The Lovely Bones

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

The Lovely Bones

Post by FengharTheNord »

Son, I am disappoint. Wasn't that good. I mean it was good, but I don't want to own it, and it sorta wasn't worth seeing in theaters. Stanley Tucci was a-fucking-mazing though. But overall, just...meh. And the whole overall message that it seemed to give at the end pissed me off.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: The Lovely Bones

Post by smiley_cow »

I read the book ages ago but I still haven't decided if I'm going to see the movie or not. I worry about the fact that Peter Jackson made it; he makes good movies, he just makes them bigger and longer than they usually need to be.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:he makes good movies, he just makes them bigger and longer than they usually need to be.
Second'd

I mean, with LOTR it was understandable.
But King Kong? 3 hours? When it could've been cut at least an hour and would've been at least 100% better?

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

smiley_cow wrote:he makes good movies
He should have blown his brains out after making The Frighteners. The rest of his movies have been a waste of my time and attention.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

That's a lot of unnecessary violence.

Especially considering District 9 doesn't exist unless he produces it. So...you can go ahead and shut your damn mouth at any time.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Frostbite wrote:That's a lot of unnecessary violence.

Especially considering District 9 doesn't exist unless he produces it. So...you can go ahead and shut your damn mouth at any time.
Agree'd.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

As long as District 9 is not The Frighteners I am fine with that.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

And this is the part where I disown you as an internet forum acquaintance that I wasn't even really aware existed.

DEQUAINTANCE'D!
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

I've read this novel several times and I absolutely love it because I love it I will never see this movie. When I first heard that a movie was going to be made based on the book I was really interested in seeing it then I heard two names Mark Wahlberg (Marky Mark) and Peter Jackson.

I was heart broken; you have a great story and you pick those two. Really? Marky Mark is a horrible actor (he always seems confused to me) and Peter Jackson is well... Peter Jackson. I guess Michael Bay and Nicolas Cage were busy.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop