Inspirational Poster

For original creative work. For the love of Zach, read Rule 30.

Moderator: Kimra

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Inspirational Poster

Post by mountainmage »

Well, I posted this "inspirational" poster I made on deviantart, and it seemed to get positive reviews. What do you think?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Husper

Post by Husper »

Its alright. Better than quite a lot of those inspiration things that get made.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'm hoping you know where the origin of the mock inspirational posters came from? Well, maybe not the origin, but it has been around for over 7 years.
Anyways, it is the site despair.com. Hilarious stuff. Most specifically, their demotivators, which are the posters in question (they also sell mock candy hearts and mugs). Here they are, in alphabetical order.
These guys are the best.

I do enjoy the homemade ones, on occasion. Yours is pretty good.
I just think it loses something when you aren't putting some tacky stock photography as the center picture. Or at least loses the parody of the original medium.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

That site is hilarious, espescially the shirts. if I only wasn't a cheapskate entirely dependant on my parents for funds, I'd buy a few of them, like Consistency and Worth.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Yeah, the tacky stock photos are what started it, but there's only so much you can make fun of with a sunset or waterfall or eagle, etc.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

mountainmage wrote:Yeah, the tacky stock photos are what started it, but there's only so much you can make fun of with a sunset or waterfall or eagle, etc.
Or at least, there is only so far you can go with a limited supply of stock photos (which is true of the general public).*
Unfortunately, it has further digressed though, into "Hey, here's a funny photo, lets throw some black matte around it and call it a motivational poster!"

*Stock photos can be lucrative. I have a friend who is a professional photographer, and there a places that pay quite well for that kind of stuff. So he does that to support himself, and does it more artistically as his actual interest.