What Are You Listening To Right Now? [REMIX]

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now? [REMIX]

Post by smiley_cow »

Gonna go see these guys perform live in just over an hour. Should be pretty good.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

They play that song all the time at my climbing gym. Hope it was good!
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

DonRetrasado wrote:They play that song all the time at my climbing gym. Hope it was good!
Yeah, they do a really good live show. You should check them out if you ever get the chance. I think you'd like them.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

They're doing a free show for the Parapan Am Games! Maybe I'll check it out if the crowd's not too brutal
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

DonRetrasado wrote:They're doing a free show for the Parapan Am Games! Maybe I'll check it out if the crowd's not too brutal
Oh that's good timing. Good luck!

Saw her tonight. Man, if anyone here ever gets a chance to see Tanya Tagaq perform live, it is definitely worth it, she is very good.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

She is also doing Parapan Am! Our government boondoggle finally pays off in the form of free concerts!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

DonRetrasado wrote:She is also doing Parapan Am! Our government boondoggle finally pays off in the form of free concerts!

Haha, oh nice. Is Digging Roots playing too?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Titanic Theme played on recorder.

I dare you to get through this without laughing. I dare you.

Make sure you stick around until the key change at about the 3min mark. It's worth it.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

smiley_cow wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:She is also doing Parapan Am! Our government boondoggle finally pays off in the form of free concerts!

Yes, in three days! I don't even know who they are!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

DonRetrasado wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:

Yes, in three days! I don't even know who they are!
I figured, all three played here on different nights, and they're all Juno award winning groups and we don't usually get groups of that calibre (local folk festival), so I figured they must have been touring together.

Digging Roots is good:

They're kind of Bluesy.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

That is really excellent. I love that it starts blues with a bit of a rap/R&B bridge.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

This song keeps getting stuck in my head. And the fact that everyones so happy in the clip just makes me happy. I'm a simple person.

King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

smiley_cow wrote:Digging Roots is good:
Managed to make it to Digging Roots! It was a pretty good show, down by the lake in one of Toronto's many mysterious and maligned patches of Astroturf. I don't go to a lot of blues shows which is regrettable.

Tangentially, Tagaq is on next Saturday, along with Derek Miller, another aboriginal Ontario blues guy my friend has recommended. Regretfully their sets are four hours apart so I might only go to see Tagaq (and also The Roots!!). And then on the Wednesday is A Tribe Called Red. I might go see them but I also have to work that day, so we'll see. This is exciting! I love not spending money! (even though I spent a stupid amount of money on a tiny cup of cider today, which also meant I didn't have enough money for a CD)

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

I am digging Digging Roots.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

DonRetrasado wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:Digging Roots is good:
Managed to make it to Digging Roots! It was a pretty good show, down by the lake in one of Toronto's many mysterious and maligned patches of Astroturf. I don't go to a lot of blues shows which is regrettable.

Tangentially, Tagaq is on next Saturday, along with Derek Miller, another aboriginal Ontario blues guy my friend has recommended. Regretfully their sets are four hours apart so I might only go to see Tagaq (and also The Roots!!). And then on the Wednesday is A Tribe Called Red. I might go see them but I also have to work that day, so we'll see. This is exciting! I love not spending money! (even though I spent a stupid amount of money on a tiny cup of cider today, which also meant I didn't have enough money for a CD)

Too bad about the lack of CD, but very happy that someone I know was able to make it to Digging Roots. Pretty much any other weekend and I would've done my best to attend.