I Wanna Be the Guy

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Re: I Wanna Be the Guy

Post by carbonstealer »

She really does like the wench dresses, but then again how can I blame her when she has a figure so suited to wenching. On the subject of firefly... does it get anyone elses nose out of joint that they didn't reveal the secret mystery of Shepherd Book? 'Cos it was pretty mysterious
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I figured he was just a high-ranking member of the Alliance who was slumming it in an attempt to glean popular opinion out on the frontier where there wasn't as strong of an Alliance presence.

Then again I've never read the comics so I don't know if there is anything in there that contradicts my hypothesis.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Snarky00
/shrug

Post by Snarky00 »

It was my assumption that because he knew of the operatives he used to be one. The only people who would know of them are the operatives themselves, senators, and maybe the equivalent of a four/five star general . It doesn't make sense that he would be a senator or general because there would be more recognition from either of those positions. He probably joined the monastery because of remorse for some terrible deed committed while he was an operative.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Apparently they do explore it in one or another of the books, but I am not sure if it is done fully because Joss Whedon himself didn't seem so clued in about the back story
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Snarky00 wrote:It was my assumption that because he knew of the operatives he used to be one. The only people who would know of them are the operatives themselves, senators, and maybe the equivalent of a four/five star general . It doesn't make sense that he would be a senator or general because there would be more recognition from either of those positions. He probably joined the monastery because of remorse for some terrible deed committed while he was an operative.
Pretty much my assumption.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I am jealous of you then, for being able to reason such plausible back story. I could come up with nothing... there was no explanation that my feeble brain could come up with to explain such inexplicable treatment of a Shepherd. Hence why I was so peeved about them not explaining what I could not