Post by smiley_cow »

Speaking of Nicolas Cage...
Cirtur wrote:It's pretty good.
Yes. Yes it was.

Movies I plan to see in the next couple months are:

Iron Man 2
The Trotsky
Gunless
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Re: Kick Ass

Post by carbonstealer »

It's been too long since a good superhero movie was in the movies (that is not completely comedy based). Really looking forward to Robert Downy Jnr suiting up again...
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Yeah although I think they give too much away in trailers now sometimes. I almost feel like I've already seen it.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

They may do that, but I often find out that although they've given away a complete storyline, while showing glimpses of quite key scenes, the movie still manages to somehow be ENTIRELY different. It's now one of my shameful pass times to watch the movie and then laugh at how the trailer misleads you into thinking it will be more sexy and exciting. Breakfast at Tiffany's vs trailer = win
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

300 appeared to have an epic trailer, but it was like the actual movie was just the trailer again with some filler to stretch out the time.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I was all revved up to love that movie, but it seemed to take itself too seriously, the narrator especially was a bit much. Then I watched it with riff tracks and could never take it seriously ever again

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

It was sort of similar with Watchmen. The trailer made it look all kinds of excellent - whereas the film was good but not fantastic, and disappointing compared to the source material.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I enjoyed the movie though. It got the feel of the comic downpat, even though I disagree with some of the things they changed, they did a good job at converting it to a movie. I've watched it at least ONE BILLION times now.. Nothing could ever live up to the graphic novel, but its still good to watch. Also, friggen' sweet sound track

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

carbonstealer wrote:I enjoyed the movie though. It got the feel of the comic downpat, even though I disagree with some of the things they changed, they did a good job at converting it to a movie. I've watched it at least ONE BILLION times now.. Nothing could ever live up to the graphic novel, but its still good to watch. Also, friggen' sweet sound track
I'm glad you do not regret wasting around 200,000 years of your life watching that movie.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Not a single millenium. As an immortal being, I rejoice in things that don't get old. Infinite time and a finite amount of things to do can make for a boring sunday afternoon

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

I too, have seen The Watchmen a numerous amount of times now. I think I'm glad I didn't get my hands on the graphic novel first, ita llowed me to enjoy the movie on its own merit first.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I found it better to know what was in the graphic novel first I think. A lot of my friends (who had heard me raving for a year about the movie coming out, so came and saw it with me, then spent the time alternating between being bored and giggling at the blue penis) told me they didn't understand what was going on, and so I explained it to them with my superior comic knowledge, and in doing so realised that a lot of the movie did rely on you already knowing what was going down (the opening credit montage which tells you so much, is really intuited mostly from comic knowledge)

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

I seemed to understand the backstory just fine just from seeing the opening montage. I guess thinking whilst watching a movie is not everyone's cup of tea though.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

some of my biggest moments of sadness are coming out of a movie and going THAT WAS AWESOME and the others turning around and saying "what a boring film"... Benjamin Button, Life is Beautiful, 500 days of summer...

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Sahan wrote:I seemed to understand the backstory just fine just from seeing the opening montage. I guess thinking whilst watching a movie is not everyone's cup of tea though.
The opening montage was probably my favourite part of the movie. I don't think there was a better way to give an intro and tell the backstory. Granted, I had read before watching, so I knew it going in.