Minecraft

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

ThePeople

Re: yo ed

Post by ThePeople »

damn, was looking forward to jacking in to people's cables, living a strange urban existence

i'll go join some stranger's server

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ThePeople wrote:damn, was looking forward to jacking in to people's cables, living a strange urban existence

i'll go join some stranger's server
Jacking into the people's cables sounds like a very masturbatory experience for you.

ThePeople

Post by ThePeople »

free electric

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Minecraft

Post by Edminster »

So I've been playing with the Toast: Crunchy modpack, and my main project has been building a moonbase. Click through for huge versions:

1. Living quarters for Testificates abducted for staffing purposes.
2. Main building. Houses workshop, command room, observation deck, lounge.
3. Airlock. I should probably have more than one, but effort.
4. Garage. If I can ever figure out how to make a moon buggy, it'll live here.
5. Radioactives Lab. This is where the fission reactor lives, as well as all the uraninite and refined uranium.
6. Landing/Launching pad.
7. Proposed site of Fusion Reactor. It's at the bottom of a nice crater and there are plenty of places to watch it from the base itself. Absolutely zero protection from meteor strikes, but it's the moon so it's not like it's going to catch everything on fire.

Right now I've started roughing in the Hydroponics Lab / Oxygen Production / Cloning Vats area. I have enough trees and oxygen collectors that I can refill my air tanks, but not enough power that I can completely seal the base and be out of my spacesuit. I'm currently in the process of building the fusion reactor which should be all the power necessary, and trying to figure the best way to implement the cloning vats. I have enough stored mob essence to reconstruct a bunch of villagers to populate the base when it is sealed up, I just don't have an aesthetically pleasing design for the room where they will be created.

Here's the back side of the base, where you can see the rough work and minor changes to the main base:
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Impressive.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

As far as buildings made of squares go, that is a very pretty building. : )

I admire your effort.
King Prawn

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

It's like you were an evil genius in a past life and are now stuck with the residual urge to construct ridiculously intricate and impressive lairs which you exorcise through videogames.
Bravo.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

It's nice and all, but is it a Nazi moon base?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

I... uh, should it be? I could probably make the fusion reactor in the shape of a swastika if it's that important. If it's only marginally important then I could just use the Molecular Disassembler and call it my Nazi Whirligig like I did with my last build:

Other shots of my house from a few versions back:
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

SKREEONK
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Well, nothing I make looks cool as that moonbase. Maybe it's because I still make all those claustrophobic underground tunnels. Also, I rebuilt the prison I made back on the old SA server; it's a lot harder when I don't have the mods to handle the lighting/elevators.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I think the windmill was a better evil lair hideout, because it's so much less expected.
King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Yeah but once it gets out that one person has an evil lair in a windmill, then everyone puts their evil lair in a windmill, and all of a sudden it's like, you're not fooling anyone.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

DonRetrasado wrote:Well, nothing I make looks cool as that moonbase. Maybe it's because I still make all those claustrophobic underground tunnels. Also, I rebuilt the prison I made back on the old SA server; it's a lot harder when I don't have the mods to handle the lighting/elevators.
The lighting can actually be handled by vanilla minecraft now, and slightly cleaner to boot. Just use Redstone Lamps and Repeaters and you have the system I installed in your prison. I don't envy you recreating the bank of switches though; that was a pain in the ass to figure out.

The things that you can't make are the elevator and the showers, because the showers required a t-flip-flop for which there is no compact analogue in vanilla. You could probably get away with just a lever but the button looked so much cleaner.

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Yeah but can I make blocks disappear to let water through? Trap doors/etc. block fluids even when open