Kick Ass

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: Kick Ass

Post by smiley_cow »

I watched the movie before reading the comic too; I had no problems following the story. I think the opening montage was sufficient so long as you were paying proper attention.
carbonstealer wrote:some of my biggest moments of sadness are coming out of a movie and going THAT WAS AWESOME and the others turning around and saying "what a boring film"... Benjamin Button, Life is Beautiful, 500 days of summer...
I feel your pain. I've never seen any of those movies but this is what happened to me with Last Night, Coward's Bend the Knee, The Adventures of Faustus Bidgood, etc...
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

All of my friends hated The Men Who Stare At Goats, because they are insane.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

That's a wonderful example of a movie where you marvel at its brilliance, feel that you've finally watched a movie that was worth the exorbitant cinema fee and then your friends sit there and say man, what a boring movie.
smiley_cow wrote:Last Night, Coward's Bend the Knee, The Adventures of Faustus Bidgood
Never even heard of any of those, but now I have an insane lust to find The Adventures of Faustus Bidgood,
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I don't usually get that with friends, as I don't watch movies with dumb people. Well, I guess I do, they just aren't there with me. I can't tell you the number of times I've gone to a movie and heard people make stupid-ass comments on their way out. Half the time I'm thinking, "What did you expect? Why did you even see this movie?" I've also had it with coworkers, especially those who love fluff films, but decide to watch a more cerebral film, only to complain about it. People who wanted Sherlock Holmes to be more like a film noire. People who were expecting Shutter Island to be... I'm not even sure, but not to have the twists and turns it did.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

carbonstealer wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:Last Night, Coward's Bend the Knee, The Adventures of Faustus Bidgood
Never even heard of any of those, but now I have an insane lust to find The Adventures of Faustus Bidgood,
I strongly approve of this endeavour, I loved this movie.* I wish you luck though, because it's tricky to find.

*Also note for the Canadians, all the members of CODCO are in this movie too!
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I managed to find Phil the Alien through legal channels, anything is possible.
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.