LR's MOVIE OF THE NOW

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Re: LR's MOVIE OF THE NOW

Post by Sahan »

What would happen if I asked to join?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Sprinkles
[Insert Here]

Post by Sprinkles »

Now I think we're in Peru.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I've always wanted to visit Macchu Pichu. I'm in!
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

zomgmouse
ss No More!

Post by zomgmouse »

Sprinkles wrote:
Duck Soup
Yay!
Better chocolate than choconever.

Sprinkles
[Insert Here]

Post by Sprinkles »

Don't flatter yourself, I watched Yojimbo as well. The music was great. The plot was a rip-off of Fistful of Dollars, though.

zomgmouse
ss No More!

Post by zomgmouse »

Yay!
The plot was a rip-off of Fistful of Dollars, though.
Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
Better chocolate than choconever.

Sprinkles
[Insert Here]

Post by Sprinkles »

But it was a joke! I wasn't trying to make you angry I was having a friendly joke!

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Thief! You stole that from me in the funny pictures thread!
I'LL HAVE YOU HANGED FOR THIS MINOR TRANSGRESSION
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Kimra wrote:
Apocalyptus wrote:The prettiness of the tech does make sense in that the Prometheus is basically a corporate expedition, with all new and expensive bells and whistles. The Nostromo, being a low budget grubby mining vessel, may actually be older than the Prometheus but the company has no reason to replace it if it still works.
And the army ship in Aliens? It was surely fitted out with all the gizmos of the universe.
Weyland-Yutani severely underestimated the threat of the Xenomorphs so they sent a standard beat-up army vessel instead of a shiny expensive new one?
Honestly I think if they knew what they were dealing with they would have sent a whole lot more equipment and personnel, and maybe told them they were supposed to bring back some eggs so that it wouldn't just be some lone arsehole trying to do it for his own benefit.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

They always underestimate the sneaky bastards.
And there turns out to be predators too.
And cyborgs.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

If only the Alien vs Predator movies weren't so shit. Ah well, at least it's confirmed they're in no way canon anymore.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Who actually owns the right to decide what is cannon? I'm curious about it. H R Gieger would probably be the best bet, since he was the creator of the designs.... Or the original writer of the story? The guy who used Giegars* designs and created a story out of it. Or did Ridley (Ripley... coincidence?) ask that guy to write it... My god I have no idea! I've even watched the special commentaries and I have no idea. How is it possible not to know everything?!

*I'm gonna spell it differently each time in the hopes that one of them is right.
King Prawn

Dane Raider

Post by Dane Raider »

Canon isn't a legal situation at all, anyone can claim something in a given property is canon or not, it's up to you to decide who to listen to. In any case, H. R. Giger would only have rights over the design not the plot development of the property.
Being kinky is when you tickle your girlfriend's anus with a feather, being perverted is when you bypass that hassle and just start humping chickens.

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Kimra wrote:Who actually owns the right to decide what is cannon? I'm curious about it. H R Gieger would probably be the best bet, since he was the creator of the designs.... Or the original writer of the story? The guy who used Giegars* designs and created a story out of it. Or did Ridley (Ripley... coincidence?) ask that guy to write it... My god I have no idea! I've even watched the special commentaries and I have no idea. How is it possible not to know everything?!

*I'm gonna spell it differently each time in the hopes that one of them is right.
Hmm that is a good point actually, seeing as movies are by nature extremely collaborative. I'd say the original screenwriters and Ridley Scott would be the best bets, although probably no one person should have complete veto.
I guess it's just a matter of preferred canon and whom one wants to listen to, really.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

They might also have some agreements in their contracts about who owns the intellectual property.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.