FAQ [For the less clever, answers are inside]

Blame Quintushalls for this.

Moderators: NeatNit, Kimra

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Re: FAQ

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

I'm noticing a negative correlation between the hilarity of any given comic and the number of comments made on it.

This may have been obvious to everyone else, but I thought it was interesting.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

I don't really read the comic with any sort of diligence or regularity (every coupla weeks I sort of binge through what I haven't seen yet), so seeing the date on the topic title doesn't really mean much to me, so would it be easier (for ME, PERSONALLY, and maybe some other people, but fuck them, this is about me) if you included a link to the specific comic when you create a thread?
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

WELL FUCK YOU THEN

edit: sorry, I went to press "save draft" with the anticipation of loading this post up when my idea is rejected, but I accidentally clicked submit instead
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

I second that.
But you can look them up at http://www.smbc-comics.com/archive/
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

I third that, it's a good idea.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I agree. I'm lazy, and if people have something to say, they can say it with links.
King Prawn

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Felstaff wrote:I don't really read the comic with any sort of diligence or regularity (every coupla weeks I sort of binge through what I haven't seen yet), so seeing the date on the topic title doesn't really mean much to me, so would it be easier (for ME, PERSONALLY, and maybe some other people, but fuck them, this is about me) if you included a link to the specific comic when you create a thread?
Felstaff wrote:WELL FUCK YOU THEN

edit: sorry, I went to press "save draft" with the anticipation of loading this post up when my idea is rejected, but I accidentally clicked submit instead
You know, I read your posts and think to myself "Maybe people from XKCD aren't that bad".

Then I go and look at their forums and am reminded of why i am racist against them.

What I am saying is that you are one of the good ones, Felstaff.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

They're a RACE?
The fuck am I reading
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:They're a RACE?
Well I mean inasmuch as "subhuman" is a race yeah.
GUTCHUCKER wrote:The fuck am I reading
I believe it is called an "internet forum".
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Edminster wrote:
GUTCHUCKER wrote:They're a RACE?
Well I mean inasmuch as "subhuman" is a race yeah.
Yes, the non-Gippos are kind of inferior. It doesn't mean they shouldn't have some rights. For instance, I think they should be fed semi-regularly.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

NeoTechni

Post by NeoTechni »

Instead of having "Discuss this comic in the forum" 10 times, how about just 1 link? Since they all link tot he same URL.

Or at least link to an automatically generated thread for the comic.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Automatically generated? Bah, I guess you can code that.

Also most everything else you said made no sense to me. Where are all these links? Do we have control of them, or does Zach? Because there is a difference.
King Prawn

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

NeoTechni wrote:Or at least link to an automatically generated thread for the comic.
Yes because what we need is empty threads for shitty comics. As it stands only two thirds of the comics seem to have enough of an impact for people to want to comment on them, and of those only half actually produce discussion longer than a page.

So yeah, if you want this place to have an even lower signal to noise ratio then automatically generating threads is the way to go.

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I have an idea. Since we only get discussion on some of the comics, why don't we just combine the single comic threads into one discussion thread where we can discuss the recent comics as the are updated? I think that might solve some of these problems.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I have an idea. Since we only get discussion on some of the comics, why don't we just combine the single comic threads into one discussion thread where we can discuss the recent comics as the are updated? I think that might solve some of these problems.
Brilliant! And we can require all posters to register so we don't get guests posting the same crap over and over again and then never coming back. Why didn't someone try this before!?
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.