processor requirements.

The voice acting/script is amazing absolutely hilarious to listen to. The game play seems to be pretty straight forward. Its a game to play for the script/story, with fun easy controls along the way. He's not very far in so this could change at some point, but as it stands its not a game to get to prove your leet skills or with a huge amount of replay value based on that kind of thing. The thing that sucks is while it does have multiplayer its only over live, not even just over lan like Left 4 Dead was for instance. Still can entertain multiple people with its antics, just no playing with each other unless you subscribe to our overlord microsoft.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches