5 people are stranded in an elevator

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Re: 5 people are stranded in an elevator

Post by carbonstealer »

Every movie maker has his horrible, horrible, bloody mess of mistakes. It just so happens that The Happening was this in pretty much all the senses of the phrase, including the one involving someone being masticated by a lawn mower.

Just look at Eragon. I'm not sure who directed that, but he surely deserves a death far worse than our young Indian colour fanatic.

Or Avatar... so very very pretty but such an unimaginative storyline. Such a step down from the Titanic... *wipes away tears* My heart will go ooonnnnnn and oonnnnnn
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Avatar was so awful, the fact that it was up for Best Picture just makes me want to punch James Cameron in the face extra hard. It was kind of worth it though, because then his ex-wife got to beat him in every category that matters.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

The look on his face when she won was pretty hilarious.

I have seen far far worse films, though. The story was mediocre, not really thought provoking or original.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, meh.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Well yeah, it was a big budget crap minded blockbuster. If it'd have been billed as that, I wouldn't be bothered. I'm bothered that's it's billed as this masterful piece of cinema.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

So basically the sci fi fans version of twilight
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I suppose so. It's for people that pretend to be sci-fi fans I think moreso. Just like Twilight fans pretend to be fans of vampires.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

The Cullens are not vampires. Sure, they drink blood, but they ain't got no aversion to anything holy, can chew on garlic if they please, and they freakin sparkle in the sunlight. SPARKLE. Plus they all have super powers (which is admittedly a vampirey thing from time to time) but none of it seems to involve turning into bats or flying. Its basically x-men for those with some seriously morbid sexual fetishes

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Plus they don't even have fangs.

Well I think Avatar will have been a good thing if it acts as a gateway drug to actual good science fiction for people who may not have tried it otherwise. Whether it will or not remains to be seen, however.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Apocalyptus wrote:Well I think Twilight will have been a good thing if it acts as a gateway drug to actual good fantasy for people who may not have tried it otherwise. Whether it will or not remains to be seen, however.
It will not.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Hey, my faith in humanity is hanging by a thread. Don't cut the thread, Ed. Please.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Cool fans will always like cool things and regular people/extreme weirdos will always like shitty things. It's how it goes.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I got told I like cool things because I am ugly and it makes me need to go and get a personality
Wan't sure whether to be flattered or insulted. I think i was mostly insulted

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

It's a perfectly valid piece of flattery, it's just a little backhanded. What's wrong with that?
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Because...because... I want to be so wonderfully wonderfully wonderfully prettyyy dooodoo doo
Also I'm a woman, so I am too frivolous to care anything about other than my appearance

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

That's, uh... a pretty insulting thing to say. Who said it to you?