Eye Clawing Horrors

Moderator: Lethal Interjection

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Eye Clawing Horrors

Post by Kimra »

He invaded their planet, forced them to labour for him, and then... beats them up? I love the morals of old movies.
King Prawn

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

The special bit is the guy in the polar bear suit, which is a supposedly suspenseful scene.
Suspensefully hilarious.
Last edited by Apocalyptus on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

zomgmouse
ss No More!

Post by zomgmouse »

Better chocolate than choconever.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Kimra wrote:I love the morals of old movies.
I am a personal fan of Greece. The good, wholesome virgin girl who dresses modestly and does well in school decides to take up leather, smoking and slutty clothes in order to get a guy and that is the happy ending of the story (not the complication in the middle as it would have been with any new film)
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

carbonstealer wrote:
I am a personal fan of Greece. The good, wholesome virgin girl who dresses modestly and does well in school decides to take up leather, smoking and slutty clothes in order to get a guy and that is the happy ending of the story (not the complication in the middle as it would have been with any new film)
I like Greece, too. I hope to visit there sometime.
But I haven't a clue what that has to do with this girl you speak of.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

It's a movie. Stars John Travolta as Zeus.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

carbonstealer wrote:
That has always irked me. Since I was about 12 and had an understanding of things beyond the awesomely bad music in it. I would see the girls in my school wanting to have their own 'turn into a slut for the man you love' love story. It was depressingly sad. But I still love the movie, I just think the moral sucks.
King Prawn

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Grease, sorry. I was a little bit drunk while making that post, not up to the challenges of homonyms. It is interesting that it was much like that in the 80s films. Look at 16 Candles. If it was a current movie, the nerdy kid would have been a fraction taller and she would've made it with him, because she would have realised that the tall handsome jock she was after was shallow and only wanted her for sex.
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Yeah, I think I watched that the first time around 11 or 12 and even then I thought there was something wrong with it. Though I remember comforting myself with the fact that Danny still wanted to be with Sandy before he saw the new her, so the makeover was entirely unnecessary. Looking back though I think that's a pretty small consolation.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

zomgmouse
ss No More!

Post by zomgmouse »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:It's a movie. Stars John Travolta as Zeus.
Hence the lightning.
Better chocolate than choconever.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Look, there's an unwritten rule among men. And I'm going to write it: no uggos. So even if he did love her, unless she's wearing a disgusting inch-thick crust of makeup he can't see her. Otherwise we're gonna stone him to death, Shirley Jackson style.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Don't forget The Breakfast Club, where the moral was, it's okay to do your own thing, but learn to dress like a princess if you want a happy ending.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Yeah... but the rest of it was okay. I liked the freak girl when she was a freak though. Way more interesting then.
King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I remember discussing that in English class actually. It went something like this: Everyone has an unlikely pairing (a la midsummer night's dream) and everyone ends up pairing off quite well except the nerd. Why is that? It's because he's immature and doesn't fit in. He needs to grow up and become a regular human being. English class was very rough on people like me.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

The nerd? Do you mean the idiot / ass? He was slapstick comic relief, they never pair off.
King Prawn