Minecraft

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Minecraft

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Amerika wrote:Perhaps you've got it set so it only renders near things? Press Esc, then options.
I was thinking about checking that out. I'm not sure how it would've changed, but that occured to me at some point since yesterday when I played last.
Although I've been killed by baddies in the "daylight" on a number of occasions as well, so it couldn't be strictly the rendering (I assume that baddies stay out longer in the fog).

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

I don't think that's true.

Maybe it's the map, sometimes it's a snowy map, maybe you got fog?

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Do what I do to keep from getting lost and blaze a trail with torches every eight to ten steps. I'm gonna make a compass tonight and blaze a trail from my base to my spawn point because I was stupid and set up camp like a bajillion miles from spawn. Man did I breathe a sigh of relief when I stumbled across my campsite again after I died.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

It was my rendering.

Sick and tired of mining.

I want some dynamite.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Edminster wrote:Do what I do to keep from getting lost and blaze a trail with torches every eight to ten steps. I'm gonna make a compass tonight and blaze a trail from my base to my spawn point because I was stupid and set up camp like a bajillion miles from spawn. Man did I breathe a sigh of relief when I stumbled across my campsite again after I died.
This is basically what happened to me (since I didn't realise spawn point was A Thing). I also spent forever trying to build a canal from my spawn point to my base but that didn't go very well because there's no Infinite Water anymore and the level will always go down, so it ends up going about half-way, then connects to a stairway to an above-ground tunnel that leads into my mountain fort courtyard. Anyway I'm taking a break now because I ended up falling down a tunnel straight down and died (why did I dig that??) and by the time I managed to dig my way down again, my stuff was all gone (including my *diamond sword* and all of my goddamn iron). Also I have syntax homework but whatever.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I'm currently rocking a pretty sweet network of tunnels in the general vicinity of my home. I can go elsewhere now, but I've already started this one, so why start from the surface. I'm working on going deeper now, as I realise that is likely where I find the better metals. I've also realized how quickly a home/tent/shelter is pretty moot once you are in a well-lit tunnel. I mean even though mine is now open to the surface they still don't wander down, really.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I usually put walls and doors on everything and always put up torches so I've only seen monsters a handful of times (except when they inevitably kill me for wandering around outside like an idiot). However, even though I've hit the bottom of the map once I still have had only 2 diamonds, 20 redstones (in one densely-packed vein) and no gold whatsoever. Honestly you could trudge around the bottom searching for rare ores but to me it loses its lego appeal once you're just prowling around the bottom and digging your way through. Legoes are fun. I just like building shit (even though I spend way too much time digging up stone).
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Okay so I got tired of the long and roundabout way of getting to my camp because of all the jumping I have to do so I decided to DIG THROUGH THE MOUNTAINImage

This is how I found out that the floor of my house is exactly level with the spawn point, despite being as far away as it is (~90-second walk through the tunnel dug as the crow flies).
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Serious question:

How do I keep sheep out of my house? Every now and again I'll come back to my home base and there will be five goddamn sheep just frolicking away on my nice grass floor. I'm fine with when it is pigs and cows that spawn in from magictopia to take up space because they drop useful stuff, but I already have enough cloth to start an art museum if I made the only thing you can with it and that's all sheep ever fucking drop.

Is this something that can be changed or should I just resign myself to this woolen fate and start up Louvre II: The Undergroundening?

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:Serious question:

How do I keep sheep out of my house? Every now and again I'll come back to my home base and there will be five goddamn sheep just frolicking away on my nice grass floor. I'm fine with when it is pigs and cows that spawn in from magictopia to take up space because they drop useful stuff, but I already have enough cloth to start an art museum if I made the only thing you can with it and that's all sheep ever fucking drop.

Is this something that can be changed or should I just resign myself to this woolen fate and start up Louvre II: The Undergroundening?
I believe animals spawn anywhere there is grass. So until you upgrade to hardwood or stone floor, I think you are stuck with them.

Edit: Also, the site seems to be down again? So I can't play...

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Are you running it from your browser? Because if so just download it.

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:Are you running it from your browser? Because if so just download it.
No I had downloaded it but I just ran the program rather than saving it somewhere tangible. I knew I should save it somewhere I could find it, but I just automatically went through the "run" procedure (via "downloading" on the site) over and over.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbsssssssssss
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Amerika
Like Cirtur, only funny

Post by Amerika »

nobs?

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Doorknobs?
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."