What games are you playing right now?

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Post by wolf »

Kaharz wrote:Started replaying Final Fantasy VII on PC. I got it when it was cheap during the last steam sale. I haven't played it since its release a long time ago. I'm enjoying it and it passes the hours I spend sitting it my truck at work in a mud hole waiting to have to do something.
FF VII for PS is what got me hooked into gaming. I can't bring myself to get rid of my copy or the system to play it.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

wolf wrote:FF VII for PS is what got me hooked into gaming. I can't bring myself to get rid of my copy or the system to play it.
I had remembered the materia system being my favorite magic system from the FF series. I had forgotten how much of a pain in the ass it can be to sort through and arrange it all whenever you switch characters. Overall I think it is the best game of the series. FFI was what was responsible for getting me hooked on video RPGs. I haven't owned a console in a while, so X was the last one I played. Now I always have to wait for PC ports to play them.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

While I've never played (and never really had any interest) I have watched my former roommate play it aplenty. And I agree, it is the best game, and the best leveling/magic system. Though I did kind of like the card game thing in VIII.

wolf

Post by wolf »

Kaharz wrote: I had remembered the materia system being my favorite magic system from the FF series. I had forgotten how much of a pain in the ass it can be to sort through and arrange it all whenever you switch characters. Overall I think it is the best game of the series. FFI was what was responsible for getting me hooked on video RPGs. I haven't owned a console in a while, so X was the last one I played. Now I always have to wait for PC ports to play them.
That was fantastic! If you had the right combos you could have cast resurrect/summoned the phoenix and never die. Which pissed me off when Aeris died, why didn't anyone use a phoenix down? I mean come on! Her limit breaks were the best, although the PING noise her staff made when she did a physical attack use to annoy the shit out of me.

Lethal Interjection wrote:While I've never played (and never really had any interest) I have watched my former roommate play it aplenty. And I agree, it is the best game, and the best leveling/magic system. Though I did kind of like the card game thing in VIII.
The card game was cool but over all I felt that VIII was lacking after VII. At least VII had chocobo breeding, racing, the attack on Condor Tower middle game and WEAPONS. I don't think I ever beat the Ruby WEAPON.

The fact that I could go on and on about VII really drives home why I am single.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

This is a poll, but sort of a game? It's kinda fun, at least.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013 ... .html?_r=1&

It's geared towards Yanks, but those in the Commonwealth can still see roughly what parts of the US they speak most similarly to.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Well? Where are you linguistically close to? Apparently I'd fit right in were I to visit Yonkers, New York.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

It matched me with three cities: NYC, Baltimore, and Durham, NC (which is a couple miles down the road).

I took it again and it gave a couple different questions, which resulted in Durham being replaced with Arlington, VA and the other two the same.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

wolf wrote:The card game was cool but over all I felt that VIII was lacking after VII. At least VII had chocobo breeding, racing, the attack on Condor Tower middle game and WEAPONS. I don't think I ever beat the Ruby WEAPON.
I liked the card game from 8, but after getting a few powerful cards it just became way to easy. Ruby weapon was a bitch since it would only become vulnerable to damage if two characters were down and it counteracts knights of the round. There a few strategies that involve using stop on it, reviving your other two characters and going to town with limits and summons. The strategies work great when they work, but a lot of luck is involved. I can't remember how horribly long it took to finish that fight. I think it was almost half an hour and I took three or four attempts to get the timing right. It has been a long time since I did it though.
The fact that I could go on and on about VII really drives home why I am single.
I can to, I just refrain from doing it around my girlfriend, who plays no video games.

[quote='Liriodendron_fagotti"]This is a poll, but sort of a game? It's kinda fun, at least.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013 ... html?_r=1&.
[/quote]
I've taken a couple of these and this is the first one that actually pegged me as being from Baltimore. It gave upstate New York, Philadelphia and DC as alternatives, but put Baltimore as the most likely. I think most of these usually just omit Baltimore since you really only hear the accent in the Baltimore and Philly area anymore.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:It matched me with three cities: NYC, Baltimore, and Durham, NC (which is a couple miles down the road).

I took it again and it gave a couple different questions, which resulted in Durham being replaced with Arlington, VA and the other two the same.
I match up with New York, Yonkers, and Glendale, California.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I'm sorry but the little grey bugs that curl into a ball are Slatters. You people are all freaks.
It is only acceptable to call the night before halloween as All Hallows Eve eve.

Also it couldn't place me. It guessed three places. Yonkers, Providence, New York.
King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I got North Dakota, which wasn't a huge surprise since I live about an hour from there, and then oddly enough Baton Rouge. Maybe it's because our area has a large French population too and it's affected pronunciations?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Kimra wrote:I'm sorry but the little grey bugs that curl into a ball are Slatters. You people are all freaks.
It is only acceptable to call the night before halloween as All Hallows Eve eve.

Also it couldn't place me. It guessed three places. Yonkers, Providence, New York.
Unless you have a very specific accent, I think pretty much everyone gets multiple locations.

It also gives the ones you have the least in common with, so my current goal is to go talk to people in Dayton, Ohio.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Grand Rapids, Detroit and Buffalo.

That's funny. The latter two are the US border cities of Southern Ontario, and the latter is not far off (and also happens to be where my dad did a few years of uni).

wolf

Post by wolf »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Grand Rapids, Detroit and Buffalo.

That's funny. The latter two are the US border cities of Southern Ontario, and the latter is not far off (and also happens to be where my dad did a few years of uni).
Buffalo, Rochester and Newark for me. Which makes sense geographically. Buffalo area is probably the only part of the USA I've been to.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Apparently I'm going to start playing Diablo. Because a legit copy was given to me for christmas. So I must now play it. (It might be Diablo 3? I haven't looked at the box enough yet).
King Prawn